Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

51 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They are at 25. Will need to trade up from there.

Why?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why?

I would think Njigba would go around 15

Was wondering what the Jets were doing. Trying to get AR who had probs w/ Green Bay letting WR's go, then Jets trade Elijah Moore. Now w/ Hardman it makes sense, kinda.

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Was wondering what the Jets were doing. Trying to get AR who had probs w/ Green Bay letting WR's go, then Jets trade Elijah Moore. Now w/ Hardman it makes sense, kinda.

Like Moore fell out of favor last season. But now kind of feels like ARod doesn’t favor him. He’s a quality receiver. Got his nice niche areas that would have been very helpful to compliment our pass catchers. We just can’t give up a second for him though… even if a third was given back in return with him.

I’m going to assume this second round pick is acquired for trading to Green Bay.  Bigger picture move necessity. I expect we should find out very soon. Pack has to trade ARod. They have very little real leverage. Jets aren’t giving up pick 13….no way. I’d think Douglas probably hasn’t offered more than a third and fourth round trade so far.  Jets are kind of stuck here for ARod….but Pack are stuck worse. 

39 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Is this WR from OSU that good?

Yeah he's pretty good. IDK if we give Quez another shot or put him as a BU 

52 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Is this WR from OSU that good?

To answer your question in more detail,I see a boatload of similarity between him and JJ as far as being able to score from anywhere on the field. His soft tissue injuries are a bit worrisome.His short shuttle time was tremendous(I looks at this more than the flat out 40 time). IMO he will be very difficult to cover. IDK how the previous injuries will affect his draft stock.It said they took their time and he is back,still it something you need to consider. It was concerning he didn't do things at the combine,but they have explained that,and you can also see from the article they like him better than Olave and Wilson. I believe he is as good or better than Smith and would be a nice addition in the slot for us. I just don't know what they think about Quez,but he would be an upgrade in my view. Would I take him at 10-yeah I would()or could see Howie doing it)

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

To answer your question in more detail,I see a boatload of similarity between him and JJ as far as being able to score from anywhere on the field. His soft tissue injuries are a bit worrisome.His short shuttle time was tremendous(I looks at this more than the flat out 40 time). IMO he will be very difficult to cover. IDK how the previous injuries will affect his draft stock.It said they took their time and he is back,still it something you need to consider. It was concerning he didn't do things at the combine,but they have explained that,and you can also see from the article they like him better than Olave and Wilson. I believe he is as good or better than Smith and would be a nice addition in the slot for us. I just don't know what they think about Quez,but he would be an upgrade in my view. Would I take him at 10-yeah I would()or could see Howie doing it)

This is the weapon I would add to this offense.  Or if there is a difference making TE to where we go double TE set. Both provide depth incase injury to one of Smith, AJ or Goedert. 

Offensively... to me makes way more sense than adding a RB.    

This type of move or a stud lineman is what I think benefits the team most.  Not CB, RB,S or anything else. 

Jaxon Smith-Njigba now has the Ohio State record for most receiving yards in a game. Coming into this season, Ohio State only had four 200-yard receiving games ever. Smith-Njigba has done it twice this season.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

This is the weapon I would add to this offense.  Or if there is a difference making TE to where we go double TE set. Both provide depth incase injury to one of Smith, AJ or Goedert. 

Offensively... to me makes way more sense than adding a RB.    

This type of move or a stud lineman is what I think benefits the team most.  Not CB, RB,S or anything else. 

So there's the rub. 2 DL(edge,DT) or a guy like this and one DL. There is no wrong answer here. Howie could go either way. I posted about that TE Schoonmaker from Michigan. he is under the radar some,but still could rise by draft day

I mean.....a way to think is that you are about to invest heavily in your QB.   Get him this weapon to finish off what could easily be seen as the best receiving group...and it would be locked in for a few years.

This provides a huge dilemma for the defense if we add a quick route runner into the mix.  A dude that can separate on his own quickly.   Add that to what we have... will be hard to cover everyone.    

Then it makes it easier to run the ball.   So much more valuable IMO than the guy carrying the ball.  Idk but it seems as the levels of football advance... the RB himself dominates less on a physical basis.   The blocking becomes more important as well as the receivers lightening up the box.

The speed,size,quickness,strength and tackling ability just get exponentially better each level... so much harder for that stud RB to effect the game. 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean.....a way to think is that you are about to invest heavily in your QB.   Get him this weapon to finish off what could easily be seen as the best receiving group...and it would be locked in for a few years.

This provides a huge dilemma for the defense if we add a quick route runner into the mix.  A dude that can separate on his own quickly.   Add that to what we have... will be hard to cover everyone.    

Then it makes it easier to run the ball.   So much more valuable IMO than the guy carrying the ball.  Idk but it seems as the levels of football advance... the RB himself dominates less on a physical basis.   The blocking becomes more important as well as the receivers lightening up the box.

IDK that Njigba has many blocking skills. I didn't check that. Won't show up on highlight reels either. Like I said he reminds me alot of JJ who you know I wanted badly in that draft

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

The speed,size,quickness,strength and tackling ability just get exponentially better each level... so much harder for that stud RB to effect the game. 

Njigba would definitely be a "Howie move"

Vs the Utes in the score-a-thon he had 346 yards and 3 TD's Teams are lucky to get 350 total lol

Archived