Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think I laid out my reasoning and logic fairly thoroughly.

If I asked why you prefer vanilla or chocolate.....would you give a 3 paragraph answer, not really getting to the point?

Why would you want Gannon back.... is simple.  It would be because you think he is a good DC.   Do you?

Yes or no.

Simple answer. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically it looked to me like Rosie went all out to try and keep Gannon as DC. That would be with full knowledge it likely was going to only be for one season. No way he would have believed it likely Gannon came back to stay as DC long term.

This is after Gannon completely choking the SB against AR. Fresh off a terrible and embarrassing performance by Gannon. He looked so badly outmatched against AR. Very lopsided. Made me consider if Gannon will ever be good enough as a DC even.

Good QB have shredded Gannon. First time he was DC. New players molding into his scheme(to begin last season especially.).

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So the way I see it Rosie was trying really hard to retain Gannon so he didn’t need to fall back on Desai.

I've noticed over the years..  you get stuck on the way of thinking that one is not allowed to change their mind on something. 

Perhaps in February Howie didn't want to lose Gannon.   Maybe,idk?

But if Gannon fails brutally one year, why would we want him back?

Why does how one thinks in Feb of 2023, have to be the way one thinks on 2024?

Perhaps why you had such a stick up your arse about Lane Johnson for years?     Maybe it why you refuse to see that Sanders just isn't an impact football player.  Nothing special or elite at all.  Probably why you refuse to see Gainwell as a nice RB in the committee. 

It's ok to change the way you think after seeing things happen...or understand what once was isn't now.  

Gannon really messing up in AZ.. why would that improve his position with the Eagles as a DC?    Makes no sense.

We have a new DC..  if he leaves to be a head coach, we get a 3rd round comp pick.  Why would you fire him instead... for Gannon???

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Good QB have shredded Gannon. First time he was DC. New players molding into his scheme(to begin last season especially.).

So again ...why?  Makes no sense to fire a DC that could get us a 3rd round comp pick...for Gannon.

In 2024..  it would make no sense.   The idea of trying to keep Gannon to create less change...IN FEBRUARY 2023 is no longer there right?

We also saw Slay saying good things about Gannon... not so much about Patricia.    Now look who is and isn't here.

You see.  A mind can wonder into such ridiculous areas when worrying about the fluid soap opera part of the game.  

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I've noticed over the years..  you get stuck on the way of thinking that one is not allowed to change their mind on something. 

Perhaps in February Howie didn't want to lose Gannon.   Maybe,idk?

But if Gannon fails brutally one year, why would we want him back?

Why does how one thinks in Feb of 2023, have to be the way one thinks on 2024?

Perhaps why you had such a stick up your arse about Lane Johnson for years?     Maybe it why you refuse to see that Sanders just isn't an impact football player.  Nothing special or elite at all.  Probably why you refuse to see Gainwell as a nice RB in the committee. 

It's ok to change the way you think after seeing things happen...or understand what once was isn't now.  

Gannon really messing up in AZ.. why would that improve his position with the Eagles as a DC?    Makes no sense.

We have a new DC..  if he leaves to be a head coach, we get a 3rd round comp pick.  Why would you fire him instead... for Gannon???

I was just noticing how Rosie has been treating things. He clearly has been real high on Gannon all along. Think him coming over as DC win Siri the job.

So then you see how Rosie talked and treated Gannon like he was HC of the D. Then after two years….we all knew Gannon was borrowed time here. All figured he was getting a HC opportunity after year one of just becoming a DC even. Year two don’t think anybody thought Gannon wasn’t leaving. But Rosie then offered Gannon more than his HC pay to stay on as DC here. Shows a train of thought by Rosie.

I seemingly saw it all along. Was hoping we got Fangio in here enough to keep him around. But it became fairly obvious quickly that he was gone.

So it didn’t take long to figure Desai was the best option. Which isn’t saying a whole lot really. He can run things closest to Gannon was doing. Arguably his biggest strength…for the job.

Not like Desai has so much experience leading a D. What one year?

We were caught having played in the SB. Gannon couldn’t officially even move on until after. So we had very little leverage to be choosy. Top couple options already had signed.

Now my thoughts are just noticing what’s going on. Seemed fairly obvious the situation. The DC market wasn’t looking great.

So that’s three consistent offseason Rosie has really shown more love than I can remember to a coordinator.

Sanders has plenty of flaws. His situational awareness was terrible. But he very much was an impact player.  So I’m at that level about him. RB don’t agree very well. But he had the rare situation of so few carries in college. Then used sparingly for us. So Sanders is really just hitting his prime. Don’t think I feel he’s elite. Huge gap between him and a McCaffrey. But he was clearly a talented playmaker. Probably rate him as tier two level RB. Really hit a good stride last year. Bulked you but still had the moves and speed.

Why you can belittle Sanders so much yet then heap over praising on Gainwell. Gainwell hasn’t done anything. He finished off a broken terrible Giants D. You are missing the forest for the tree here. Gainwell I can find guys undrafted and available on PS to replace. What has you so pumped on him? I’m feeling like he isn’t even guaranteed a roster spot. Nothing special at all. Hopefully he’ll grow and improve. I’m not hating on the kid. What are you and whomever else seeing in him? Fourth string RB. Maybe Sermon or some undrafted guy beats him out. 

The view on Sanders and the RB room clearly are seemingly noticed at least a little similar to my thinking by Rosie. Sanders I figured he’d let go. How did Rosie react? Did he just sit pat like Gainwell is any kind of key cog in the O? Nope. He added Penny. Then traded for Swift.

Gainwell is barely NFL level player. No idea how you can be so high on him….when he’s so replaceable. Shown nothing. But you can dog Sanders so hard. You can have ideas on that you wouldn’t pay Sanders. Point out his flaws even. But he was an actual offensive weapon.

Be surprised if Gainwell rushes for as much as Sanders did last season in his whole career.

Can’t believe how you are really trying to still push the "we’ll just go with Gainwell and a committee approach”. You just taking it to a ridiculous extreme. Already brought in two guys this offseason that instantly are above Gainwell on the depth chart. I believe Scott is a better RB. Especially if you need a guy to carry more the load. Gainwell can do every thing at the position ok. That’s his ceiling. Just don’t miss the assigned block in pass pro. Let him get banged up blocking to rest any real weapons.

Desai isn’t getting an HC job. That’s not what would happen to bring Gannon back. Gannon gets canned after having the disastrous year I think he’ll experience. Rosie showed he clearly thinks very highly of him. Waited forever not worried about locking up Desai.

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why you can belittle Sanders so much yet then heap over praising on Gainwell. Gainwell hasn’t done anything. He finished off a broken terrible Giants D. You are missing the forest for the tree here. Gainwell I can find guys undrafted and available on PS to replace. What has you so pumped on him? I’m feeling like he isn’t even guaranteed a roster spot. Nothing special at all. Hopefully he’ll grow and improve. I’m not hating on the kid. What are you and whomever else seeing in him? Fourth string RB. Maybe Sermon or some undrafted guy beats him out. 

Why is saying Gainwell is a nice RB in a committee...  why does that translate in your head as " heaping praise "????

" nice" is heaping praise???

Sanders is not elite...nothing special... no quality that stands out.    That's not insulting either.    Obviously he is decent enough to be a pro.  He is a nice early down RB that you have to take out on all the key plays.

It's not hard to see.   You take everything to an extreme...making the kid from KC who had 37 of the team's 76 rushing attempts in the playoffs seem like a hall of fame bell cow.  

Take it easy with these guys...all a dime a dozen.  

26 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Desai isn’t getting an HC job. That’s not what would happen to bring Gannon back. Gannon gets canned after having the disastrous year I think he’ll experience. Rosie showed he clearly thinks very highly of him. Waited forever not worried about locking up Desai.

Do you want Gannon back...yes or no?

Simple yes or no answer. 

Yes or no.    

I believe you would say no.  So would I.  So would the rest of the fanbase. 

I don't think Howie brings back Gannon now.   Things have changed since February...  apparently you have trouble moving on though.  In your mind you are oblivious to all this.    

If Gannon has a brutal year in Arizona... it doesn't help the cause with the fanbase.  

The fanbase knows the schedule was a joke last year, and we all know Gannon got torched when he played the better teams...except one good game vs Cousins who sux prime time.

Unless Desai...completely busts. 

The thing you conveniently skip is that 2023 will be the biggest factor and a huge part of both Desai and Gannon’s resume.  You simply are pausing time to last February.    

Since then Gannon has become a joke with our fanbase.. PR nightmare to bring him back.   No shot....completely ( I'll refuse to use an insulting word so you don't complain here)  thought. Move on.

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

If I asked why you prefer vanilla or chocolate.....would you give a 3 paragraph answer, not really getting to the point?

Why would you want Gannon back.... is simple.  It would be because you think he is a good DC.   Do you?

Yes or no.

Simple answer. 

No. I was very disappointed in him. My point wasn’t my view on him however. It was what Rosie is feeling and thinking.

Archived