Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

9 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I wouldn’t say this think it depends on the team and the QB. Why I think we could definitely see team targeting more veteran QBs to essentially be insurance policies. 

If you have a loaded roster like SF or Philly just having a remotely competent QB that won’t hurt you will keep the team competitive 

Pretty good way of describing things. If you have a strong D and strong rushing attack…..just the threat of attempting passes is all that’s possibly needed. Thinking like how Tannehill came int Titans situation.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Purdy took them to the playoffs and if he didn't get hurt,we may not have even had a SB appearance,so how does that constitute being "done?"

Think you are making a legit point in here somewhat. However….we already were all over the Niners. The next possession the Niners O had the ball after Reddick took out Purdy we airway had I nice advantage and control of the game.

Think there is a bunch we can’t even calculate of what Hurts was capable of doing further in that Niners game. We were able to take the foot off the gas and approach things much more conservatively having the lead we had, while controlling the clock….all while the D just kept growing advabayageous throughout the game on them.

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Wouldn't QB 3 run the scout team?   Unless the picking of the nose is in the other team's playbook, my guess is the nose would remain unpicked?

Sorry just now seeing how I repeated this thought by you

4 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Purdy performed as well as their original QB 1 or 2.  

Remember Brady wasn't a QB1, until he was

Brady took over for Bledsoe whom was an actual legitimate starting NFL QB option. Niners almost only had injuries and good enough QB play holding them back for years now.

7 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Purdy was QB1 for several weeks. It's a matter of practice time in those weeks

Yes and an OC catering towards the individual creating what that O can do. Crucial piece we’ve seen flip teams accomplishments. Really applies to every position and grouping.

3 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

So what we have is a 46 man active roster + 1 QB

BTW i think it would be more common sense for the 53 man roster to be active

Oh don’t go thinking you going to get those billionaires owners to give up too much of their gold.

They really added much more needed flexibility to game day rostering with loosening up the PS rules. Teams fir the last several years now really relying on their PS for two guys to play each game routinely now.

6 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

SO now we're back to semantics LOL. He was listed as QB 3,Mr Irrelevant draft pick. I we pikced up Andy Dalton,would he be QB 1 or QB 3?

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

To me it's not even about the quality.   It's simply the fact you have a QB in street clothes on the sideline.   Dress him...he doesn't count... then use him instead of a RB,WR or whoever else.   It's emergency role....once he goes in the other 2 can't come back.  Zero tricks...zero decisions to make.   Simply  not making the game a complete joke if 2 guys get hurt.  

The only decision to be made is if one of the 2 QBs can go back in... but with SF they couldn't.  Maybe Perdy got hurt worse when he went back in...idk... but if they could dress some scrub...at least that dude could throw and the game would have Maybe been a little more entertaining. 

Just dumb...you let the 3rd QB practice with your team all year...and all week... but can't put him in due to emergency?    

This is common sense now

Sure I agree,the QB 3 "emergency" guy won't displace ANYONE,It's an additional spot on game day. So this was a good rule change. As you know(or recall) I was and still am for dressing 56. The things is,he was already QB3(but again semantics). So, I suppose teams will carry 4 QB's now including on the PS,which is fine with the PS expansion. As you said there really was no "game" that day. They didn't even have a guy who could hand off really

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think you are making a legit point in here somewhat. However….we already were all over the Niners. The next possession the Niners O had the ball after Reddick took out Purdy we airway had I nice advantage and control of the game.

Yes,but you need to think about the NFL goals and that is a competitive game for FANS to watch(and pay for),so this was a move by the NFL to keep the almighty dollars coming in. The TV crowd will boogie if it's "not a game" but with no QB whatsoever for SF,their chances fell from slim to none

6 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

yes he was MOVED UP to QB 1,because the other 2 were injured. He was QB 3 with a QB 1 tag. If you're shopping for 3 cars and pick out 3 and the other 2 get sold before you get there,your #3 pick is now your first choice right? Doesn't matter if it was choice 3 to start with 

So what we have is a 46 man active roster + 1 QB

BTW i think it would be more common sense for the 53 man roster to be active

I still like my 56 idea. They should do this same rule for the "other" 3 spots you have. LS,K and P. Dress 46(any position) plus 1 QB,LS,K and P. Total dressed on game day is 50(with a 56 man roster) Can only come in if #1 is injured(not because they suck)/ "Emergency use only"

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They still had a chance with Purdy. He went out,that reduced their chances from slim to NONE. I believe Denver had to play a game with no QB's(from the start) so IDK how this rule would apply to affect a scenario like that because they weren't all hurt

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sorry just now seeing how I repeated this thought by you

Yes...but no mention of the nose not being picked...lol.  

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes,but you need to think about the NFL goals and that is a competitive game for FANS to watch(and pay for),so this was a move by the NFL to keep the almighty dollars coming in. The TV crowd will boogie if it's "not a game" but with no QB whatsoever for SF,their chances fell from slim to none

Right...the game would be more legit with an actual QB in there.   We still win by a couple of scores ... but at least they have the ability to pass.  Once that goes, it's too easy to stop the run. 

And the NFL doesn't like the slippery field for the Superbowl either. 

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Oh don’t go thinking you going to get those billionaires owners to give up too much of their gold.

Don't the players on the roster get paid regardless?

Don't the players on the roster get paid regardless?

Yeah...I wasn't following what that gold comment meant?   

Thank you to all who gave all, who can't be here this weekend and the families that stood behind them so we can spend time with ours. Peace through strength. RESPECT!!!

155539910_3934053406653376_2775559804096904816_n.jpg

Arizona released the All-Pro receiver on Friday, the team announced.

Here you go BG. Pretty well thought out article on the RG situation. 

Think No Mas was the one to mention Lane and Kelce wanting a bigger guy next to them. Frankly if those two want it to continue playing ….they get it.

Sua Opeta is like 300 pounds I think too. So Steen practically given the green light it looks like to me.

Looks and sounds like they will be willing to take the chances early on the rook as long as he doesn’t look totally over his head. Going with his mass in between Lane and Kelce….will get it done with those two beside him.

Archived