Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

But I was hearing rumors before the playoffs even that we didn’t think we had a strong chance to keep Fangio. That we were looking into another DC…that got hired elsewhere. That even then(start of playoffs) Desai was the most likely candidate we could actually bring in.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Additionally you have the fact the Dolphins just got busted for worse tampering just last season.

Why ASG do you think Gannon’s tampering with the Cards had any baring on Fangio wanting the Philly DC job? 

35 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why ASG do you think Gannon’s tampering with the Cards had any baring on Fangio wanting the Philly DC job? 

The only reason i can come up with  is Fangio couldn't wait around to see if a offer materialized from the Eagles.

I suspect he didn't know at the time the Arizone job was a done deal

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ok No Mas let’s all collectively hold our breath until Desai gets offered a HC job…..in the NFL.

Why do we have to hold our breath?   Wouldn't it be better to have stability at the position?   

You think losing 2  coordinators...plus the coaches they took..... for nothing.   Made the front office happy?

Again...because of who you are...tunnel vision on the soap opera...  you miss the business side of things.  What makes the Eagles front office different than most in the league??. Are they just better " football" people?  

Obviously every decision and every aspect that they are involved with always has a business side to it.    You are very naive if you don't think this was a plus for both our new coordinators.    Very naive.

Jeffrey Lurie hires... 

Andy Reid... Doug Pedersen... Nick Sirianni...   not exactly top candidates at the moment they were hired.

Why is it impossible to think that one of our coordinators could eventually become a head coach?    Two of them just did after 2 years being a coordinator. 

That's pretty ignorant and insulting to those guys, and pretty much every minority that has put the time and work in to make it this far.   You are saying that this is their peak, they will never be promoted.   Very ignorant and insulting. 

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Why do we have to hold our breath?   Wouldn't it be better to have stability at the position?   

You think losing 2  coordinators...plus the coaches they took..... for nothing.   Made the front office happy?

Again...because of who you are...tunnel vision on the soap opera...  you miss the business side of things.  What makes the Eagles front office different than most in the league??. Are they just better " football" people?  

Obviously every decision and every aspect that they are involved with always has a business side to it.    You are very naive if you don't think this was a plus for both our new coordinators.    Very naive.

I won’t accept lowering the standards for stabilities sake. I’ve been fairly critical on Gannon after initially thinking fairly high of him. I really was questioning whether he is really good enough. But Rosie has shown a much higher respect for Gannon. When we hired Siri we knew Gannon was very short term. Interviewed after his first season. Left after his second. But Rosie went big on tryIng to keep him for one more season. Knowing that would just be a short rental all alo

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

The only reason i can come up with  is Fangio couldn't wait around to see if a offer materialized from the Eagles.

I suspect he didn't know at the time the Arizone job was a done deal

We all knew Gannon was going to Zona. It was not a secret. Plus I think Gannon even officially was hired first. By like one day

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But I’m this strange scenario you could actually look at the stability and continuity on the Gannon side. If he came back after one year and brought our LB coach Rallis back…. I’d say Gannon would seemingly be more stability than the Desai and Temple LB coach.

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Jeffrey Lurie hires... 

Andy Reid... Doug Pedersen... Nick Sirianni...   not exactly top candidates at the moment they were hired.

Why is it impossible to think that one of our coordinators could eventually become a head coach?    Two of them just did after 2 years being a coordinator. 

That's pretty ignorant and insulting to those guys, and pretty much every minority that has put the time and work in to make it this far.   You are saying that this is their peak, they will never be promoted.   Very ignorant and insulting. 

Gannon it was assumed would get a HC job quickly. Steichen it was at least thought possible. Brian Johnson was promoted from QB coach to OC. Arguably the most common promotion. Rumors of interest in him to get an OC job elsewhere. I’m sure many took notice of Hurts climb under his watch. So I’d give him a chance at getting interviews possibly before too long. Desai totally different. Nobody was respecting him enough to snag him up for a DC job even. Been waiting. So he feels fairly far off from having consideration for HC job currently. But you never know…only takes one team to fall in love.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But I’m this strange scenario you could actually look at the stability and continuity on the Gannon side. If he came back after one year and brought our LB coach Rallis back…. I’d say Gannon would seemingly be more stability than the Desai and Temple LB coach.

I say you need to get off the substance and stop letting your mind wander.   No shot the fanbase wants Gannon back now.....throw in one year of bring bad enough to get fired in AZ... not exactly the franchise of such high standards...  you think that makes it better for Gannon here?

Wake up!

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Jeffrey Lurie hires... 

You preaching out both sides of the fence here. One post is all about stability. The next is grooming somebody else HC to take from us.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gannon it was assumed would get a HC job quickly. Steichen it was at least thought possible. Brian Johnson was promoted from QB coach to OC. Arguably the most common promotion. Rumors of interest in him to get an OC job elsewhere. I’m sure many took notice of Hurts climb under his watch. So I’d give him a chance at getting interviews possibly before too long. Desai totally different. Nobody was respecting him enough to snag him up for a DC job even. Been waiting. So he feels fairly far off from having consideration for HC job currently. But you never know…only takes one team to fall in love.

Desai sounds a lot like Andy Reid,  Doug Pedersen and Sirianni.... nobody was rushing to hire them as head coach either.   

Just now, joemas6 said:

I say you need to get off the substance and stop letting your mind wander.   No shot the fanbase wants Gannon back now.....throw in one year of bring bad enough to get fired in AZ... not exactly the franchise of such high standards...  you think that makes it better for Gannon here?

Wake up!

I’ll stand by what I explained as a possible scenario. Clearly understanding the recency bias makes it harder to fathom. Just asked if anybody here would hire him back. I believe it’s more possible than you clearly are thinking. I explained our a whole fairly likely scenario that could transpire to facilitate it.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Desai sounds a lot like Andy Reid,  Doug Pedersen and Sirianni.... nobody was rushing to hire them as head coach either.   

Except he was a DC already once.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You preaching out both sides of the fence here. One post is all about stability. The next is grooming somebody else HC to take from us.

Right...you see the balance?  What is the worst case scenario for a franchise?

You keep having to replace coaches who leave...and you get squat out of it!!!

The set up now... you have a successful coordinator...he either stays or you get compensation.   

If he sucks...then you replace him on your own.

Stupid me assuming that these guys were hired because the Eagles anticipate success. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ll stand by what I explained as a possible scenario. Clearly understanding the recency bias makes it harder to fathom. Just asked if anybody here would hire him back. I believe it’s more possible than you clearly are thinking. I explained our a whole fairly likely scenario that could transpire to facilitate it.

And you have explained many other left field scenarios..because that's what you do.   You can't understand that things happen to where it changes everything.  

Gannon is done in Philadelphia... he insulted the fan base ... once you do that it's over here.  

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Except he was a DC already once.

Similar to Belicheck being a head coach once before going to New England?

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...you see the balance?  What is the worst case scenario for a franchise?

You keep having to replace coaches who leave...and you get squat out of it!!!

The set up now... you have a successful coordinator...he either stays or you get compensation.   

If he sucks...then you replace him on your own.

Stupid me assuming that these guys were hired because the Eagles anticipate success. 

I think you are caught up blindly thinking every move Rosie makes is brilliant. I’m more skeptical of Desai’s quality. Knew he’d be the choice. But based more on continuity scheme wise. So the learning curve is lowered.

I love the positive vibes...  already thinking our new DC sucks and wanting him replaced by the idiot that insulted the fanbase for no reason. 

You can't help but love that kind of positive thinking in the off-season. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I think you are caught up blindly thinking every move Rosie makes is brilliant. I’m more skeptical of Desai’s quality. Knew he’d be the choice. But based more on continuity scheme wise. So the learning curve is lowered.

By saying we won't hire Gannon back if he fails so brutally that he gets fired in AZ...  after he insulted the fanbase and showed he was soft...  and the piss poor 2nd half of the Superbowl. 

You translate that into Howie being brilliant?

I heard Howie refused to use the hair dryer in the shower.... brilliant! 

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And you have explained many other left field scenarios..because that's what you do.   You can't understand that things happen to where it changes everything.  

Gannon is done in Philadelphia... he insulted the fan base ... once you do that it's over here.  

Actually you just pointed out how you are not able to see change and I am. The opposite point you thought you were making. Fan base is at its lowest on Gannon right now. You are caught in recency bias. But after this season I pointed out one…just one scenario where fans could be clamoring for a Gannon Rallis return. They’ll point out what he had our D ranked this past regular season. Then be comparing it to what Desai accomplishes. It’s obviously possible Desai doesn’t have them rank as highly. I think fans in the one scenario could be wanting to overlook some things to field the better D for us to try to make a championship run.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I love the positive vibes...  already thinking our new DC sucks and wanting him replaced by the idiot that insulted the fanbase for no reason. 

You can't help but love that kind of positive thinking in the off-season. 

Please reread my posts more carefully. This isn’t what I said or stated. I clearly stated I’m not as high on Gannon. I clearly stated that it is very apparent Rosie is however. That’s what makes the scenario have a chance to occur. Read what I posted again. Explained in detail about what seems to be ROSiE’s thinking.

But yes, I have no problem giving my opinion on Desai. Also noted how it wasn’t just me but clearly pretty league wide by all the guys in charge.

Archived