Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I've noticed over the years..  you get stuck on the way of thinking that one is not allowed to change their mind on something. 

Perhaps in February Howie didn't want to lose Gannon.   Maybe,idk?

But if Gannon fails brutally one year, why would we want him back?

Why does how one thinks in Feb of 2023, have to be the way one thinks on 2024?

Perhaps why you had such a stick up your arse about Lane Johnson for years?     Maybe it why you refuse to see that Sanders just isn't an impact football player.  Nothing special or elite at all.  Probably why you refuse to see Gainwell as a nice RB in the committee. 

It's ok to change the way you think after seeing things happen...or understand what once was isn't now.  

Gannon really messing up in AZ.. why would that improve his position with the Eagles as a DC?    Makes no sense.

We have a new DC..  if he leaves to be a head coach, we get a 3rd round comp pick.  Why would you fire him instead... for Gannon???

I don’t get stuck on one way of thinking at all. I look at many different angles constantly.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what I was trying to explain about things. Like roster building. I’m not like you just had to sign Ceedy Duce. I was constantly seeing how there are a hundred ways to go about things here.

But this is a championship team. Getting the roster decent but missing a key spot or two is a failure.

It’s that crucial clutch GM moment. He has to complete the Championship roster team. Then it’s up to everybody else to do their jobs.

But GM of the Year….did pretty well last year. But that P not getting competition was a big misstep. Fairly easy to have at least gotten competition for Sipposs. P are very cheap.

Now Sanders getting injured and not being able to get things done in the SB. Was it Siri fault for going to Gainwell instead of Scott? Or was it more a GM problem not having a quality enough backup RB to get the job done?

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So again ...why?  Makes no sense to fire a DC that could get us a 3rd round comp pick...for Gannon.

In 2024..  it would make no sense.   The idea of trying to keep Gannon to create less change...IN FEBRUARY 2023 is no longer there right?

We also saw Slay saying good things about Gannon... not so much about Patricia.    Now look who is and isn't here.

You see.  A mind can wonder into such ridiculous areas when worrying about the fluid soap opera part of the game.  

Get your head out your bum. You so fixated on a dang draft pick. Winning the draft wars. Proving that any RB can get the job done. I care more about who our Defense mind is than holding out for a comp pick for him making HC somewhere. You stretching so far with him to be thinking like that. He was our fallback DC option. Tried to practically do anything else. Waited ages and he still was going to be just sitting there. Desai needs to prove he can be any kind of real quality DC first. I don’t see owners lining up to snatch him up as the coaching face to run their organization. Screw the pick….get me the top Defensive mind.

You knew we weren’t paying Sanders. Clearly Rosie doesn’t value RB much. But you went completely overboard….preaching any guy can do the same. Pumped up Gainwell as enough. He’s not. He’s fourth maybe third string….where he belongs. 

I can understand if you don’t believe in taking Barkley second overall. I can understand if you didn’t want to pay the price for McCaffrey. But you can’t just phone the whole RB room in. Still need good players. The better the room…the more we can lean on those guys throughout the season.

I can change my opinions. I can also point out positive and negatives at the same time. Everything isn’t always so black and white. Or in this case so extreme. 

Hit Blount and then added Ajayi. Both played physical and were very solid. Worked. But then Blount leaves. Ajayi couldn’t hold up. The RB room was a major weakness. Held us back . Pretty big time. So Rosie knew he needed to get a guy in round two. Drafted Sanders.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No. I was very disappointed in him. My point wasn’t my view on him however. It was what Rosie is feeling and thinking.

Prior to how everything went down.  He craps the bed in AZ....zero shot he comes back.   The Eagles fanbase doesn't like him...  have you been living under a rock the last 3 months?

You don't see a difference from then and now?  

Imagine bringing back Gannon...   could there be a worse PR move ?   He is public enemy #1 at the moment.  You can bet all season if AZ fails... our fanbase will be all over it...memes galore and everything else.  

Howie has gotten lucky with how some things have happened... we can agree on that.     Gannon leaving is one of them.   No way he brings him back after he would fail.   Coaches rarely get fired after one year.   That's not a good look...especially as i said, you have 2 minorities in position to get us a 3rd round comp pick.  They really need to do awful to fire them after 1 year. 

That's a lot of planning for failure.   Especially for anyone who believes Jalen Hurts just brings out the best in everyone That's within 1000 feet of him.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t get stuck on one way of thinking at all. I look at many different angles constantly.

So you don't see how things have changed for Gannon in Philly now?  You can't see it?   

If you see yourself as this visionary that thinks about everything...you sure missed these last 3 months with Gannon.   

Plus... if you don't think the 3rd round comp picks influenced the 2 coordinator and the front office hire... you are very naive.  

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So you don't see how things have changed for Gannon in Philly now?  You can't see it?   

If you see yourself as this visionary that thinks about everything...you sure missed these last 3 months with Gannon.   

Plus... if you don't think the 3rd round comp picks influenced the 2 coordinator and the front office hire... you are very naive.  

I don’t think both coordinators were hired because they are minority. It’s the most obvious to pick the QB coach to advance to OC. What position coach gets that job more in advancing? Desai runs some Fangio D. So getting him was the least massive D change up.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think both coordinators were hired because they are minority. It’s the most obvious to pick the QB coach to advance to OC. What position coach gets that job more in advancing? Desai runs some Fangio D. So getting him was the least massive D change up.

" part of the reason" they were hired.    Again... you have to take everything to the extreme. 

Gainwell....nice committee RB... doesn't mean all pro. 

" a factor"  means part of the reason.

Obviously coaches need to be qualified  first...but for a team that just lost 2 coordinators and received nothing..  you can bet that the organization wants either stability... or to receive compensation like SF just did.

You are very naive on the business side of things. 

It's pretty ignorant not to realize that teams don't want to lose coordinators.  Usually they lose other coaches along with them.  

But once the coach leaves ... now bringing him back is a whole other story. Now what happens to the new staff?

See to not understand this part is pretty ignorant.    

It's much different to want to keep a guy in February...then to want to disrupt everything again and rehire him along with some new staff.

Really doesn't take a genius to see this... a person who says they look at all angles...really shouldn't miss this.

1. Brutal PR move

2. Disruption in the staff 

3.  Firing a guy that can bring you a 3rd round pick.

Vs...

1.  Howie wanted to not lose a guy and some of the coaches back in February. 

What you think when you look at " all the angles"????

Ok No Mas let’s all collectively hold our breath until Desai gets offered a HC job…..in the NFL.

If Desai bombs and Gannon bombs…bringing Gannon back will look like a better option.

40 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If Desai bombs and Gannon bombs…bringing Gannon back will look like a better option.

If Gannon and the Cardinals wouldn't have been playing footsie under the table we might have gotten Fangio

5 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

If Gannon and the Cardinals wouldn't have been playing footsie under the table we might have gotten Fangio

I think that was the most ideal DC hire. But I’m not sure we had a legit shot at getting him. Obviously the SB put us so far behind with the coaching situations. But to be honest most would rather be in Miami than Philly. 

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think that was the most ideal DC hire. But I’m not sure we had a legit shot at getting him. Obviously the SB put us so far behind with the coaching situations. But to be honest most would rather be in Miami than Philly. 

After a report emerged that Eagles consultant Vic Fangio was poised to become the defensive coordinator in Miami, questions emerged as to whether he’d succeed Jonathan Gannon in Philly, if/when Gannon left.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, the tampering shenanigans involving the Cardinals and Gannon resulted in Fangio not sticking around.

10 hours ago, joemas6 said:

It's pretty ignorant not to realize that teams don't want to lose coordinators.  Usually they lose other coaches along with them.  

But once the coach leaves ... now bringing him back is a whole other story. Now what happens to the new staff?

See to not understand this part is pretty ignorant.    

It's much different to want to keep a guy in February...then to want to disrupt everything again and rehire him along with some new staff.

Really doesn't take a genius to see this... a person who says they look at all angles...really shouldn't miss this.

1. Brutal PR move

2. Disruption in the staff 

3.  Firing a guy that can bring you a 3rd round pick.

Vs...

1.  Howie wanted to not lose a guy and some of the coaches back in February. 

What you think when you look at " all the angles"????

You think I’m not seeing or understanding the current dynamics at play. But really it’s just that you can’t have the foresight to envision a scenario that is fairly likely to occur this season. Very likely Gannon is a train wreck in Zona. Getting canned after one 4 win season is very possible. Especially with that franchise. They could also be in line to draft a top QB in the next draft under several scenarios unfavorable from Kyler.  Going all in on a top pick franchise QB…again…could easily make them feel an importance on switching to an offensive mind or QB whisperer type. 

On our end. Gannon is at a very low point with our fan base. Agreed. But picture a young only one year previous experience DC that wasn’t desired by any other of the many teams that hired new DC. Desai was so readily available for us to get…we didn’t rush hiring him at all. I….I believe several others saw us hiring Desai the whole time. Before the SB even. So it’s easy to come to the conclusion based on all these facts that he isn’t the best guy for the job. We have a talented, personnel wise, D. So it’s very possible Desai disappoints.

So now that you fast forward ahead away from the recency bias on Gannon fan base thinking. Everybody could easily be very much calling for Gannon that provided a high ranking D last regular season. He crushed the G-men in the playoffs. We probably beat the Niners anyway. But you could make a solid case for his excellent work that playoff game winning the day.

7 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

After a report emerged that Eagles consultant Vic Fangio was poised to become the defensive coordinator in Miami, questions emerged as to whether he’d succeed Jonathan Gannon in Philly, if/when Gannon left.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com, the tampering shenanigans involving the Cardinals and Gannon resulted in Fangio not sticking around.

This is some quality rumor to think on. For one thing I didn’t know anybody that knew about the tampering until the draft day. So if this rumor is true it would mean that Rosie offered Gannon more than his HC money to stay on as DC…when he already knew all about the tampering situation.

Archived