Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

20 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks Ham, more will find their way.

Now that the draft is over, interested to see what other "adjustments" are made.

As the roster is set right now and all the talk about dangling Dillard out there, I can see a return of JP. I know he's old, still better and can teach while transitioning to coach. Can also see us bringing back Curry and would like a bull of a RB to do what the squigglies can't.

We got Warren.I personally had Corbin picked out,but he will fit the bill just fine

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

"quality BU" We don't know that yet.You bashed me on JJ because of "college stats" but here you are saying Hurts is the next QB god based on college stats.Seems uh redundant

Stats of becoming a very accurate passer that can make all the throws. Those are college stats that translate. Yes, he put up massive numbers also. Was runner up for the Heisman. Would have won the heisman in any other season that Burrow wasn’t shattering every record.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Stats of becoming a very accurate passer that can make all the throws. Those are college stats that translate. Yes, he put up massive numbers also. Was runner up for the Heisman. Would have won the heisman in any other season that Burrow wasn’t shattering every record.

LMAO but 1500 yards and 18TD's doesn't. I love how you pick your fights lol. SAME THING.Maybe he had a KA O line that gave him 6 seconds every down to throw it

I'm talking out my arse,I need to watch a few vids lol

LOL Ham,C'mon man..Who were his WR's at Bama? OH 2 guys named Ruggs and Jeudy(lol).Then he transfers to Okla and get to throw to Lamb.Those are some nice names that catch balls for your "accuracy" rating

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO but 1500 yards and 18TD's doesn't. I love how you pick your fights lol. SAME THING.Maybe he had a KA O line that gave him 6 seconds every down to throw it

I never said college production didn’t matter. I just debated it wasn’t the only tool to use to evaluate a prospects transition to the pros. QB accuracy translates stats wise. I don’t think most QBs could be that accurate in practice with no pass rush. It’s impressive. But yes throwing a pass to the RB at the line of scrimmage is less impressive than a downfield throw. So you have to dig into the film to verify the stats. Plus Hurts did it for several years...for two different teams. That gets you through a bunch of what ifs there. But I will say that Hurts wasn’t nearly as good a QB at Bama even though he put up big stats. Under Lincoln Riley he really learned the position. His stats were massively impressive at OK. But how and why he did it is what impresses me to being a good NFL player.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I never said college production didn’t matter. I just debated it wasn’t the only tool to use to evaluate a prospects transition to the pros. QB accuracy translates stats wise. I don’t think most QBs could be that accurate in practice with no pass rush. It’s impressive. But yes throwing a pass to the RB at the line of scrimmage is less impressive than a downfield throw. So you have to dig into the film to verify the stats. Plus Hurts did it for several years...for two different teams. That gets you through a bunch of what ifs there. But I will say that Hurts wasn’t nearly as good a QB at Bama even though he put up big stats. Under Lincoln Riley he really learned the position. His stats were massively impressive at OK. But how and why he did it is what impresses me to being a good NFL player.

yeah he did it with arguably the top 3 WR's in this draft

If I'm passing to you and my grannie is defending you my accuracy rate with be close to 100,so ;lets see what he does before we annoint him the next GOAT ok?

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL Ham,C'mon man..Who were his WR's at Bama? OH 2 guys named Ruggs and Jeudy(lol).Then he transfers to Okla and get to throw to Lamb.Those are some nice names that catch balls for your "accuracy" rating

Accuracy is about putting the ball there. Reagor was wide open and his QB still couldn’t hit him with the pass...or sometimes even recognize he was open. Ruggs wasn’t much of a factor for Hurts. See, you have to look deeper. And yes Hurts has been a top recruit that’s been in two great offenses.

yeah he did it with arguably the top 3 WR's in this draft

I’ll give you the top two. Ruggs only caught a few passes from Hurts. But exactly why looking at stats only isn’t a great way to evaluate. When you dig deeper though Hurts checks the boxes.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Accuracy is about putting the ball there. Reagor was wide open and his QB still couldn’t hit him with the pass...or sometimes even recognize he was open. Ruggs wasn’t much of a factor for Hurts. See, you have to look deeper. And yes Hurts has been a top recruit that’s been in two great offenses.

LOL ok so if he wasn't an factor why did we need a speed guy if those are not factorsPretty easy for any QB worth a damn to hit a wide open guy.Ok so the TCU QB sucked.That's their mistake,but to say Ruggs wasn't a factor for Hurts is wrong(they also had the slot guy he hit at bama also)

If I'm passing to you and my grannie is defending you my accuracy rate with be close to 100,so ;lets see what he does before we annoint him the next GOAT ok?

I don’t remotely believe that. I’d be impressed if you hit me accurately 60 percent if the time.

I’ll give you the top two. Ruggs only caught a few passes from Hurts. But exactly why looking at stats only isn’t a great way to evaluate. When you dig deeper though Hurts checks the boxes.

SO then despite giving Wentz a huge contract,he is gone next year? We wasted a 53 pick on a guy who MAY play 3 plays a game?

I don’t remotely believe that. I’d be impressed if you hit me accurately 60 percent if the time.

I can hit you 100% of the time,until my arm tires and I need a beer HAHA

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL ok so if he wasn't an factor why did we need a speed guy if those are "factors". Pretty easy for any QB worth a damn to hit a wide open guy.Ok so the TCU QB sucked.That's their mistake,but to say Ruggs wasn't a factor for Hurts is wrong(they also had the slot guy he hit at bama also)

Saying Ruggs wasn’t a factor isn’t wrong. He wasn’t. Ruggs came on for Tua and after Hurts left.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just a free discussion about everything Eagles. Well really about anything. But we all are diehard Eagles fans. This is our second time getting the boot from the team site. We have survived and endured.

Been doing it old school style...since dial up internet

Interesting, We have been doing the same thing on the blog since before 2003 and I don't remember seeing this thread on the other site 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Saying Ruggs wasn’t a factor isn’t wrong. He wasn’t. Ruggs came on for Tua and after Hurts left.

So Hurts can't hit the deep guy????

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Interesting, We have been doing the same thing on the blog since before 2003 and I don't remember seeing this thread on the other site 

It was WAY at the bottom WAY under the TATE thread lol(last one I believe)

28 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Why the F are you swearing at us with your first post? This is why we are a SEPARATE group

:roll:

SS Hurts can't hit the deep guy????

It was WAY at the bottom WAY under the TATE thread lol(last one I believe)

Fair enough, have at er. See you around

1 minute ago, greend said:

:roll:

🤣

SO then despite giving Wentz a huge contract,he is gone next year? We wasted a 53 pick on a guy who MAY play 3 plays a game?

No. Don’t see Wentz going anywhere. Hopefully yes we wasted a pick on Hurts to play a handful of plays a game. But you need a backup also. So we aren’t spending all that money on a vet backup QB.  And the missing part that none seems to mention is it allows us to let Wentz play. Just unleash him and not worry so much. Let it happen! That part is huge!

3 minutes ago, greend said:

You’re more than welcome to share your opinions.

SO Ham,maybe Hurts was replaced because he could not hit Ruggs? and Tua could?

Carson’s wife Maddy went into labor a couple hours ago. Praying for a healthy vibrant girl 

No. Don’t see Wentz going anywhere. Hopefully yes we wasted a pick on Hurts to play a handful of plays a game. But you need a backup also. So we aren’t spending all that money on a vet backup QB.  And the missing part that none seems to mention is it allows us to let Wentz play. Just unleash him and not worry so much. Let it happen! That part is huge!

IDK Wentz has always taken chances and why he gets hurt.I don't see Ped keeping him on a leash

1 minute ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Carson’s wife Maddy went into labor a couple hours ago. Praying for a healthy vibrant girl 

TY for the news

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So Hurts can't hit the deep guy????

Never said that. You got to look into things yourself some.

SO why was he replaced at Bama? Just "because"? IDK if you have a hot QB why replace him?

You said yourself Ruggs wasn't a factor,so that tells me he didn't go to him? Was he TOO fast for Hurts?

Archived