Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

29 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not wrong where the meat of our O is the short to middle passing attack being able to open it up for the TEs and the RBs is going to lead to really big things 

So true. It feels like there’s an issue that it just now is being understood. Seemed obvious. And if it wasn’t obvious what we were missing it should have been obvious watching a similar offense in KC going to work these years. 
  You know what....no excuses. We were the ones utilizing DJax. When Marty Morhinwheg was here last time we had that Uber explosive big play offense.

Him talking about it now is nice. But it’s more damning on why wasn’t it already a bigger priority?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Is DC over here I haven’t seen him post

He's registered, but he said he was planning to call it quits after the draft. In part because he was finding the boards to be less enjoyable, but I believe work obligations and caring for his father were also taking up a lot of his time as well.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Same...my emails are brutal.     right now 1556 " new"  ones.... gotta get rid of some in there.    LOL

So we need to get WRANG in here too.   Eagles TD123 said he was set up but didn't see a post yet.   Who else are we missing?   

Eagles UK? and Senhor posted sometimes

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He's registered, but he said he was planning to call it quits after the draft. In part because he was finding the boards to be less enjoyable, but I believe work obligations and caring for his father were also taking up a lot of his time as well.

Glad he signed up. Just needs to keep his options open. Just pop in whenever he needs a little escape...if nothing else.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Glad he signed up. Just needs to keep his options open. Just pop in whenever he needs a little escape...if nothing else.

I would imagine he'll miss it eventually, and will pop in from time to time. Just won't be frequently.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would imagine he'll miss it eventually, and will pop in from time to time. Just won't be frequently.

We let him know we were here and that he is welcome anytime.This is kind of a little "clique" of slower paced peeps that don't care for,well lets say, "immaturity" that some show on TATE.We DO argue on here,but it's clean and classy and respectful,so we just kind of banded together as the self appointed "outcasts" lol.BTW you are welcome here anytime to join in the back and forth rhetoric,thoughts and BS we post HAHA

Can't be all go fast, still think we need a good dozer RB

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We let him know we were here and that he is welcome anytime.This is kind of a little "clique" of slower paced peeps that don't care for,well lets say, "immaturity" that some show on TATE.We DO argue on here,but it's clean and classy and respectful,so we just kind of banded together as the self appointed "outcasts" lol.BTW you are welcome here anytime to join in the back and forth rhetoric,thoughts and BS we post HAHA

Thanks. I'll try and keep up. I never really went in the Insider section, or whatever it was called, though I did notice it existed. It's been many years since I read anything from Spuds, so I never thought to bother. I saw this thread and decided to pop in and right away realized I didn't recognize any names lol.

Posted my final tribute on the old board.ONWARD EAGLES!!!!!

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I wouldn't mind someone to fill the Blount role from 2017. I loved having him on the team that year. Always seemed to be having fun, and scored in all 3 postseason games. As many highlight clips as Foles had in LII, Blount had an awesome TD run as well as a great run to set up the first TD to Jeffery.

We've all been here for eons(it seems).Jump in anytime, for thoughts,sometimes heated discussions,some jokes and laughs and BS when things are slow and we pretty much know each other well now.it's a fun little corner to hide in

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I wouldn't mind someone to fill the Blount role from 2017. I loved having him on the team that year. Always seemed to be having fun, and scored in all 3 postseason games. As many highlight clips as Foles had in LII, Blount had an awesome TD run as well as a great run to set up the first TD to Jeffery.

I wanted that kid from Illinois Corbin.But we got Warren who fills that role for me.I also don't know what to expect from Holyfield.he seems to be a dozer type also

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Man I hope that kid Killins sticks.he is BRUTAL fast.I have zero doubt he can run with a guy like Ruggs all day.he will test Scott and make him work lol

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I wanted that kid from Illinois Corbin.But we got Warren how fills that role for me.I also don't know what to expect from Holyfield.he seems to be a dozer type also

I don't follow college so I can't ever give names, but yeah, I'd be thrilled if Holyfield can fill the role. He'd be a cheap body for a few seasons. I usually forget he's here.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't follow college so I can't ever give names, but yeah, I'd be thrilled if Holyfield can fill the role. He'd be a cheap body for a few seasons. I usually forget he's here.

I think when Clement left we kind forgot that hole.We filled it with Holyfield,but it was a quiet move without fanfare.Watched some vids.I can't say he is terrible.Love the fact we added Sproles as a coach.I pushed for that long ago,so let.s see what the Duce/Sproles connection can do for your running game.For Scott and now Killins having Sproles mentor you isn't such a bad deal

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Still some Fa's out there we can add fairly cheap.Freeman and Hyde come to mind

Here's my boy lol.Imagine Hurts and this guy on a RO HAHAHA

15 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Blount, exactly the type of RB I'd like to see. Need 3 yds - NP! Tough enough to draw the extra defender, speed guys doing the same, opens the middle, harder to defend

43 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Carlos Hyde for a yr or 2?

Would not be a terrible option seen Perine(former skin) got released by the Dolphins I’d consider taking a look at him as well was a powerful runner coming out of college 

I even mentioned looking at trading for a guy like Royce Freeman...

I mentioned possibly a Douglas for Royce swap 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

You need to help us get DC .. or Don Corleone back here to the new site.   He was saying he was done after the old site dies.   Great with updates and opinions.  

He said he created an account here and the door is open. Hopefully he makes a new home here.

Didn't watch Broncos last yr. Seems Freeman's fallen out of favor there, plus they have Lindsay. All his numbers are down tho. He's only 24.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Carlos Hyde for a yr or 2?

1,maybe 2 but we need to see what we have in Holyfield and now Warren,so if they are not ready or not good enough we can do a 1,1.Hopefully one of those 2 can be an adequate BU/basher back that would we only need a 1 year

Archived