Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Never said that. You got to look into things yourself some.

Ruggs entered the draft as a Junior. Hurts played for OK last year. Tua was the starting QB for Bama in 2018. Hurts was the starter after Tua got hurt(SEC Championship Game). Hurts was the starter for Ruggs Freshman year. Ruggs wasn’t that much of a contributor his Freshman year. Understandably for both.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that QB throwing to the top 3 WR's in this draft argument when it comes to Reagor, who was 4th most off thrown passes by bad QB play in college football.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ruggs entered the draft as a Junior. Hurts played for OK last year. Tua was the starting QB for Bama in 2018. Hurts was the starter after Tua got hurt(SEC Championship Game). Hurts was the starter for Ruggs Freshman year. Ruggs wasn’t that much of a contributor his Freshman year. Understandably for both.

Maybe,but they had someone else(IDK who).Still you have already annointed this guy as the next GOAT and I think we need to wait and see

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Remember that QB throwing to the top 3 WR's in this draft argument when it comes to Reagor, who was 4th most off thrown passes by bad QB play in college football.

Never said I was against Reagor.JJ IMO offered Wentz more targets per game.Thats why I chose him

6 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Carson’s wife Maddy went into labor a couple hours ago. Praying for a healthy vibrant girl 

Sucks if he can’t be a part of it

At any rate,I was hoping to shore up the WR corps.We got ONE top guy. Then we took Hurts and I'm sorry I can't see Ped having the experience to launch off gadget plays like Sean can

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sucks if he can’t be a part of it

Having their baby in Texas so not real sure if he’s allowed in the room or not 

We got lucky with the "special",but really are we going to do gadget plays every game now"? How about a solid team with a running game?

2 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Just found out he is allowed in the delivery room 

Taking a wait and see when it comes to Hurts. As the season goes on, if he's in 12-15 plays/game, then they're not gadget plays - he's an O weapon.

3 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Yeah that sucks.I just hope she is healthy.She won't remember dad not being there,he will explain that later.I'm sure he will be there virtually if nothing else

2 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Just found out he is allowed in the delivery room 

SWEET-GL Carson

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Taking a wait and see when it comes to Hurts. As the season goes on, if he's in 12-15 plays/game, then they're not gadget plays - he's an O weapon.

You are taking stats from Wentz,will be be happy with that? I don't see that many plays per game.Pretty much keeping him from MVP status doing this or even being considered for it

Welcome to our little Board NoDak

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

At any rate,I was hoping to shore up the WR corps.We got ONE top guy. Then we took Hurts and I'm sorry I can't see Ped having the experience to launch off gadget plays like Sean can

Philly Special...in the Super Bowl!

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We got lucky with the "special",but really are we going to do gadget plays every game now"? How about a solid team with a running game?

Why not both?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Philly Special...in the Super Bowl!

Why not both?

Watched Hurts.He is very good at throws on the run and running on "busted plays".I also noticed he has 6 seconds to throw it also,that wont hold up in the NFL.TD's on missed college tackles won't hold up either.I will refrain from annointing him and/or bashing him. IMO it's way to early to say he will succeed at this level

I think he has a great demeanor for a Head Coach also. He’s had to deal with some very large personalities. I think he’s done well with that. 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think Pederson is one of the top offensive minds in football 

IDK bud,don't we all call "bad play calls" alot of times???? Just sayin

IDK,I also have to think about how this affects Carson. We paid this guy big bucks to PLAY,not wait 3 series to go in and out.We run the risk of him going "cold" or losing momentum if we F this up

I am seriously trying very hard here to avoid the "Winston/ Fitz" debacle they had in TB.They kept changing them back and forth and had no continuity

I think Pedey’s been pretty brilliant. Limitations have hampered him though. Not having a RB hurt. And not having a speed WR option has limited him. Still fielded a good offense even with no receivers. Now if we got Wentz, TEs, WR and Sanders....we could be back to that 2017 offense....maybe more.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I am seriously trying very hard here to avoid the "Winston/ Fitz" debacle they had in TB.They kept changing them back and forth and had no continuity

Two not good enough isn't the same as two very good options. But exactly placing my faith in Pedey handling it(along with Press). Sean Peyton has managed it very well. It’s a weapon. And it’s depth.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think Pedey’s been pretty brilliant. Limitations have hampered him though. Not having a RB hurt. And not having a speed WR option has limited him. Still fielded a good offense even with no receivers. Now if we got Wentz, TEs, WR and Sanders....we could be back to that 2017 offense....maybe more.

I hope so,I was hoping for that last year before everyone went down.I hope THIS med crew can do batter keeping our guys on the field

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Two not good enough isn't the same as two very good options. But exactly placing my faith in Pedey handling it(along with Press). Sean Peyton has managed it very well. It’s a weapon. And it’s depth.

Brees is old,needs a breather now and then.Carson is not old.And they are gearing up for Taysom to take over

And Carson isn’t waiting three series to come back in unless Hurts wins the starting job. Hurts can focus on the RPOs and maybe a trick play or two. Let Carson do all the heavy lifting.

Archived