Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1618 pages and still going strong!

Well, for a few more days

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did give Gowtons' BGN article a read.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/4/27/21238391/eagles-jalen-hurts-taysom-hill-package-steroids-nfl-draft-philadelphia-offense-quarterback-wentz-qb

It's what I wrote when we picked Hurts, using him  in the Taysom Hill roll, only making it a regular part of the game plan or else it's a gimmick. It can create a lot of misdirection on the field, allow plays to develop downfield with our speed guys and keep Wentz from risking himself. I expect Sean Payton to develop that gameplan with Hill even further, don't know how much we can develop it this yr, believe it's coming tho.

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I expect Sean Payton to develop that gameplan with Hill even further, don't know how much we can develop it this yr, believe it's coming tho.

If it is serious should not be that hard for the team to implement it.... Take things we already have seen one wildcat stuff some of the things Saints do with the Saints and add wrinkles to it 

If we used it around 10 times a game and if we can get 1-2 big plays from it could be huge 

Here is my article...   So far Ike Reese seems to be the only one who gets it.   " The Eagles were looking to get a #2 QB for cheap... combined cap hits for Hurts will be less than $6 mil from 2020 to 2023."

Meanwhile in back up QB land.....  cap hits for 2020 ...

Mariota = $9.125 mil
Brissett  = $21.3  mil
Foles = $6.666 mil
Taysom Hil = $4.6 mil
A. J. McCarron = $4 mil
Case Keenum = $2.833 mil
RG3  =  $2.5 mil
Schaub = $2.375 mil
Colt McCoy = $2.25 mil
Cooper Rush = $2.133 mil

Nathan Peterman ... the INT machine = $2.133 mil

Matt Barkley is over $2 mil

So .... its nice to see Read option ...trick plays ... good in the locker room   ... Wentz gets hurt ..... and every other issue.     But $25 mil over the 2021 cap and needing cheap options is realistically the issue.  and why they invested a high pick in the position.  

It's not sexy for fans... $$$$ part of sports is boring and not fun.  But it's a necessary evil.  and it drives a lot of the decisions that need to be made.  

Suds back up in 2020... Hurts back up from 2021 to 2023.  If they can flip Hurts for a pick in 2023 then great .... if he can make a few plays on the field in the meantime ... great.  But it's his economic value that is the key here.  

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

If you look in the old message board ... we were under " Eagles New Discussion"   always the last thread of the top section.     We used to be the posts after Spuds would have his " On the Inside"  articles.  He stopped doing it, so it has been one long thread for a while now.  would be great if you guys could put us as a permanent thread at the same spot again.  

Oh! I gotcha. News discussion. You truly were a hidden group. :D

We'll figure something out. VA created all the same forums except those related to Dave obviously. 

I won't merge to pull out the rug from under you, we'll find you a home. 

You might also check out the blog for another long running discussion. 

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

We'll figure something out. VA created all the same forums except those related to Dave obviously. 

I've been all over the blog .... for years.  Good stuff ... a lot harder to follow though.  This will be an ongoing discussion so it will constantly be up there, but figure a permanent spot there would be good.  outside of TATE .. so easy to find.  Probably most of us have it saved in their favorites anyway...lol   

5 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

You need to help us get DC .. or Don Corleone back here to the new site.   He was saying he was done after the old site dies.   Great with updates and opinions.  

He'll miss us sooner or later. The email thing wasn't for me, I try to weed out my my email accts as much as possible.

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

He'll miss us sooner or later. The email thing wasn't for me, I try to weed out my my email accts as much as possible.

Same...my emails are brutal.     right now 1556 " new"  ones.... gotta get rid of some in there.    LOL

So we need to get WRANG in here too.   Eagles TD123 said he was set up but didn't see a post yet.   Who else are we missing?   

hinking about the QB room and if Suds or Lauletta would be here. Suds has been in the league 5 yrs? Seemed like 3

2 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I was seeing that the one Auburn T Wangaho(probably spelled it wrong)we got was being graded by many as a 2nd round prospect until he got an injury

Yes, knee issue. This draft gave little medical rechecks so teams stayed away from much of these type guys. Worth taking a swing at with our free pick at the end of the draft

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So we need to get WRANG in here too.   Eagles TD123 said he was set up but didn't see a post yet.   Who else are we missing?   

Is DC over here I haven’t seen him post

Haven’t seen Stine or Trini over here either think they about it from the old board 

Think DC said he wasn;t coming, needs his arm twisted but hope he comes.

Augh, now I get GB;s Wango Tango reference from yesterday! Had only 2 hrs sleep the night before, didn't understand why he was talking about Ted Nugent

The extent of Africa’s brain drain worrying | This is africa

Saw Trini, think Stine as well

45 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Here is my article...   So far Ike Reese seems to be the only one who gets it.   " The Eagles were looking to get a #2 QB for cheap... combined cap hits for Hurts will be less than $6 mil from 2020 to 2023."

Meanwhile in back up QB land.....  cap hits for 2020 ...

Mariota = $9.125 mil
Brissett  = $21.3  mil
Foles = $6.666 mil
Taysom Hil = $4.6 mil
A. J. McCarron = $4 mil
Case Keenum = $2.833 mil
RG3  =  $2.5 mil
Schaub = $2.375 mil
Colt McCoy = $2.25 mil
Cooper Rush = $2.133 mil

Nathan Peterman ... the INT machine = $2.133 mil

Matt Barkley is over $2 mil

So .... its nice to see Read option ...trick plays ... good in the locker room   ... Wentz gets hurt ..... and every other issue.     But $25 mil over the 2021 cap and needing cheap options is realistically the issue.  and why they invested a high pick in the position.  

It's not sexy for fans... $$$$ part of sports is boring and not fun.  But it's a necessary evil.  and it drives a lot of the decisions that need to be made.  

Suds back up in 2020... Hurts back up from 2021 to 2023.  If they can flip Hurts for a pick in 2023 then great .... if he can make a few plays on the field in the meantime ... great.  But it's his economic value that is the key here.  

Absolutely right! Vet backups aren’t cheap.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Think DC said he wasn;t coming, needs his arm twisted but hope he comes.

Augh, now I get GB;s Wango Tango reference from yesterday! Had only 2 hrs sleep the night before, didn't understand why he was talking about Ted Nugent

The extent of Africa’s brain drain worrying | This is africa

Saw Trini, think Stine as well

That’s cool almost every is over... Will suck not having DC though needs to come on over.. As Joe said really great at staying informed and posting keep us all up to date good guy

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Same...my emails are brutal.     right now 1556 " new"  ones.... gotta get rid of some in there.    LOL

UK I saw in another part. Trini. Senhorcook.

5 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Haven’t seen Stine or Trini over here either think they about it from the old board 

Both have posted here... look back at the beginning.  Different avi for Stine

Not wrong where the meat of our O is the short to middle passing attack being able to open it up for the TEs and the RBs is going to lead to really big things 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

UK I saw in another part. Trini. Senhorcook.

Trini was here ,... Sen... we need to get him over, I'm running out, can you send him that link... reply to one of his posts.... Those other guys need to come too.   Hard to remember all the names.

Archived