Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Arthur didn't sign with ALT until AFTER we interviewd him. Obviously we made zero impression on him

Or he made zero impression on us lol... Becuase unless your hearing we offered him the job and he rejected us your just speculating like me 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

The Eagles could bail on him for anything that a decision they can make and as for the capital return I’d still say at the minimum with everything that reported he would still garner a 2nd rounder. 

So no I think if the Eagles brass wanted to move on from Wentz they could they are opting to keep him whether I agree with it or not isn’t my call I have no say but that how I see it at least 

well first you say 95% chance he stays, then say we will trade him. It can't be both. I would like to hear from the owners mouth as to what his intentions are. They are saying he is fixable,but we had 12 weeks to fix him, so they seem to be delusional and coaching prospects aren't buying it

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If we had WP as DC, at least they have something to work with,but we will fart around until there is a choice of 2 people.

And you can also dissuaded more coaches by hiring him because then they realize will I have any control??? Will I get to pick my staff or will I have to listen to Howie. It can go both ways 

Or he made zero impression on us lol... Becuase unless your hearing we offered him the job and he rejected us your just speculating like me 

Nah, cause he even cancelled his interview in Detroit

well first you say 95% chance he stays, then say we will trade him. It can't be both. I would like to hear from the owners mouth as to what his intentions are. They are saying he is fixable,but we had 12 weeks to fix him, so they seem to be delusional and coaching prospects aren't buying it

Wow read the posts lol yes I believe he stays... and I stated IF we really wanted to move him we would 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And you can also dissuaded more coaches by hiring him because then they realize will I have any control??? Will I get to pick my staff or will I have to listen to Howie. It can go both ways 

No they won't and that's why we don;t have a replacement yet

Wow read the posts lol yes I believe he stays... and I stated IF we really wanted to move him we would 

so we really have no clue what we want to do which is what I said

I think they are using the "he's fixable" because they know we are stuck with him and nobody will take him off our hands

Nah, cause he even cancelled his interview in Detroit

Yea ATL offered him a job again didn’t hear anything about the Eagles making him an offer that he rejected. So we chose to let him walk out the door if he impressed that much we would have been offering something up before he left and definitely would have heard some speculation story about it 

so we really have no clue what we want to do which is what I said

Do you just fill whatever you want becuase I’ve LITERALLY did not say this I think we know what we want 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes it can why are you in such a rush for a replacement why do the Eagles have to hire a guy right away 

Yea ATL offered him a job again didn’t hear anything about the Eagles making him an offer that he rejected. So we chose to let him walk out the door if he impressed that much we would have been offering something up before he left and definitely would have heard some speculation story about it 

"you have no control" is an offer anyone with any thought processes would refuse(and thats why we still have noone)

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yes it can why are you in such a rush for a replacement why do the Eagles have to hire a guy right away 

Because we dont have ONE position to fill,we have SEVEN

I don’t see LA or Houston with a new coach yet either and they started before us 

Because we dont have ONE position to fill,we have SEVEN

Lmao and an entire off-season to do so... Coaches know who they want to bring along they don’t just wait to get hired and fill there staff out randomly 

If I had all my pieces and was looking JUST for a HC,then I would agree with you. But we were already a week behind on firing Ped,so the best are getting signed while we piss around. But noone wants to coach here,thats fairly obvious by now and why we are looking at people NOONE else is,because the options are running out

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

"you have no control" is an offer anyone with any thought processes would refuse(and thats why we still have noone)

We haven’t OFFERED ANYONE A JOB is why we have no one. We are not rushing a hire just like last time 

Lmao and an entire off-season to do so... Coaches know who they want to bring along they don’t just wait to get hired and fill there staff out randomly 

"entire offseason" is what 3-4 months? When you have to get SEVEN people on board? Like I said if it was just the HC I could agree with you

We haven’t OFFERED ANYONE A JOB is why we have no one. We are not rushing a hire just like last time 

How do you know it wasn't offered? Are you in the interview room?

We are not rushing a hire just like last time 

And we got stuck with Ped 

If I had all my pieces and was looking JUST for a HC,then I would agree with you. But we were already a week behind on firing Ped,so the best are getting signed while we piss around. But noone wants to coach here,thats fairly obvious by now and why we are looking at people NOONE else is,because the options are running out

The best are getting hired Saleh and Smith????  Or Campbell who idk who he is that the Lion signed... Or Meyer who only talked to the Jags and from what I read would have only taken the Jags job. 

We didn’t sign the hot names in 2016 either a d Doug still outlasted all of them and outperformed them all so quick hires don’t mean best hires 

"entire offseason" is what 3-4 months? When you have to get SEVEN people on board? Like I said if it was just the HC I could agree with you

How do you know it wasn't offered? Are you in the interview room?

How do you know he was offered???? Are you in the interview room???? Goes both ways buddy 

entire offseason" is what 3-4 months? When you have to get SEVEN people on board? Like I said if it was just the HC I could agree with you

Again pretty simple logic HC gets hired he knows majority of the staff he is already going to hire he isn’t coming in and like oh well let me start my staff search... Also strong chance a new coach could make staff changes no guarantee the coaches on staff now stay he could replace them.

quick hires don’t mean best hires 

Isn't it the GM(Howies) job to know who all the other people are? And what skills they have and in a "what if" position" know who the best choices are?? Isn't that his JOB? I guess not,now we have to interview people we should already know about

Again pretty simple logic HC gets hired he knows majority of the staff he is already going to hire he isn’t coming in and like oh well let me start my staff search... Also strong chance a new coach could make staff changes no guarantee the coaches on staff now stay he could replace them.

So if we had kept Schwartz and re-signed him a new coach would force him out? I dont think Howie would do that

gain pretty simple logic HC gets hired he knows majority of the staff he is already going to hire

Excellent tell that to HOWIE ok? But that's simply not reality

SO,where did Groh go?  Why did he leave?

So if we had kept Schwartz and re-signed him a new coach would force him out? I dont think Howie would do that

Excellent tell that to HOWIE ok? But that's simply not reality

Did we keep Schwartz??? Pretty sure Schwartz didn’t resign in last becuase he knew change was coming. 

Coaches tend to want to hire there own staff. Look at Saleh hired and brought Lafluer with him basically instantly to be his OC 

Did we keep Schwartz??? Pretty sure Schwartz didn’t resign in last becuase he knew change was coming. 

Coaches tend to want to hire there own staff. Look at Saleh hired and brought Lafluer with him basically instantly to be his OC 

He retired,you are missing the point that HOWIE controls ALL. Groh was Ped's OC choice why was he fired????(Hint-it wasn't Ped)

SO,where did Groh go?  Why did he leave?

Lmao why did Doug leave becuase of lack of power and control played a massive part. So if we want to keep down the same road sure hire the staff then a puppet HC... And we will return to this cycle ina couple years 

IF IF IF we kept Schwartz(note the IF),would Howie fire him with a new HC? Im thinking NO

Archived