Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

37 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Should be a great game. I didn't see a concuss worthy hit on Mahomes,but hit the right way, it doesn't take much. he did look disoriented,but he can make the protocol JUST in time for the game(if he passes them all). IDK if he would still feel some effects, but Henne seemed coherent enough. Won a few bucks Browns betting with people who said "Oh this will be a blowout" lol. Good season for them,they will be a team to reckon with as long as they don't dismantle it all like we did after the SB win. I also want to point out FWIW,that the teams going on all have strong RB rooms, so when people say RB"s don't matter,they may kiss my hind quarters(and why I want a decent RB added). IDK who the new coach will be,it may not matter unless Howie gives up a bit of his ego. If he won't Lurie needs to PRY it away. Our entire team now rests on what happens with Wentz. I wish Howie hadn't locked us in like he did. I would like to see more contracts that are goal based(aka incentive- the more numbers you make the more you get) Of course you need to pay your stars,but the team needs some kind of recovery if you really suck rocks. I would trade Wentz for Deshaun(even up) they both want out and JSB came up with that and I am warming towards that idea. Houstons first pick is round 3,still I would not panic and give any picks away(maybe a 6th rounder if I get desperate). Hurts will improve and Wentz is a wuss,so if he wants the job handed to him,I am all for trading him to another team so they can mess with it. We'll have enough to do without that headache

Concussions are funny. They do not react the same for everyone. Some seem to never get them and others get one and then they get many more. Before you know it they are out of sports altogether. Lindros was one that could have used much more time off when he had his first. Because he rushed back, his career was over with a year. Shame too because he was a great player...

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

This has me cornfused. So what, Brady has respect for Brees but feels like he got beat by a "no namer" in Foles?  I'm really not sure. If anyone has a theory feel free to enlighten me. 

The SB is a pretty emotional moment. Some lose better than others. Doesn't mean they are bad people, but they have a fault (like we all do)

20 minutes ago, stine said:

Concussions are funny. They do not react the same for everyone. Some seem to never get them and others get one and then they get many more. Before you know it they are out of sports altogether. Lindros was one that could have used much more time off when he had his first. Because he rushed back, his career was over with a year. Shame too because he was a great player...

Yeah, I know people that can break their leg stepping off a curb and have multiple times. Imagine that is similar. So with that wondering if Wentz concus changed him both physically and mentally. We knew he was an Alpha type personality, but he didn't seem to be the jerk that he apparently is now

52 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

This has me cornfused. So what, Brady has respect for Brees but feels like he got beat by a "no namer" in Foles?  I'm really not sure. If anyone has a theory feel free to enlighten me. 

I mean Brady likely knows it was the final time he would see Brees on the grind iron knows Brees is hanging it up. Plus they have know each other for the better part of 2 decades and both kinda in classes of there own being what 42 and 43.

Definitely something up with Foles though because he did slight that man twice after the SB defeat then when Foles upset the Bucs this season. 

I’m told Josh McDaniels did very well in his interview with Eagles I’m told he interviewed in Palm Beach, FL with Eagles owner Jeff Lurie and many front office members yesterday from morning into the evening past 9pm

Not expecting a hire for HC until they likely interview everyone so could be waiting awhile with the Chiefs OC.

I do want to know why we can interview Bowles apparently but can’t talk to Chiefs OC???? 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m told Josh McDaniels did very well in his interview with Eagles I’m told he interviewed in Palm Beach, FL with Eagles owner Jeff Lurie and many front office members yesterday from morning into the evening past 9pm

I do have a strong gut feeling McDaniels is going to be the guy we hire.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do have a strong gut feeling McDaniels is going to be the guy we hire.  

He would definitely be an interesting one for sure. Believe he could get Wentz back on track and keep him in check. He is kinda know to coach his players hard and has been seen getting into with Brady over the years. So definitely isn’t going to shy away from Wentz. 

Also believe his hire means they are stripping some control from Howie... A guy like McDaniels isn’t going to become our coach with Howie is controlling his staff and stuff.

Also just to add it was also reported the Pats really liked Jalen Hurts some even stating they were aiming for him at 60 before we snagged him at 53.

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

He would definitely be an interesting one for sure. Believe he could get Wentz back on track and keep him in check. He is kinda know to coach his players hard and has been seen getting into with Brady over the years. So definitely isn’t going to shy away from Wentz. 

Wentz definitely needs tougher coaching like he had with Flip.  Either Josh gets him back on track and wanting to get traded ... either way, win win.  

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Also believe his hire means they are stripping some control from Howie... A guy like McDaniels isn’t going to become our coach with Howie is controlling his staff and stuff.

I think the opposite is true. McDaniels failed as a HC precisely because he couldn't handle extra duties that he demanded. So I am sure he isn't in a position to set the terms of his hiring. And Lurie isn't going to give anyone power, since if he was going to do that, why fire Doug?

Daboll has also reportedly turned us down, and I think the reason is pretty clear, namely that any coach we hire is going to have to work with Howie and will not get say over personnel or even who the starting qb is.

McDaniels might get the job since he is toxic to the rest of the NFL, so this might be his one shot to be a HC. But we should start resigning ourselves to the fact that our HC is not going to have the power to make any changes that aren't approved by the FO. 

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The SB is a pretty emotional moment. Some lose better than others. Doesn't mean they are bad people, but they have a fault (like we all do)

You are right about that. Especially the part where we ALL have our own faults. 

16 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean Brady likely knows it was the final time he would see Brees on the grind iron knows Brees is hanging it up. Plus they have know each other for the better part of 2 decades and both kinda in classes of there own being what 42 and 43.

Definitely something up with Foles though because he did slight that man twice after the SB defeat then when Foles upset the Bucs this season.

That's how I feel between Brady and Brees. Just not sure about him and Foles. Doesn't really matter. All that matters is how Foles feels about himself. 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

think the opposite is true. McDaniels failed as a HC precisely because he couldn't handle extra duties that he demanded. So I am sure he isn't in a position to set the terms of his hiring. And Lurie isn't going to give anyone power, since if he was going to do that, why fire Doug

Then we won’t get a real HC. I guarantee McDaniels won’t take the job if Howie has control over his staff. I don’t think McDaniels will get player personnel control but he will definitely have more control then what we wanted to give Doug 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Then we won’t get a real HC. I guarantee McDaniels won’t take the job if Howie has control over his staff. I don’t think McDaniels will get player personnel control but he will definitely have more control then what we wanted to give Doug 

It makes no sense to do that, especially since Doug might have a new job before we hire a new HC, which shows you what the NFL thinks of Doug, and by extension Howie.

7 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It makes no sense to do that, especially since Doug might have a new job before we hire a new HC, which shows you what the NFL thinks of Doug, and by extension Howie.

We don’t know all details of the Doug firing and lots of reports also state that part of the reason for firing could be the plan at QB him wanting to go hurts over Wentz.

So while I don’t believe we are going to hand off player personnel to a coach giving a coach control over his staff and stuff is something completely different. 

Also it literally shows nothing of Doug gets hired first over our HC hire we haven’t rushed a HC hire ever Eagles take there time for better or worse just how it is. 

21 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

You are right about that. Especially the part where we ALL have our own faults. 

That's how I feel between Brady and Brees. Just not sure about him and Foles. Doesn't really matter. All that matters is how Foles feels about himself. 

Yeah, need to look at it this way. We look at the SB as ONE game (which it is) but imagine working your butt ALL YEAR and coming up 1 game short. Like you working your tail off all year only to lose out on a promotion. You see players even cry when they lose a playoff game, so the SB is the height of that competitive intensity. I am not saying what Brady did was right, he should have shaken his hand, but it's tough for me to know what goes through players heads at the time of ultimate let down

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We don’t know all details of the Doug firing and lots of reports also state that part of the reason for firing could be the plan at QB him wanting to go hurts over Wentz.

So while I don’t believe we are going to hand off player personnel to a coach giving a coach control over his staff and stuff is something completely different. 

All we can do is go by what we see. Doug had a press conference last year saying his coaches would be retained, and then a day later they were fired. This year, he had an initial interview, and by all accounts would have kept his job if he had agreed to recommendations from the owner, but he refused and was fired.

I don't know how much more evidence you need that any coach we hire is not going to have more powers than what we gave Doug. There's just absolutely no evidence to support that.

25 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

LOL yeah I said before, just make Howie the HC cause he's gonna run this ship into that iceberg at any cost

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

All we can do is go by what we see. Doug had a press conference last year saying his coaches would be retained, and then a day later they were fired. This year, he had an initial interview, and by all accounts would have kept his job if he had agreed to recommendations from the owner, but he refused and was fired.

I don't know how much more evidence you need that any coach we hire is not going to have more powers than what we gave Doug. There's just absolutely no evidence to support that.

Yep when Lurie gave CHIP control and he blew if, now they won't want to do that again. But really, they need to understand every coach is not CHIP. The better coaches have the control. I keep saying Lurie needs to grow a set if he wants this team to succeed

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL yeah I said before, just make Howie the HC cause he's gonna run this ship into that iceberg at any cost

I think the biggest misconception in Philly sports is that Lurie is not behind most of the boneheaded decisions this team has made recently.

Jeffrey's contract, Peters being brought back, Hurts being drafted all have the fingerprints of the owner all over them.

I think Howie has a job because he will take a lot of bullets for the owner and because he will do what the owner wants, which is ultimately the way you keep your job. 

47 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not expecting a hire for HC until they likely interview everyone so could be waiting awhile with the Chiefs OC.

I do want to know why we can interview Bowles apparently but can’t talk to Chiefs OC???? 

Yeah I dont get this one either

6 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I think the biggest misconception in Philly sports is that Lurie is not behind most of the boneheaded decisions this team has made recently.

Jeffrey's contract, Peters being brought back, Hurts being drafted all have the fingerprints of the owner all over them.

I think Howie had a job because he will take a lot of bullets for the owner and because he will do what the owner wants, which is ultimately the way you keep your job. 

You could be correct,but I don't see it. Lurie is the owner, but think he is more a figured head and handed the keys to Howie. he will make the pressers now and then,but I feel Howies runs the ship behind the scenes. I'm sure Lurie told Howie 'we're keeping Wentz" because after all it's LURIES money and let's face it,it was easier to can Ped than it was/will be to lose Wentz(path of least resistance). Lurie is not a "football guy: in that he doesn't know the nuts and bolts part. Howie took a year off to learn,but he needs WAY more training if he is honest with himself. SO, IDK how this is all set up, but I know it's not working as it stands

Lurie owns the club, Howie is the front man

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Lurie is the owner

Lurie is apparently quite involved though in all decisions this even comes from Joe Banner his best friend who worked for us for 18 years. 

9 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lurie is apparently quite involved though in all decisions this even comes from Joe Banner his best friend who worked for us for 18 years. 

Then why doesn't Lurie do the drafting?

Archived