Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Garrett is an awful HC and didn't do a great job as OC in NY this year. I, and most Eagles fans, want no part of him in Philly. Id rather they brought back Chip Kelly than hire Garrett.

I don’t know if I’d go that far!!  :lol:

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's not a good OC, he's not a good HC. He had a very talented Cowboys roster and did nothing. And ok NY were better than us. So were 26 other teams. And to be honest I'd argue we were really a bottom 5 team in the league so let's not give Garrett credit for being better than us hey. 

How do you know he's not a good OC? They did ok without their top weapon. If he was that bad of a HC how in the world did he last what 7-8 years? if you're that bad you're gone in 2 lol. OK so go ahead and ignore a coach with a winning record and lets hire some young OC with no track record-perfect

I'm saying lets interview him. We need every stone turned over. SO he's NOT the one,but why write him off before you know that? That's just DUMB. DOesn't hurt a THING to take a look does it?

I’m seeing the Gmen scored only one more TD than the Jets for the race to be worst offense

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What direction? I look at EVERYONE We need a HC,that's the only direction there is. He brought Dak up who was a LATE ROUND QB but that's no good enough for us I guess and BTW they had a better record (again) that we did lol. So tell me what your "direction is"? 

No report of interest, but I’d give thought to Nathaniel Hackett (OC for the Packers).  Joe Brady is also intriguing.  As would be Riley if they could convince him to leave OK (doubtful).

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

No report of interest, but I’d give thought to Nathaniel Hackett (OC for the Packers).  Joe Brady is also intriguing.  

Everyone is intriguing since we have nobody. I check out EVERY possible option

22 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m seeing the Gmen scored only one more TD than the Jets for the race to be worst offense

No Barkley(your main weapon on offense) a young and still  "shaky" QB (we can relate to that). Coaching players that were given to you without being able to get the players you ask for, so year ONE that really is not a surprise to me. They had a better record and we had all our coaches in place for YEARS. Like I said just forget it. I will recount this discussion next season when their O destroys us lol

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Everyone is intriguing since we have nobody. I check out EVERY possible option

Outside the box ideas ... if Brees retires, trade for Payton.  

I know Allen didn’t fare well his first go round as HC but he would be an interesting candidate (IF Lurie would consider going with a defensive coach for HC ... even though there are plenty we are interviewing I have my doubts).

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No Barkley(your main weapon on offense) a young and still  "shaky" QB (we can relate to that). Coaching players that were given to you without being able to get the players you ask for, so year ONE that really is not a surprise to me. They had a better record and we had all our coaches on place for YEARS. Like I said just forget it. I will recount this discussion next season when their O destroys us lol

We had more injuries than them and fielded a much better offense....that we all complained about all season

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We had more injuries than them and fielded a much better offense....that we all complained about all season

You're only as good as your record. Besides I am looking at 10 year body of work(see top teams over  the last decade post), not one season with an asterisk

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think Daboll is who they are waiting for truely

Possibly, but don't you think other teams will be there too? Really,what do we have to offer if Howie overrides it all anyway? I would be hard pressed to take a job with this org as it stands. They push the "Wentz is fixable" Really, then why didn't we fix him? We had 12 weeks to do it, and apparently he doesn't want help.He is a GOD(ask his mommy)

I thought it was comical that his mom called in HAHAHA. OH she knows how to coddle her baby, we didn't and she set us straight HAHAHAHA ridiculous. Maybe we need to interview her for the OC position

NO/TB fairly shocked at the lack of offense so far

OH that crap TB defense just got a pick 6 lol

This is an interesting article.

Mike Kaye on Twitter: "With Deshaun Watson likely heading out of Houston, here are three reasons why the #Texans and #Eagles should pursue a blockbuster QB swap: https://t.co/6VX6nU2SVU" / Twitter

It makes sense for Houston to trade Watson to us. For one, we are in a different conference, so he won't be competing against them. For another, we already wrecked one qb, so if he wants out so bad, send him to the qb (wrecking) factory. The money makes sense for both teams, and if the price is Wentz and #6, I can see us paying it.

14 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This is an interesting article.

Mike Kaye on Twitter: "With Deshaun Watson likely heading out of Houston, here are three reasons why the #Texans and #Eagles should pursue a blockbuster QB swap: https://t.co/6VX6nU2SVU" / Twitter

It makes sense for Houston to trade Watson to us. For one, we are in a different conference, so he won't be competing against them. For another, we already wrecked one qb, so if he wants out so bad, send him to the qb (wrecking) factory. The money makes sense for both teams, and if the price is Wentz and #6, I can see us paying it.

"In Houston, Watson has grown tired of the antics of Texans owner Cal McNair and executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby.  So he would rather come here and be part of OUR disaster? I would not give up the 6th pick. If they want an even trade NP, but I doubt Watson would want to jump from the kettle into the fire. Could do them both good though so I suppose this is possible 

Nice job AR! Gutsy call to end the game with Chad Henne under center. Loved it!

Not sure how Mahomes suffered a concussion on that hit. His head was never even contacted. Maybe the pull on the neck? I suffered 7 concussions but never one without my head hitting the ground directly or a horse’s hoof or knee on the way to the ground going 35-40 MPH. I really thought his legs just spasmed a little. Didnt think he could have a concussion from that hit. Man how things have changed in the league. Back in the day, he would have received some smelling salts and been back in the next series.

Bills vs Chiefs should be a great game. I cant stand the fudge packers or the two teams playing now, so I’m all in on AR (Chiefs) for who is left.

Defenders' helmet glanced off Mahomes' shoulder pad and into his helmet. Then his head bounced off the ground.

NO/TB is becoming a classic-GREAT game going

18 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Def wanted Brady to lose

Why? I thought it was comical that Brady turned up the heat(and also the D) after getting tagged by JAMEIS WINSTON. I did not miss that irony

Archived