Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

20 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Watching Wilson all these years makes me disagree sure they can do it but QBs want protection.... If hurts is the guy what’s better him having 2 sec. and scrambling to extend plays or him protected for 5 secs plus still being able to extend. Goal should always be to give the qB as much protection and time possible.

This also in turn helps the WRs and TEs it’s hard to guard guys for a long period of time 

Just my two cent on the idea 

Plus let's be honest... most likely the OT we would draft starts off on the bench... which is another typical move for the smartest guys in the room.  

I see exactly what you are saying BG... predicting the Eagles move, it seems others are focusing on their own opinion of what they would do if they themselves were making the picks.   I like your topic better, I've tried doing this over the years but doesn't seem to work.. years there were people talking LB or RB early... because they wanted the player.   Looking at what the Eagles tend to do is better IMO if you are trying to predict the move.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We'll see on draft day

Of course lmao all we can do is talk until the draft and see what happens sure lots of fans will be pissed which ever way to go 

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Pitts will move up any fantasy QB with the team he goes to

What does he do for the QB in Carolina?  Compared to ATL???? 

He went over some concepts designed to exploit matchups, which is the name of the game in every offense.(this was a vid about Siri)          Fits Pitts to a T

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

NOT NEARLY AS MUCH!  But he would still improve his stats......

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yes we are going round and round... I get your stance with Mailata but to me he wasn’t good enough to say we don’t need a T or competition hence why I’m looking a lot at Dillard and our plans with him.

At least TE we have a guy I got full confidence in Geodart as a starter. 

Yes,  when expectations were low and were exceeded it's easy to see fans get too excited about a player.... what I was trying to say to you about Fulgham last year.   

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

First, I dont think they get Pitts anyway. I believe they will move to 4 for a QB(Carolina will). That being said, Pitts is a matchup nightmare. He would make ME look good. I can throw 5 yard passes. If your QB is nto a Pro bowler(moustache) he is a supreme weapon for those "iffy" QB's. nice outlet and weapon for Hurts as he learns more about the game

1 minute ago, stine said:

NOT NEARLY AS MUCH!  But he would still improve his stats......

Stats improve, does he move up the draft board though?  Ryan would absolutely move up.  

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Didn't ATL just sign a TE a year or two ago? But Pitts there would be fun with Julio. Matt Ryan would move up the fantasy draft board.

Not sure. I read somewhere that was one of their needs. I just went on another site and TE is not mentioned so you may be correct. IF so, then who drafts him before us. Cincinnati is desperate for O-Line to protect their QB. Miami may take Sewell. If that happens Cincinnati would be a trade back option. I guess who partners with them...?

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Stats improve, does he move up the draft board though?  Ryan would absolutely move up.  

I don't think moustache is on anyone's fantasy  board as QB 1. But maybe now he would be a viable fantasy BU 

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Not sure. I read somewhere that was one of their needs. I just went on another site and TE is not mentioned so you may be correct. IF so, then who drafts him before us. Cincinnati is desperate for O-Line to protect their QB. Miami may take Sewell. If that happens Cincinnati would be a trade back option. I guess who partners with them...?

Cincy won't let Chase go if he is there at 5 IMO. Burrow will be pushing BIG for this pick. They can get a good enough O ,line player on day 2

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

First, I dont think they get Pitts anyway. I believe they will move to 4 for a QB(Carolina will). That being said, Pitts is a matchup nightmare. He would make ME look good. I can throw 5 yard passes. If you QB is no a Pro bowler he is a supreme weapon for those "iffy" QB's. nice outlet and weapon for Hurts as he learns more about the game

GB.... I'll say it again.  You don't have to sell me on Pitts.   I've seen the kid play in HS.  I already know he is a stud. It's kind of a huge deal around here.

If Pitts went to Dullaz or the Gnats we would not be able to cover him. Right now after trolling the Dullaz board, they seem to want Surtain. Wondering now if the Gnats try to move up to 5 for him(Pitts) lol

6 minutes ago, stine said:

I don't think he goes before us.  Unfortunately you won't like the 2 spots where I think he will go.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

GB.... I'll say it again.  You don't have to sell me on Pitts.   I've seen the kid play in HS.  I already know he is a stud. It's kind of a huge deal around here.

yeah, I really love this kid

I have it like this: Jax-Lawrence, Jet's Wilson, Fins- Sewell, Carolina trades up for Fields, Chase to cincy. Just my guess. ATL moves back and gets either Waddle or Smith. We get Pitts- 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah, I really love this kid

Google him playing vs D'Andre Swift in high school.  It's hilarious how he stands out with his height, especially as the stand up Edge rusher.   He made a couple sweet grabs in that game. 

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Google him playing vs D'Andre Swift in high school.  It's hilarious how he stands out with his height, especially as the stand up Edge rusher.   He made a couple sweet grabs in that game. 

Kid always plays hard too. Like I said he is also a WR. It's like a double dip in round 1. Saw him in FL before I moved. He really made Trask look good. He also had Toney and Grimes to make him look good, but if you give a QB weapons and they are any good at all, they will find them .If I can get Travis Kelce and Calvin Johnson with 1 pick,you bet I pull that trigger lol

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have it like this: Jax-Lawrence, Jet's Wilson, Fins- Sewell, Carolina trades up for Fields, Chase to cincy. Just my guess. ATL moves back and gets either Waddle or Smith. We get Pitts- 

I've seen quite a few mocks having Chase to Miami.  But in that case I think you just swap Chase and Sewell goes to Cincy.  I'd be more than happy with Pitts at 6.  But knowing Howie, does he take Pitts there or does he go OL or DL?  

also, I DO NOT THINK Miami takes Sewell at 3. They either go WR or Parsons. They most likely will address Tackle with their 18th pick. At least that is my guess. It they do draft Sewell, then Cincinnati may well go Pitts at 5, or Chase.... Will be interesting

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think your top 5 is good... I think good possibility that it's another team other than the Jets taking the QB 2.  That might eliminate the 3rd QB going before us though.  But I still think good chance multiple teams will trade ahead of us which means 3 QBs go.  

I just don't think we draft Pitts.  Because again, you are looking at it like what you would do... I'm looking at it what I think the Eagles do.   To me, I see them trying to trade back, but if they pick at 6... hard for me to see them go with an offensive skill guy.  I lean with BG... QB or linemen. 

But I think right now Howie and co absolutely want to trade back and get a linemen. I just think it's DL

BTW if I had to trade up 1` with Cincy for Pitts,I would do it

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Kid always plays hard too. Like I said he is also a WR. It's like a double dip in round 1. Saw him in FL before I moved. He really made Trask look good. He also had Toney and Grimes to make him look good, but if you give a QB weapons and they are any good at all, they will find them .If I can get Travis Kelce and Calvin Johnson with 1 pick,you bet I pull that trigger lol

Yeah.. I wouldn't go that far though...lol.   But your reaction is why a big part of me doesn't want him to come here. Our fan base is ridiculous when it comes to expectations of top picks.   Really in every sport.

Archived