EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Colts have secured their own next years first round pick.  That ship has sailed, make no mistake!  Now they don't have to worry about managing the preservation of the pick later in the season as it has been handled up front.

Eagles receive the Colts second round pick next year.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

On vacation this week and just woke up.  My bad.

I’m glad Wentz took the time out to ruin a good vacation day. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You don't take the time to dig it up.  When you quote someone, that person sees it.  I just didn't have time to point and laugh and reply because I was handling some personal matters.  

Sorry me calling you delusional was sooo offensive.  Wanna hug it out?  

I don’t even remember you calling me delusional. Did that happen?

Just now, John_C said:

Colts have secured their own next years first round pick.  That ship has sailed, make no mistake!  Now they don't have to worry about managing the preservation of the pick later in the season as it has been handled up front.

Eagles receive the Colts second round pick next year.

They still have to potentially if he’s out say 6-8 weeks. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

NFL network scroll says Wentz having surgery today.  5-12 week recovery time table.

Feels like when he returns likely falls on how he’s recovering but partly how the Colts are doing. Their first 5 weeks are brutal: vs. seattle, vs. Rams, at titans, at dolphins and vs. Baltimore. Season really could get away from the Colts early. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Even if he’s ready week 4, the Colts should have every intention of protecting that first round pick by keeping Wentz out an extra week or two. 

I think they are more likely to push him back early vs hold him out longer for a pick. They are a playoff team with lots of talent wanting to push for a deep playoff run/SB, and a tough first 4 opponents in Seahawks, Rams, Titans and Dolphins. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yes.  Which is why you cried that I was on the fast track to "name calling and making jokes"  But when someone asks for evidence that shows a 160 lb WR is more vulnerable to injury, then the joke just writes itself.  

Still waiting

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

so 5 to 12 weeks. He's an overachiever so lets say he comes back in 8 weeks which would be going into week 7 against the 9ers

I think the 5-12 weeks is from now

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Even if he’s ready week 4, the Colts should have every intention of protecting that first round pick by keeping Wentz out an extra week or two. 

Looking at their schedule they easily could be 0-3 after the first three weeks with games against seattle, Rams and titans. If he were eligible to come back week 4 at miami they might just give him the long view of he had no preseason and that’s a pretty tough game to come back in and return him week 6 against Houston. week 5 is Baltimore. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

so 5 to 12 weeks. He's an overachiever so lets say he comes back in 8 weeks which would be going into week 7 against the 9ers

It's actual weeks, not football regular season weeks. If he missed 8 actual weeks he's coming back for game 2/3

4 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I highly doubt McPhearson would beat out Nelson. But I would happily welcome it at the same time. 

Why do you think that?  Nelson is a pretty cheap one year rental.  He was not great last year, except against Carson.   While he has been a starter and does tackle well, he is not much of a ballhawk. Similar size and athleticism as McPhearson. In college, McPhearson was a good tackler and okay with his ball skills.  Both are pretty similar but Nelson has starting experience in the NFL.  Of course, Nelson has always been a CB2.  McPhearson has one interception and was close on another so far in camp.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think they are more likely to push him back early vs hold him out longer for a pick. They are a playoff team with lots of talent wanting to push for a deep playoff run/SB, and a tough first 4 opponents in Seahawks, Rams, Titans and Dolphins. 

I feel like if he is out through week 4 he’s definitely unlikely to play week 5 vs. Baltimore. Would see the Houston game week 6 makes the most sense at that point. I tend to think he misses the first two weeks and is back for week 3 cause i don’t think the Colts want to start 0-3 and the titans even with their offense being potentially great still have an awful defense. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok.  So now we have to hope for Indy to implode and that 2nd round pick becomes a high 2nd rounder.  And we have to hope for Miami to implode.  That's still some serious draft equity.  We can get more wide receivers!!!!!!

Or we can hope he comes back in 5 weeks for the opening on sept 12th and lights up the league to give us a 1st rounder

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Looking at their schedule they easily could be 0-3 after the first three weeks with games against seattle, Rams and titans. If he were eligible to come back week 4 at miami they might just give him the long view of he had no preseason and that’s a pretty tough game to come back in and return him week 6 against Houston. week 5 is Baltimore. 

Keep in mind its Carson. Its reported he wanted to rest and rehab and went all weekend going back and forth with the Colts who wanted the surgery. He's going to push himself to come back as early as he can.

If the Colts start slow, the threshold might get pushed to 75 percent of the snaps since they might miss the playoffs.

Just a cluster F. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Keep in mind its Carson. Its reported he wanted to rest and rehab and went all weekend going back and forth with the Colts who wanted the surgery. He's going to push himself to come back as early as he can.

Don’t worry, he’ll get covid at some point and miss more time. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If the Colts start slow, the threshold might get pushed to 75 percent of the snaps since they might miss the playoffs.

Just a cluster F. 

Don’t worry, he’ll get covid at some point and miss more time. 

That damn 1st rounder was the only thing I was optimistic about for this upcoming year and Wentz keeps ruining it

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait. A 160 lb NFL  wide receiver got hurt?  Geee.  Didn’t see that coming.  

On a bad throw by Hurts…

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’ll be playing Week 1.  How soon people forget he suffered a cracked rib in a preseason game in 2016 and didn’t take time before coming back 

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Why do you think that?  Nelson is a pretty cheap one year rental.  He was not great last year, except against Carson.   While he has been a starter and does tackle well, he is not much of a ballhawk. Similar size and athleticism as McPhearson. In college, McPhearson was a good tackler and okay with his ball skills.  Both are pretty similar but Nelson has starting experience in the NFL.  Of course, Nelson has always been a CB2.  McPhearson has one interception and was close on another so far in camp.  

I just thought of Zech as more of a project than immediate starter when we drafted him but again I would like to see him win that battle.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

He’ll be playing Week 1.  How soon people forget he suffered a cracked rib in a preseason game in 2016 and didn’t take time before coming back 

Threw a TD on a destroyed knee too. I don’t think toughness is a question with him.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Apples and oranges. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I feel like if he is out through week 4 he’s definitely unlikely to play week 5 vs. Baltimore. Would see the Houston game week 6 makes the most sense at that point. I tend to think he misses the first two weeks and is back for week 3 cause i don’t think the Colts want to start 0-3 and the titans even with their offense being potentially great still have an awful defense. 

Yea it's hard to speculate because there are so many scenarios that can happen. I think it comes down to in order

1. His health, obviously

2. Colts record and how well Eason is playing

3. Titans record and if they are running away with the division

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

True however i think it’s a stretch to think he plays week one. I still kind of think the target date is week 3. It makes the most sense if it’s not week 1. Not likely to bring him back against the Rams with that pass rush and no preseason. Titans defense was bad last year so much more manageable for the first start of the year. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That damn 1st rounder was the only thing I was optimistic about for this upcoming year and Wentz keeps ruining it

Seriously. I was looking more forward to next year’s draft/QB acquisition than this season. 

Archived