EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

27 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

only if viewed in a vacuum. this season will be used to clear cap hell and identify young players to build around. I am on record as thinking Hurts is not good enough. but we will find out alot about our new coaches as well.

It only clears some of that.  Howie is already dipped in to about $25M for next season in dead money.  And he has not yet begun to kick the can some more.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Nick Mullens starting games. 

LOL!  I can't imagine the backpedaling around here if that happens.  

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Heard multiply reports, from multiply outlets that Mullens is the best QB in Camp and it's not even close. 

Nick Mullens starting games. 

Howie is an out of the Box thinker.

He's the only GM that gave a back up QB(Flacco) more money than than he made the year before after a career worse year 

Usually when guys have bad years they make less on the free market than the year before.

Howie though doesn't play by conventional rules as he'll over pay for flacco not just this year but next year after he cuts him as well🦧

21 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I predicted it (got ripped for it)( and it's a lock at this point. 

A lock?  You guys are hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Penn7980 said:

Flacco may be the #3 QB at this moment.  Yes, it is early.  By the reports thus far, he has not shined.  He has a rich guaranteed contract which may be hard to cut him.  Nice handi-work that Howie has done.

Flacco was much better than both Hurts and Wentz last season. I don’t see a problem having Flacco as a backup.

Eagles need to sign/trade for a WR (needed to anyways even when Smith was healthy)

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

If this were last year's luck, he would be out for the year.  All things considered, it could've been worse. At least now he should be ready for the opener and we don't have to risk him in meaningless preseason games. It does suck from the standpoint he is missing reps that he needs. But, I think his talent is unique and I don't think he needs those snaps quite like other young WRs need them.

I personally am shocked that a "minor” injury has already turned into week to week.  I’ll be shocked if he’s ready for week 1.

Holy crap, can we get one highly drafted rookie to just stay healthy and steadily progress throughout the season? Didn't that used to be somewhat normal?!

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait. A 160 lb NFL  wide receiver got hurt?  Geee.  Didn’t see that coming.  

I don’t think there’s any correlation between low weight and injuries. If a knee gets sprained, it gets sprained - whether you’re 160 or 250. Ligaments, tendons, etc have nothing to do with weight.

17 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles need to sign/trade for a WR (needed to anyways even when Smith was healthy)

With our crack medical staff, I’m sure he’ll be back soon.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Again, what did we expect with a 157lb wide receiver. 

this cant be a real post. 

Please provide examples of players that were oft-injured due to being too light.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Again, what did we expect with a 157lb wide receiver. 

You think a lighter player is more likely to sprain his knee from 7 on 7s than a larger player? Please cite some evidence, genius.

Just now, Saltpeter said:

You think a lighter player is more likely to sprain his knee from 7 on 7s than a larger player? Please cite some evidence, genius.

They have no evidence they just think he’s too skinny and he will break in half

Typically speaking, a larger person would have larger bones/more bone density and their muscles, ligament, etc are larger/stronger than a thinner person's would be.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Man, if we only knew of an under sized, under weight WR in philly who was injured all the time... HMM. 

One player is not a trend

14 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Holy crap, can we get one highly drafted rookie to just stay healthy and steadily progress throughout the season? Didn't that used to be somewhat normal?!

This is the new normal. We're all in this together. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

This is the new normal. We're all in this together. 

The key is attacking it!  Can we attack this together?  Once I am done typing this, I will attack my fridge.  After that, I will attack my toilet.  Then I will come back and attack this message board some more.  When I am done work this evening, I will attack my whiskey again and again and again!

Archived