EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Typically speaking, a larger person would have larger bones/more bone density and their muscles, ligament, etc are larger/stronger than a thinner person's would be.

That’s proportionate to their size as they would need to support more weight

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Now we have to cite evidence that a smaller player will get hurt in the NFL?  JFC guys.  Get real.  We all can be Eagle fans and still not be so damn defensive when it comes to players or coaches we hope will work out.  The evidence is the fact that there isn’t a lot of 160 lb NFL players.  We all hope he is a great player.  But don’t be stunned when he gets hurt.  You want a graph or excel report detailing that smaller players are more likely to get hurt in pro football?   :wacko:

Yes please make a graph

Last years first round pick, who had a shortened off-season and covid limitations, now had his best friend murdered.  His head is all f'ed up.  No worries, he doesn't need the snaps or anything.  This years first round pick, is off to a Desean Jackson-like start.  Soon, we will hear rumors of bring in Jordan Matthews for the 61st time.  Best shape of his life type stuff.  I love football this time of year!

Jalen Hurts can throw deep/sideline. It's the middle of the field where he struggles. Training camp so far is reinforcing this.

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Typically speaking, a larger person would have larger bones/more bone density and their muscles, ligament, etc are larger/stronger than a thinner person's would be.

Larger people don't have larger bones. Tall people will have longer bones, but some jacked 6 1' dude doesn't have larger bones than me, a non jacked 6 1' dude who's pretty lean. 

15 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Please provide examples of players that were oft-injured due to being too light.

Exhibit 1: DeVonta Smith

Just now, Solomon said:

Larger people don't have larger bones. Tall people will have longer bones, but some jacked 6 1' dude doesn't have larger bones than me, a non jacked 6 1' dude who's pretty lean. 

Big boned isn't a thing?

1 minute ago, Solomon said:

If you measure someone's wrist, which last I checked, is a bone, and someone has 6 inch wrist and another person 8 inch, is that not a longer bone?  I know dudes who are short with larger bones and are stockier than someone who is a foot taller and skinny and lean.  

Manute Bol was like 8 feet tall.  Did you see how muscular he was?  It was because he was tall and he had thick bones 😂

4 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Exhibit 1: DeVonta Smith

Yeah because he has missed how many games in his career?

I just got the notification it was a knee sprain for Smith and he'll miss a couple weeks

7 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Big boned isn't a thing?

I mean big bones do indeed exist, but it's not like the larger someone is the larger their bones. By and large peoples skeletal structures are relatively the same.

47 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Eagles need to sign/trade for a WR (needed to anyways even when Smith was healthy)

Lol guess the nfl app is pretty slow

32 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Holy crap, can we get one highly drafted rookie to just stay healthy and steadily progress throughout the season? Didn't that used to be somewhat normal?!

Was Agholor the last one that stayed healthy his rookie year?

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

If you measure someone's wrist, which last I checked, is a bone, and someone has 6 inch wrist and another person 8 inch, is that not a longer bone?  I know dudes who are short with larger bones and are stockier than someone who is a foot taller and skinny and lean.  

My point wasn't that big bones don't exist, but just because someone is bigger than someone else doesn't mean their bones are any bigger. In the case of Smith, if there's a WR who's 10 lbs heavier than him it doesn't mean he has larger bones or is any less likely to injure his knee like Smith did. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It's crazy that people on here think a 5'7' 157LB wide receiver and a 6'4'' 230lb WR(DK) have the same chance of getting injured in a contact sport. 

DK came into the league with a bad neck WTF are you talking about

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It's crazy that people on here think a 5'7' 157LB wide receiver and a 6'4'' 230lb WR(DK) have the same chance of getting injured in a contact sport. 

I trunk his point was that it was in practice with no hitting. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Was Smith injured on contact or just running? 

3 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Was Smith injured on contact or just running? 

Are they even hitting yet?

Bad day for injuries

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are they even hitting yet?

Thumping

Archived