EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is the subject of 22 civil suits filed in March and April which accuse him of coercive and lewd sexual behavior, with two that allege sexual assault. He has not been charged criminally and his lawyer has denied the accusations.

He sounds like a fine gentleman, but he deserves his day in court.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Also, is Watson even mentally strong enough to handle that? He couldn’t even handle the team hiring a GM without his input.

Which was ludicrous on the face of it.  EVERYONE knew Caserio was getting that job; they hired him the year before, the Patriots blocked it, the NFL ruled they had to wait one year.  Watson signed a mega extension, became a malcontent overnight, and tried to garner public sympathy at the expense of the organization.

Yes, please let's give up picks and boat loads of money for that.  

6 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

It’s more about playing with him then players being offended. The media distraction if he gets traded here is gonna be crazy. Especially in the Philly media. Those allegations are all we are gonna here about for a long time. All the players are gonna be asked about it. Fans are gonna bring it up every time he messes up. It’s not worth it for anyones sanity and you can’t tell me players wouldn’t be annoyed. It would be different if Watson was already on the team. But he isn’t and the team trading for him and causing the team to go through it with him is a mistake.

Also, is Watson even mentally strong enough to handle that? He couldn’t even handle the team hiring a GM without his input.

If you leave aside the accusations of assaulting women which may not be true, his behavior is unstable.  He is repeatedly paying for sex which  I agree that how he has behaved professionally is unstable as well.  The media attention is justified because it's possible that he has sexually assaulted multiple women and the allegations are pretty disturbing if they are true. 

42 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

No they didnt. Numerous people past and present came out and said they didnt like having most of those guys in the locker room. 

The bullsh111t line of "putting aside personal differences for the better of the team" is code for, I bleeping hate that dude, I stay away from him and do my job

I didn’t say they were best friends. You're literally describing putting up with someone. 

Foshbomb alert!

Per source, Portland Trailblazers GM, Neil Olshey and Philadelphia 76ers President, Daryl Morey spoke late last night. Another call scheduled for 9am this morning. Draft is one week away. Things are heating up

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Foshbomb alert!

Per source, Portland Trailblazers GM, Neil Olshey and Philadelphia 76ers President, Daryl Morey spoke late last night. Another call scheduled for 9am this morning. Draft is one week away. Things are heating up

Well I hope it is about Dame and not McCollum.

5 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Well I hope it is about Dame and not McCollum.

Acquire both, for Simmons and Milton -- throw in Thybulle so Simmons won't be lonely.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Acquire both, for Simmons and Milton -- throw in Thybulle so Simmons won't be lonely.

That isn't a fair trade.  They would have to throw in a first also.  So a 1st, Dame, CJ for Simmons, Milton and Thybulle if you must 🙄

48 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Wasnt me. I never thought much of Deshaun Watson. I put him on the level of LAmar Jackson. Great regular season stats, fun to watch, will never win the big one

Yep, and if they had this law(essentially breaking up a marriage) in other stats there would be a lot more complaints against Fletcher Cox. 

He is NOTRIOUS in the drag racing world to go after other mens wives. 

I didn't know Cox raced in drag. 

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

his whole i like to rape girls thing

He is a possibly a dbag and a perv, but he is not accused of raping anyone.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Per the Court lawsuits...

"Watson sexually harassed and assaulted a number of massage therapists. The specific accusations are wide-ranging but include descriptions of him exposing himself without consent, forcing women into sexual acts and making veiled threats."

I dont know what you call the part in bold, but that's rape. 

Where are the criminal charges ??  Rape is a serious crime, why has he not been arrested and charged ??

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I like that Maxey isn't involved in that proposal.  

I was busting his balls.  If we were trading for Dame and CJ, we would have to give up 1/2 our team and million 1st round picks.

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Per the Court lawsuits...

"Watson sexually harassed and assaulted a number of massage therapists. The specific accusations are wide-ranging but include descriptions of him exposing himself without consent, forcing women into sexual acts and making veiled threats."

I dont know what you call the part in bold, but that's rape. 

"sexual assault by forcing oral sex."  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Where are the criminal charges ??  Rape is a serious crime, why has he not been arrested and charged ??

Prosecutors are often unwilling to prosecute rape and sexual assault allegations without significant physical evidence.  Even when a criminal complaint is made, often there are no charges or a prosecution.  

57 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

You said the locker room would feel different then gave a bunch of terrible examples

Science shows you different and comments about your examples also show you different. 

Plus just common sense tells you that not everyone in a 50 man locker room isnt going to like you. Now add into the fact that Watson would take Hurts' spot it would upset people, his whole i like to rape girls thing would piss people so yes, I think the locker room would be divided just like this message board. 

What? I said no one in the locker room would care that he's a teammate to the point that it hurts the team. They would put up with him, whether they liked him as a person or not. And if they start winning it's even less of an issue. 

Please elaborate on the science though, would love to hear that.

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Prosecutors are often unwilling to prosecute rape and sexual assault allegations without significant physical evidence.  Even when a criminal complaint is made, often there are no charges or a prosecution.  

I am going to preface this in big bold letters so no one freaks out. 

I AM IN NO WAY EXCUSING ANY OF DESHAUN WATSONS CONDUCT.

Yes, they may not prosecute, but the person is usually charged.  The fact that this went straight to civil suit if there was serious crimes committed seems a little fishy.  Also with reports that some of the accusers tried to book second appointments, and then tried to scrub their social media of that info,  makes me lean towards this is all a money grab.  Not saying he did not do stuff that is morally bankrupt, but it sure would be easier to win a civil suit if he was charged with major sex crimes.

4 hours ago, greend said:

Just how is Howie "doing him dirty"?  Will he get paid if he shows up and plays? Yup I wish someone would do me dirty by paying me millions of dollars to play games for a living.

So no news then.

He's requested a trade or his release, Howie can't afford to keep him and he can't trade him because he has zero trade value.

The only reason to keep Ertz on the roster is for Howie to say Eff you I'm the boss not you, the only reason Ertz would show up is to avoid fines.

If Ertz gets hurt then what???

If one is keeping him for the sole purpose of trying to get a comp pick next year that's not a good enough reason to keep him nor is it something that Ertz wants.

Ertz wants out Howie has bungled the whole ordeal from the start and for Howie to do try to play some kind of stupid game with it is pointless and only harm's the player and the team.

Zero good can come from keeping Ertz around, sure he still gets paid either way yet lots of people get paid by their bosses doesn't mean their bosses aren't A holes 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

He's requested a trade or his release, Howie can't afford to keep him and he can't trade him because he has zero trade value.

The only reason to keep Ertz on the roster is for Howie to say Eff you I'm the boss not you, the only reason Ertz would show up is to avoid fines.

If Ertz gets hurt then what???

If one is keeping him for the sole purpose of trying to get a comp pick next year that's not a good enough reason to keep him nor is it something that Ertz wants.

Ertz wants out Howie has bungled the whole ordeal from the start and for Howie to do rinye to play some kind of stupid game with it is pointless and only harm's the player and the team.

Zero good can come from keeping Ertz around, sure he still gets paid either way yet lots of people get paid by their bosses doesn't mean their bosses aren't A holes 

Eagles do not have the cap room to carry him into week 1.  Once Dickerson signs his deal, and players 52 and 53 count against the cap, the Eagles will be over the cap.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What? I said no one in the locker room would care that he's a teammate to the point that it hurts the team. They would put up with him, whether they liked him as a person or not. 

I see what you did there

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Prosecutors only press charges with what they think they can prove or win.

In most sexual crimes there isn't much evidence and it comes down to he said she said.

Which can be construed as heresay.

It's why so many sexual assault, /misconduct trials are settled in civil court where the burden of proof isn't as stringent as in federal court 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Eagles do not have the cap room to carry him into week 1.  Once Dickerson signs his deal, and players 52 and 53 count against the cap, the Eagles will be over the cap.

Yup which is why it's mind boggingly stupid that Howie hasn't released him.

He's going to have to either way why wait other than to give the middle finger to Ertz on the way out 

Why have him come to camo if one is just going to have to cut him? What of he gets hurt in camp!

Why not just release him now let him latch on with another team before camp starts and wash ones hands of it and learn from ones mistakes.

There are zero football team building reasons to keep Ertz on the roster.

20 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I was busting his balls.  If we were trading for Dame and CJ, we would have to give up 1/2 our team and million 1st round picks.

I don't follow the NBA much, and when I do it's the last couple of minutes of a game (the only part that matters), so I put a trade package out there barely knowing the players' names.

The Kraken did their expansion draft yesterday, and I only recognized 6 of the 30 players they selected.  As I get older my interest for the NHL and NBA has nearly disappeared (used to be a big hockey fan), MLB will be likewise in a couple of years.   

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Prosecutors only press charges with what they think they can prove 

In most sexual crimes there isn't much evidence and it comes down to he said she said.

Which can be construed as heresay.

It's why so many sexual assault, /misconduct trials are settled in civil court where the burden of proof isn't as stringent as in federal court 

This seems like a reasonable response if it was 1 victim.  There is currently 22 victims.  A prosecutor should have a field day with that.

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

Why do you think that is ??

Becuase a 33 Stafford was traded for 2 firsts, a 3rd and a 2x pro bowl 26 year old former #1 overall pick QB who already has a lot of playoff experience under his belt. 

Why wouldn't the Texans be able to trade Watson for alot? 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Becuase a 33 Stafford was traded for 2 firsts, a 3rd and a 2x pro bowl 26 year old former #1 overall pick QB who already has a lot of playoff experience under his belt. 

So is Deshaun Watson going to command a package like that ??  If so, why ??

Archived