EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, fans and players are the same.

Yeah, in this discussion they are. Everyone wants to win but at what cost, right? He isn’t worth the cost. Too many red flags.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m fairly confident in saying no NFL player would care if Watson is a teammate to the detriment of the team. Players put up with Roethlisberger, Riley Cooper, Greg Hardy, Mixon, Favre, Vick, Culpepper and every Viking on their sex cruise, and several others. If no criminal charges come out of this, he’ll be accepted into the locker room. 

I'd rather have Rodgers for 4 years than the long-term upside of Watson. Watson has never scared me despite the stats. Shoot me.

23 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I'd rather have Rodgers for 4 years than the long-term upside of Watson. Watson has never scared me despite the stats. Shoot me.

I’d rather have Rodgers because Watson is a ma fuuggin perv looking to get his Willy stroked. Yeah most of those €unts are probably just looking for a couple bucks but he did some $hitt to get himself in this mess. 

49 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I remember that.  Who was it?  

Don’t matter Nick Foles beat him straight up. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Runtherock? 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Honestly don’t remember. The take was so bad it transcended the poster. 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m fairly confident in saying no NFL player would care if Watson is a teammate to the detriment of the team. Players put up with Roethlisberger, Riley Cooper, Greg Hardy, Mixon, Favre, Vick, Culpepper and every Viking on their sex cruise, and several others. If no criminal charges come out of this, he’ll be accepted into the locker room. 

None of these players really won anything other than Roethlisberger after their allegations. Just because they were put up with doesn’t mean they were successful or liked in the locker room. Especially Cooper and Hardy.

23 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

None of these players really won anything other than Roethlisberger after their allegations. Just because they were put up with doesn’t mean they were successful or liked in the locker room. Especially Cooper and Hardy.

Didn’t Fletcher have an incident banging some dudes wife ??  How conveniently we forget.

30 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

That’s an entirely different argument and only supports my original point. Players that didn’t win anything and were borderline scrubs like Cooper were able to share a locker room after doing pretty abhorrent things that I’m confident in saying offended more teammates than the Watson allegations. 

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Didn’t Fletcher have an incident banging some dudes wife ??  How conveniently we forget.

Or Golden Tate who allegedly banged his own teammates wife. I’m not saying it’s right, but professional athletes sleep around. I’d be surprised if anyone holds a harsh opinion about Watson. 

8 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'm near certain it was Bacarty

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

A point which I refuted and crushed him, and he has yet to respond

Did you give yourself a trophy yet?  

10 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

El Presidente says no to watson, he costed too mucho , he set all the gringos back too mucho in salary cap el hits, comprehende?

Jeez, you S-U-C-K

17 hours ago, Utebird said:

Yup the worst case scenario is Ertz shows up and gets hurt and the eagles are on the books for his remaining salary 

Just another reason to not let him get anywhere near the field 

If I were Ertz I'd be sick of all Howie's BS as well.

Ertz is a super bowl hero and will go down as an all time eagle legend yet Howie is trying to do him dirty to try and win some stupid game off-season game.

Just do what's right and cut the man and let him go to another team.

Howie is such an effin baby little Diva and Lurie is just as culpable for enabling the idiocy.

Just how is Howie "doing him dirty"?  Will he get paid if he shows up and plays? Yup I wish someone would do me dirty by paying me millions of dollars to play games for a living.

16 hours ago, uncphillyfan said:

Eskin said on WIP that there would be news tomorrow. Ertz pay cut?  

So no news then.

14 hours ago, ManuManu said:

A troll with a Koy Detmer avatar is suggesting Watson probably isn’t as good as 2018-2019 Carson Wentz?

fyp

10 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Im against a Watson trade.

1. We used a 2nd on Hurts. It’s worth giving him a chance. We have 2/3 1st round picks. If Hurts is a no go then we use those picks to find a QB. Regardless of trade or draft. It’s stupid to give up those options.

2. He is a wildcard. He went against his organization and then has sexual abuse allegations come up. I don’t care about stats in this case. Do you really want that guy leading your organization? There are other options.

Just look at this discussion. Half the people want him, half down. That tells me a locker room will be the same way. No one can follow a guy they don’t respect.

1.) Who cares what we used to get Hurts Watson is 4 times the q.b. that he is now and much more of a sure thing

2.) I doubt we trade for him if that isn't cleared up

3.) The locker room doesn't mirror what a buncha goofs in here think

7 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

Runtherock? 

Wasn't him, but I remember the argument was just before we played the Texans. We were going to get crushed because Watson literally couldn't be sacked

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

Did you give yourself a trophy yet?  

Pretty much.  The ignore list reduces response rate.

9 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

I would likely concur with that, and I don't even like Rodgers one bit 

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

Jeez, you S-U-C-K

Fresh milk, kinda a dumb name ya think, you a pork belly?

25 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Fresh milk, kinda a dumb name ya think, you a pork belly?

I like milk and and other dairy products.  They have given my family much to be thankful for.  Same for you and your family with silver hair?

Report: Philadelphia Eagles Tickets Prices Increase 84% Over Last 15 Years

What a racket. At this point they are selling garbage and charging us more to eat it.

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

He got sued in NC for it in a criminal conversation or alienation of affection claim and the case settled a couple of years ago. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s an entirely different argument and only supports my original point. Players that didn’t win anything and were borderline scrubs like Cooper were able to share a locker room after doing pretty abhorrent things that I’m confident in saying offended more teammates than the Watson allegations. 

It’s more about playing with him then players being offended. The media distraction if he gets traded here is gonna be crazy. Especially in the Philly media. Those allegations are all we are gonna here about for a long time. All the players are gonna be asked about it. Fans are gonna bring it up every time he messes up. It’s not worth it for anyones sanity and you can’t tell me players wouldn’t be annoyed. It would be different if Watson was already on the team. But he isn’t and the team trading for him and causing the team to go through it with him is a mistake.

Also, is Watson even mentally strong enough to handle that? He couldn’t even handle the team hiring a GM without his input.

Archived