EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

22 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Thread owner, "Please stop the vaccine debate.  Those that are informed know who they are.  Those that aren't informed don't know who they are.  It is fruitless.  Now lets get back to Eagles football."

Apologies.  Camp starts soon, that should keep us on football topics.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Fact is it is. 

https://www.northwell.edu/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=Vaccines that receive EUA are,several months after vaccination.

Vaccines that receive EUA are considered experimental until the FDA formally approves it. It is possible that a rare side effect will be found after mass vaccination allows a longer term of observation on a larger number of people, but most side effects are picked up in the first several months after vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So you make a statement of fact, refuted with a mountain of evidence, and you wont back up that statement with facts of your own.

Fact, the vaccine is not experimental.

Now we know why it's not in there: A 2010 survey examining the acceptance of peramivir, approved as an EUA, found that use of the term "experimental” on the fact sheet decreased willingness across the board,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7893369/

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

image.jpeg.73079eed38952fe4fb20a3b3436acd7c.jpeg

You also get josina Anderson if you bring in alshon. It’s a buy one forced to get the other one   

There’s a scenario out there where the Philadelphia Eagles trade for Deshaun Watson, send Jalen Hurts to Houston and Watson starts the year suspended.

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

There’s a scenario out there where the Philadelphia Eagles trade for Deshaun Watson, send Jalen Hurts to Houston and Watson starts the year suspended.

Then Flacco = $$$?

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Your starter would be Flacco and the backup Mullens. I forget who it was but one of the National reporters discussed why they’d do it now as compared to afterward. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Your starter would be Flacco and the backup Mullens. I forget who it was but one of the National reporters discussed why they’d do it now as compared to afterward. 

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but I would like more info on Watson. Honestly, he may just need to grow up.

5 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but I would like more info on Watson. Honestly, he may just need to grow up.

I’m not either. I’d do it depending on the compensation and after talking to deshaun about everything to get a read on him. As well as I’m guessing the eagles like caplan talked about months ago gave done their own thorough researching with the incident. My point through this is there’s been smoke even before the incidents with the eagles and watson so i definitely think there’s a chance the eagles are in this 

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

It’s ok bucs, Tom Brady has beaten Father Time and now onto covid with TB12 lol 👀

I’ve posted this before, but I’ll beat the dead horse one more time.  There IS some pro-vaccine misinformation out there about the safety of the vaccine, even from medical professionals who are just overzealous to get people vaccinated.  Things were accelerated, there are unknowns, and there are risks.

With that said, the unknowns and the risks of actually getting COVID are far greater.  We still don’t understand some of the more remote long term effects.  Those risks, to the best of our current understanding, are both far worse, and more mysterious than the vaccine.

So the medically correct decision, at the present time, even in the selfish interest of a low risk individual, is to just get vaccinated.  And that’s not even accounting for the ethical obligation.  

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m not either. I’d do it depending on the compensation and after talking to deshaun about everything to get a read on him. As well as I’m guessing the eagles like caplan talked about months ago gave done their own thorough researching with the incident. My point through this is there’s been smoke even before the incidents with the eagles and watson so i definitely think there’s a chance the eagles are in this 

And John McClain, one of the most plugged in guys with the Texans also has talked about it.  This situation is not click bait, it is very real.

17 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Grow up???

This falls along the lines of " Boys will be boys"

Dude is accused of 22 separate cases by 22 separate women of sexual assault 

That's more than needing to grow up.

Did Vick just need to grow up???

How bout ray Lewis, just an accomplice to murder, just needs to grow up🤔

Rae Carruth was just immature.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And John McClain, one of the most plugged in guys with the Texans also has talked about it.  This situation is not click bait, it is very real.

On a side note, the vaccine talk will be nothing compared to the outrage if they do trade for Watson :-)

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Grow up???

This falls along the lines of " Boys will be boys"

Dude is accused of 22 separate cases by 22 separate women of sexual assault 

That's more than needing to grow up.

Did Vick just need to grow up???

How bout ray Lewis, just an accomplice to murder, just needs to grow up🤔

Rae Carruth was just immature.

Do we find a way to forgive or vilify him for life? None of in here know him personally, so I have no idea. I will have to trust the organization to make the right decision.

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s ok bucs, Tom Brady has beaten Father Time and now onto covid with TB12 lol 👀

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. But, there appears to be separate rules for Brady. Supposedly, he had a torn MCL and he was never put on the injury report which should result in league discipline for the organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL just ignores it because it is Brady.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

BGN has posted a long list of everything that’s connected them to watson. Jeff mclane, McClain, caplan, schefter, Peter king, eskin, Mike florio, Mike fisher (texans beat reporter), tannebaum have all indicated the eagles serious interest. To me that’s enough people to tell me there’s obvious smoke there. 

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't. But, there appears to be separate rules for Brady. Supposedly, he had a torn MCL and he was never put on the injury report which should result in league discipline for the organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL just ignores it because it is Brady.

They just ignored him going to his OC's house last offseason and getting a playbook so yea, they will definitely ignore anything TB12 related

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

BGN has posted a long list of everything that’s connected them to watson. Jeff mclane, McClain, caplan, schefter, Peter king, eskin, Mike florio, Mike fisher (texans beat reporter), tannebaum have all indicated the eagles serious interest. To me that’s enough people to tell me there’s obvious smoke there. 

I agree. The interest is probably real. It will be interesting though to see how the Trevor Bauer situation impacts Watson, if Bauer ends up getting arrested. They are two different situations, but the public reaction to sexual assault or accusations of sexual assault could sway some teams from considering Watson.  I know Lurie took a chance with Vick and dealt with the public crticism.  But, this issue might end up being more charged than that was and that was a pretty charged issue.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans get a lot less compensation than people are speculating.  Maybe a 1st and another pick gets him vs. multiple firsts.  If a team gets Watson and if he gets himself in another situation like he is in now...and ends up getting arrested, it could set an organization back 10 years from the loss of compensation (if a team goes all in and gives up multiple firsts)  and the fallout from dealing with it.  They should do everything they can to develop Hurts this year and be open to other options.

3 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

On a side note, the vaccine talk will be nothing compared to the outrage if they do trade for Watson :-)

I’m actually ok with them going either way. They do it I’m good. If they don’t i hope Hurts is the guy and if not going to have to find that guy. That said I know they likely did their own background research on what happened with watson and the massages. Caplan went into detail about that back in April when discussing watson about how teams do it. If the eagles make the move it tells me they are OK after doing their own research but also they think he could be a franchise type quarterback.

The Eagles have never been afraid to go get a quarterback they love and pay him as well as they very much value the position. to the point they gave chase Daniel a bunch of money to be a backup after they re-signed Bradford and then went out and traded up for wentz. people on here got pissed when we brought foles back in 2017 saying we paid him too much. My belief has always been if the eagles love a particular QB they’ll go get him and money isn’t going to be the thing that deters them 

Archived