EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They just ignored him going to his OC's house last offseason and getting a playbook so yea, they will definitely ignore anything TB12 related

Yep. The NFL wants Brady to be the poster boy for the NFL because he has all the championships, so they will just sweep these things under the rug.  

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Do we find a way to forgive or vilify him for life? None of in here know him personally, so I have no idea. I will have to trust the organization to make the right decision.

Can't forgive something he hasn't held himself accountable for.

Vick paid his dues, as did Carruth who interestingly I think is up for parole or out, as horrible as what rae Carruth did he was held accountable.

Watson has not, simply saying he just needs to grow up is a gross mischaracterization and minimization of his actions.

A Football organization continuing to employ him doesn't = non guilt of offense(s) or guilt.

Nor should how a private business treats the situation be a measure of ones trust towards the situation.

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

BGN has posted a long list of everything that’s connected them to watson. Jeff mclane, McClain, caplan, schefter, Peter king, eskin, Mike florio, Mike fisher (texans beat reporter), tannebaum have all indicated the eagles serious interest. To me that’s enough people to tell me there’s obvious smoke there. 

Four Things | EAGLEMANIACAL.com

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

BGN has posted a long list of everything that’s connected them to watson. Jeff mclane, McClain, caplan, schefter, Peter king, eskin, Mike florio, Mike fisher (texans beat reporter), tannebaum have all indicated the eagles serious interest. To me that’s enough people to tell me there’s obvious smoke there. 

Yeah, I usually ignore a lot of sports radio/Philly media about things like this, but yeah- way too much chatter to not at least think the Eagles are at least doing their "due diligence" on Watson.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I agree. The interest is probably real. It will be interesting though to see how the Trevor Bauer situation impacts Watson, if Bauer ends up getting arrested. They are two different situations, but the public reaction to sexual assault or accusations of sexual assault could sway some teams from considering Watson.  I know Lurie took a chance with Vick and dealt with the public crticism.  But, this issue might end up being more charged than that was and that was a pretty charged issue.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans get a lot less compensation than people are speculating.  Maybe a 1st and another pick gets him vs. multiple firsts.  If a team gets Watson and if he gets himself in another situation like he is in now...and ends up getting arrested, it could set an organization back 10 years from the loss of compensation (if a team goes all in and gives up multiple firsts)  and the fallout from dealing with it.  They should do everything they can to develop Hurts this year and be open to other options.

i highly doubt he’s traded until this is all resolved anyway. There’s definitely a risk after you trade he does this again. Have to hope this entire crap storm changed him and he doesn’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i highly doubt he’s traded until this is all resolved anyway. There’s definitely a risk after you trade he does this again. Have to hope this entire crap storm changed him and he doesn’t do it. 

Maybe Lowie thinks the time to strike is while his value is at its lowest, even if he has to serve a suspension after acquired.  Imagine if you could get him for what you traded Carson Wentz for.  A 3rd in 2022, and a conditional 1st/2nd in 2023.  That would be a steal.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Pfizer. 

Wrong

You've now had several people tell you the same thing. Sounds like you're the odd one out. Shocker.

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

Sweats knee whether it fine or not doesn't really effect the DE depth much seeing as his knee has beena question for  the past few years.

As for saying the eagles DT depth isn't good because Malik Jackson who was a pro bowler 4 seasons ago is a joke 

Malik Jackson when he was healthy was over paid trash.

Ridgeway when healthy played better and I'm excited to see what the rookies do especially Milton

He's claiming the health of his knee doesn't merit a reduced workload. If the Eagles agree, I'm playing him over Barnett. I like Barnett as an all-around guy, but the upside just doesn't seem to be there.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What concerns me is that many of the women were massage therapists. So, it appears somewhat predatory and premeditated that he calls them up and then they end up having sex. It isn't as if he went to a bar and met a woman that wanted to go back to his place.  He could get many women he wants due to his status of who he is.  He shouldn't have to call up massage therapists and then hit on them.  In fairness, some massage places aren't really massage places. But, no matter what, it really appears bad judgment at minimum and you want a NFL QB to make good decisions both on and off the field.  

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

He's claiming the health of his knee doesn't merit a reduced workload. If the Eagles agree, I'm playing him over Barnett. I like Barnett as an all-around guy, but the upside just doesn't seem to be there.

I didn't hear any of that in his, my knees fine quote, but I agree I like sweat playing more than Barnett.

The question is can Sweats knee hold up?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe Lowie thinks the time to strike is while his value is at its lowest, even if he has to serve a suspension after acquired.  Imagine if you could get him for what you traded Carson Wentz for.  A 3rd in 2022, and a conditional 1st/2nd in 2023.  That would be a steal.

I forget the podcast i was listening too. It was a National one who made that same argument. But also made the counter that the Texans could just wait til the offseason and hope to drum up more interest around the league. (Assuming the eagles weren’t very good or mediocre this year)He still felt the eagles package would be better than any other team due to the capital they have

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Fact is it is. 

https://www.northwell.edu/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine/frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=Vaccines that receive EUA are,several months after vaccination.

Vaccines that receive EUA are considered experimental until the FDA formally approves it. It is possible that a rare side effect will be found after mass vaccination allows a longer term of observation on a larger number of people, but most side effects are picked up in the first several months after vaccination.

I totally agree with RememberTheKoy here.

The vaccine nearly killed Eric Clapton and others, so why don't we ask him and people like him if this "vaccine" is safe or not. Go ahead, get the jab, and if it makes you (people in general) sick, ask yourself if it's experimental. if it doesn't make you sick, still ask yourself what it is doing inside of you. What about your DNA?Also, have you asked yourself what the vaccine contains? Look into the abortion fetal material connection and do a hard, thorough research. You will be shocked at what you find. Yes, there is a link between the vaccine and that.

Why is there no vaccine for the common cold for all these centuries, yet within months of a killer pandemic, there is a cure for it? It's BS. But the final straw is- why is it soooo damn important for the dictators (that's what they are) to FORCE it into you? To take control of YOUR body, and inject God knows what into you? Why are they saying they are coming to YOUR very door to pressure you to do so?  Why did the president of the USA call citizens who choose not to take it- murderers? He actually said the pandemic isn't the problem, that people who are exercising their rights are killers. Look it up if you don't believe me. That is a sick man saying that. Sounds like Hitler, only worse.

Don't value freedom? Fine, but some of us do, and are willing to fight for it. All these sheeple bury their heads in the sand, take the jab to make it "all go away" and feel safe. I have news for you- it's all BS, and you took a jab of something that you don't even know what it does to your DNA. Fun times.

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

What concerns me is that many of the women were massage therapists. So, it appears somewhat predatory and premeditated that he calls them up and then they end up having sex. It isn't as if he went to a bar and met a woman that wanted to go back to his place.  He could get many women he wants due to his status of who he is.  He shouldn't have to call up massage therapists and then hit on them.  In fairness, some massage places aren't really massage places. But, no matter what, it really appears bad judgment at minimum and you want a NFL QB to make good decisions both on and off the field.  

This is a good read in regards to Watson.  I am not saying he is innocent, and not saying he is not a dbag.  But why are these massage therapists going back for 2nd, 3rd and 4th sessions if he is acting inappropriately during the first session ??

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/deshaun-watson-responds-to-allegations-lawsuits/285-f5661b54-16cb-48c9-8b74-8167e8dcf203

7 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I don't understand why he didn't pay high end call girls if he is that horny?

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I forget the podcast i was listening too. It was a National one who made that same argument. But also made the counter that the Texans could just wait til the offseason and hope to drum up more interest around the league. (Assuming the eagles weren’t very good or mediocre this year)He still felt the eagles package would be better than any other team due to the capital they have

https://www.nfl.com/videos/john-mcclain-deshaun-watson-will-not-be-the-texans-starting-quarterback-this-yea

Just now, downundermike said:

This is a good read in regards to Watson.  I am not saying he is innocent, and not saying he is not a dbag.  But why are these massage therapists going back for 2nd, 3rd and 4th sessions if he is acting inappropriately during the first session ??

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/deshaun-watson-responds-to-allegations-lawsuits/285-f5661b54-16cb-48c9-8b74-8167e8dcf203

Yeah, but he should be educated enough to know that the women are supposed to be doing their professional job vs. satisfying him.  He should know that he is putting himself at risk for sexual harassment or worse by bringing in multiple women who are supposed to be doing their jobs.  It it happened once, then it would be somewhat understandable. But, it appears to be a pattern. It's possible that all the situations could have been consensual, but he should've never put himself in this position.

11 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Like i said in the other post if the eagles are willing to trade for him I know they did their background search as caplan explained how teams and the eagles were doing so. So they must have enough information to make themselves feel a certain way about the whole thing, give you draft capital and pay him good amount of money.

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Yeah, but he should be educated enough to know that the women are supposed to be doing their professional job vs. satisfying him.  He should know that he is putting himself at risk for sexual harassment or worse by bringing in multiple women who are supposed to be doing their jobs.  It it happened once, then it would be somewhat understandable. But, it appears to be a pattern. It's possible that all the situations could have been consensual, but he should've never put himself in this position.

100% agree, but the fact that some of these women booked multiple appointments after inappropriate conduct, including inviting him into their own homes does cast some doubt about the entire situation.  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Like i said in the other post if the eagles are willing to trade for him I know they did their background search as caplan explained how teams and the eagles were doing so. So they must have enough information to make themselves feel a certain way about the whole thing, give you draft capital and pay him good amount of money.

Howie would have to massage his contract and put a clause in it that states that he has to get massages from a male physical therapist that looks like Jon Runyan.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Howie would have to massage his contract and put a clause in it that states that he has to get massages from a male physical therapist that looks like Jon Runyan.

It’s a way in for Jason peters to come back to the team... 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

100% agree, but the fact that some of these women booked multiple appointments after inappropriate conduct, including inviting him into their own homes does cast some doubt about the entire situation.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they were all consensual, but it shows extreme lack of judgment on Watson. That's my point.  If Watson is going to be the face of your organization, he has to be a leader on and off the field.  This situation calls it into question.

7 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

This moron better never take an aspirin, I swear to god

You just know he pumps himself full of Toradol 

Archived