EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Good point. Is Hopkins the only star player that's publicly been against it?

Also bring up the contract point again. What happens if a star player with a mega deal wont get the vaccine?

To me that’s going to be the next big thing that’s going to hit eventually. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Also bring up the contract point again. What happens if a star player with a mega deal wont get the vaccine?

I think all you can do is follow the collective agreement.  I don't think the NFL wants to spend years in court fighting contract law, so the logical alternative is to mandate the unvaccinated players to mask up, get tested daily, isolate while on the road, generally make them live with their decision.

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The vaccine is still in experimental status. 

incorrect

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It seems like it's been nothing but big name players that have been publicly against it. Hopkins, Fournette, Beasely, Cousins, Josh Allen, Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, Christian McCaffrey, Jalen Ramsey, Montez Sweat and many others. Not saying they are all still unvaccinated, but they all have either said they aren't or were openly skeptical about it within the last month or so.

40 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If people don't want Watson because they don't want to have to root for him, I get that, that's your prerogative. But trying to argue it's a bad move from a football perspective alone is utter insanity.

Dude's a get out of jail free card for this franchise that has fallen drastically since the SB. It's crazy how many QBs the Eagles have had since McNabb. It doesn't feel that way for whatever reason, but the QB position has been such a damn mess since McNabb left. They just haven't been able to get it right.

have to price in the risk thats he convicted/suspended somehow

im just not sure hot to do it...

i dont know wtf to think about his off field issues

33 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It's not a move you make from a football perspective alone, that's the problem.  I think everyone can agree Watson is leaps and bounds better than what the Eagles currently have at QB, but in a hard-cap league any team is tying up significant portion of it to one player -- the franchise QB. 

If you want Watson how long do you want him on the team for?  10 years?  That's more than a significant investment of resources for a player who has many red flags.  Not red flag -- numerous red flags.  He has legal issues, he has character issues, he signed his mega extension in bad faith, he's over-stepping his position as a player trying to exert influence on organizational decisions that no NFL player has, nor should have.

Extreme risk in bringing Watson in, for many reasons beyond the football field.   

He has legal issues right now. They will eventually be done with at some point whenever that is. Character flaws - that's a complicated one and multi-layered. For one, he's only been accused as of right now. Not saying I don't believe he did what he's accused of, but for now, it's mere accusations. But there's character as it pertains to an NFL locker room and character of stuff outside the football. From what I read, unless I missed some stories, if true, the guy sounds like a deviant with weird sexual proclivities. I don't know if that necessarily makes him a bad guy or not, that's entirely subjective. He seems popular in NFL circles though. Players around the league have always respected him as a player and leader.

And regards to the contract and wanting out stuff, I think that's being overblown. For one, that's modern sports. Players are more entitled now and they demand out. But this was different. His dislike there stems from his relationship with Jack Easterby, who seems like a total nutjob, and apparently the Texans even behind the scenes are a total mickey mouse organization. I can't begrudge him for wanting out. There's no indication as of right now it's going to be like this with every organization. And honestly, if they get him and can't put a winning team around him, they don't deserve to keep him. They would deserve to pay for their incompetence.

I don't think the risk is extreme, I think it's moderate at worst, and probably minimal.

9 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

have to price in the risk thats he convicted/suspended somehow

im just not sure hot to do it...

i dont know wtf to think about his off field issues

Unless he reaches a financial settlement with his 22 (?) accusers, he's not even scheduled to be deposed in the civil lawsuits until February 2022; there's no way he's playing in the NFL with the lawsuits still hanging over him so he won't be playing in 2021 -- he'd be on the Commissioner's Exempt List.  After the civil suits are resolved the NFL will decide if he'll be suspended -- you'd have to think that's pretty likely, and somewhere in the range of 8 games to a full season, so 2022 would be uncertain.

He and his lawyers have a lot of thinking to do.  I haven't heard anything regarding criminal charges, so one would think reaching an out-of-court settlement would be the logical course of action, and as expeditiously as possible.  

17 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Unless he reaches a financial settlement with his 22 (?) accusers, he's not even scheduled to be deposed in the civil lawsuits until February 2022; there's no way he's playing in the NFL with the lawsuits still hanging over him so he won't be playing in 2021 -- he'd be on the Commissioner's Exempt List.  After the civil suits are resolved the NFL will decide if he'll be suspended -- you'd have to think that's pretty likely, and somewhere in the range of 8 games to a full season, so 2022 would be uncertain.

He and his lawyers have a lot of thinking to do.  I haven't heard anything regarding criminal charges, so one would think reaching an out-of-court settlement would be the logical course of action, and as expeditiously as possible.  

$100 says that even he if doesnt settle, that does not happen and he does play this year. He is not going to be exempted an entire year over pending civil lawsuits. 

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  He’ll serve a suspension but it won’t be a whole year.  My guess, 6-8 weeks.  

Florio kind of said the same thing on WIP. He said 4-6 cause Big Ben originally got 6 then they reduced it to 4 and he had a previous issue prior to the next one according to florio 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Starting?

I was just reading up on the latest covid insanity.

All i know is i figure Ben Simmons didn’t get his vaccine cause he doesn’t like shots.....

I think we will see more companies start to do the same thing .

Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he has mandated Covid shots at his hedge fund's office.

We're a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that's fine. Let's take it to the court," Scaramucci said on "Squawk Box,"while imploring other firms to follow suit.

"Make a decision. You're a private company. Let's cut it out. We've got to keep people safe. Get vaccinated. If you don't want to get vaccinated, leave. That should be the message, and people will start getting vaccinated."

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think we will see more companies start to do the same thing .

Anthony Scaramucci, founder and co-managing partner of SkyBridge, told CNBC on Friday he has mandated Covid shots at his hedge fund's office.

We're a private company. If somebody wants to fight me over the vaccine mandate, that's fine. Let's take it to the court," Scaramucci said on "Squawk Box,"while imploring other firms to follow suit.

"Make a decision. You're a private company. Let's cut it out. We've got to keep people safe. Get vaccinated. If you don't want to get vaccinated, leave. That should be the message, and people will start getting vaccinated."

Just need a big one to do it like Walmart and the rest will follow quickly.

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I totally agree with RememberTheKoy here.

The vaccine nearly killed Eric Clapton and others, so why don't we ask him and people like him if this "vaccine" is safe or not. Go ahead, get the jab, and if it makes you (people in general) sick, ask yourself if it's experimental. if it doesn't make you sick, still ask yourself what it is doing inside of you. What about your DNA?Also, have you asked yourself what the vaccine contains? Look into the abortion fetal material connection and do a hard, thorough research. You will be shocked at what you find. Yes, there is a link between the vaccine and that.

Why is there no vaccine for the common cold for all these centuries, yet within months of a killer pandemic, there is a cure for it? It's BS. But the final straw is- why is it soooo damn important for the dictators (that's what they are) to FORCE it into you? To take control of YOUR body, and inject God knows what into you? Why are they saying they are coming to YOUR very door to pressure you to do so?  Why did the president of the USA call citizens who choose not to take it- murderers? He actually said the pandemic isn't the problem, that people who are exercising their rights are killers. Look it up if you don't believe me. That is a sick man saying that. Sounds like Hitler, only worse.

Don't value freedom? Fine, but some of us do, and are willing to fight for it. All these sheeple bury their heads in the sand, take the jab to make it "all go away" and feel safe. I have news for you- it's all BS, and you took a jab of something that you don't even know what it does to your DNA. Fun times.

I see that the board has expanded its reach to an alternative universe...

24 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Our offense is going to be better than people expect.

Anything inside the top 30 would be better than I expect.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Anything inside the top 30 would be better than I expect.

Before the whole team is injured by mid season, we have at 2 good RB, 2 good receivers (and a decent TE), and and a good offensive line.  QB is TBD but if Sirranni is even slightly better than Doug, the offense should be decent.

I'm excited for football to kick up again, but this is once again going to be a long season. Sure, things can turn around quick (as we've seen), but I feel as though we're going to blow for a while.

48 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Our offense is going to be better than people expect.

I think our defense will be as well. I'm loving the Harris signing and the underrated Wilson signing. Hopefully someone steps up and solidify's cb2

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I know that’s not HIPAA

Sign this goof to a lifetime contract. He's perfect in Dallas.

Archived