EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This is not a Dennison v NFL issue, this is a Dennison v Vikings issue.  Vikings owner is well within his rights to fire an employee for not following his rules.  Medical facilities nation wide require you to be vaccinated to work there.  People are not suing them.

Not going to pretend to know the law but it seems like the Vikings have a pretty easy reason to fire him. Not getting vaccinated means he's limited in how he can preform his job duties. If the Vikings think the limitations are too much for him to overcome, he's fired. Easy peasy. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not going to pretend to know the law but it seems like the Vikings have a pretty easy reason to fire him. Not getting vaccinated means he's limited in how he can preform his job duties. If the Vikings think the limitations are too much for him to overcome, he's fired. Easy peasy. 

Yep.  We need you in the building to do your job the most effectively.  NFL mandated you have to do zoom meetings because you are not vaccinated.  Not really much Dennison can do, and I am sure the Vikings had their lawyers involved before they made the decision.

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

If that's the Flyers trade, Chuck Fletcher should be fired. Just awful.

It is. 

what makes it worse he’s not been very good for buffalo (which it is buffalo so) but he’s also a UFA at the end of the season. So you basically have him as a rental or have to pay him without seeing him play in your system and likely decent money as he’s making 5.4 this year 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It is. 

what makes it worse he’s not been very good for buffalo (which it is buffalo so) but he’s also a UFA at the end of the season. So you basically have him as a rental or have to pay him without seeing him play in your system and likely decent money as he’s making 5.4 this year 

Did they take advice from Howie?

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

If that's the Flyers trade, Chuck Fletcher should be fired. Just awful.

Who needs draft picks?  He traded their 2nd round pick yesterday for thin air.  At least this trade acquisition is a solid object.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Who needs draft picks?  He traded their 2nd round pick yesterday for thin air.  At least this trade acquisition is a solid object.

Yesterday's Ghost trade was somehow better.

2 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

They are both coming to the Eagles with Watson and Hopkins! 

Its truez!!!

@downundermike signing a 2nd round pick and taking on $27M in cap space when you have $3M available is tomorrow's problem

:roll:

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yesterday's Ghost trade was somehow better.

I don't follow very closely anymore, but offhand I would say this is Tank Mode ..... 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Its truez!!!

@downundermike signing a 2nd round pick and taking on $27M in cap space when you have $3M available is tomorrow's problem

:roll:

Howie can just put it on his Visa.

20 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

In the span of a week, Fletcher has acquired Ryan Ellis and Rasmus Ristolainen, while giving up Philippe Myers, Nolan Patrick, Shayne Gostisbehere, Hagg and four draft picks.

Just now, bpac55 said:

In the span of a week, Fletcher has acquired Ryan Ellis and Rasmus Ristolainen, while giving up Philippe Myers, Nolan Patrick, Shayne Gostisbehere, Hagg and four draft picks.

See, if you're tanking the smart thing to do is compile draft picks in preparation for hitting the bottom.  Fletcher is giving away draft picks to facilitate the fall and doesn't realize he'll be left without the capital to rebuild anything when he gets there.  

He's Bill O'Brien

39 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm sure Dennison will look into that and I'm gonna guess going up against the NFL he'll lose 

Well, at least he still has his chili empire.

th?id=OIP.L1_GDeX1llYRL-VwZxH6WQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

They gave up 13th overall, 2 2nd rounders, 7th, hagg and gostisbehere to get rostolainen. If ellis gets hurt like has been the case 3 out of the last 4 years and risto is what the analytics have shown he was with buffalo then Fletcher is getting canned. I’ll add risto is a FA next offseason so he could be bad and leave as well or we sign him to an Andrew Macdonald contract 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I wonder how many GMs are going to try to shop non-vaccinated players now and which teams would want to deal for them? Most teams wouldn't deal for them now, but there could be a few owners that are anti-vaxxers. So, it will be interesting to see what happens over the next month from this.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

See, if you're tanking the smart thing to do is compile draft picks in preparation for hitting the bottom.  Fletcher is giving away draft picks to facilitate the fall and doesn't realize he'll be left without the capital to rebuild anything when he gets there.  

He's Bill O'Brien

I don't follow the Flyers and NHL as much as I used to, so I can't say the guys coming to Philly are worth it but geez he's giving up a lot, especially in terms of draft picks as you alluded.  Not liking the moves one bit.

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Vikings are imploding

So is he leaving too then?

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Alternative headline

"We're watching one reasonable player debate with a dumb ass that thinks dogs don't stretch over the vaccine decision in front of everyone"

Just now, downundermike said:

Don’t worry his brother Greg will hire him with the Spurs 

Archived