EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think there are access problems in more rural states but not in DC.  

I was in west Texas and Oklahoma last month.  People out there drive a hundred miles round trip to the grocery store, drug store or doctor.  I am just back from a trip in rural Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota this past weekend.   Same thing.  I stayed 24 miles from the town I was visiting in South Dakota because that was the nearest motel, which was out of date and worn thirty years ago.  There is no doctor in the town I was visiting.  The nearest pharmacy is 25 miles away.  That is why the J&J vaccine gave much hope.  No need for freezing and one shot. Turns out, one shot may not be enough. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

That's good.

To be fair, I’m assuming he did. Would definitely be dumb to do this before getting the results back. If it’s indoors, I assume he would have to be masked if he weren’t vaccinated. 

How sweet is it that Lane Johnson shows up sporting a Stoutland jersey?

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Fascinated by this Biles Olympic news.  I, naturally, have a highly contrarian opinion.  Curious what everyone else thinks…

I’m mostly on her side… however, if it was a male athlete, I know I’d be less sympathetic. Which I understand is not necessarily right. 

Yes, mental health is important, but if a cop doesn’t go to a crime scene siting mental health as a reason, they could get fired. May be a bad example. 

54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I never called them "The Ohio State University".  F them and F PSU for that matter.  At least Ohio State's Football program wasn't built by a child rapist enabler.  

Yea. F em both. Go Vols

13 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I don't think "the bulk" of the fanbase had more remorse for JoPa than the victims.  In every fanbase (Eagles included) you have a certain % of "die hard" fans that scream the loudest.  It's true in politics as well.  60% - 70% of the country is "moderate"  but you wouldn't think that by watching the news or reading social media. 

As someone living in State College at the time, there was undoubtedly more outrage over joepas firing than the news of what happened. 

7 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Now whatever happened with administrators and so on, I was never paid any money whatsoever and those folks made 7 figures but truth of the matter is the following;

Jerry Sandusky was never a coach with Penn State during any of the reported incidents but I guess Bob Ley missed that little factoid. 

So basically after 50 some odd years, you created a feeding frenzy concerning incidents that occurred after his employment with the organization.

Kind of like if John Gruden went out tonight and murdered 12 people at the Flamingo.... showing up at Jeff Lurie's door tomorrow to tar and feather him. 

Sick of all the nonsense.  Media members are not lawyers and they're entirely full of shite. 

Do ducks walk or waddle? 

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Looks like Nick has a lot of work to do with the hitch in his drop still.

But but but da swagz

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Somewhere ESP is blowing a load.  Hurts is going to have so many fan boys just because he's got "swag".

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Has to be such an easy fix - surprised it wasn't addressed in minicamp/OTAs

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I don't think "the bulk" of the fanbase had more remorse for JoPa than the victims.  In every fanbase (Eagles included) you have a certain % of "die hard" fans that scream the loudest.  It's true in politics as well.  60% - 70% of the country is "moderate"  but you wouldn't think that by watching the news or reading social media. 

Paterno had seemed a bit senile for a few years when things came out.  Not sure he was all there at that point in life and I think some of the remorse was really sympathy for him in his current state.   I have never heard anything but remorse for the victims from any PSU alumni that I know.  After all, this is a university where its biggest social event is a fundraiser towards defeating childhood cancer.  Says a lot about that student body and its alums.  When Pennsylvania fought the NCAA, it wasn’t about the fine, it was about putting the money to use in Pennsylvania to help people like the victims. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  You can still point to drafting.  

Yeah.  My Vols suck. 
I know. 

Hopefully Heupel can turn the program back to it's winning ways. Stings To'o To'o transferred to the Tide but at least he'll win this year

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

As someone living in State College at the time, there was undoubtedly more outrage over joepas firing than the news of what happened. 

I can't speak for anyone else but I was disgusted and sickened about what happened.  Shocked most of all, felt remorse for the victims and their families.   And at the time, I was "frustrated" with JoPa getting fired because the information I had at the time didn't point to him being involved at all...quite the opposite, actually.  

So I can see fans feeling remorse for the victims, being disgusted about what happened and still be angry with Jo Pa being fired at the time.   The events/feelings aren't mutually exclusive, imo. 

4 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I can't speak for anyone else but I was disgusted and sickened about what happened.  Shocked most of all, felt remorse for the victims and their families.   And at the time, I was "frustrated" with JoPa getting fired because the information I had at the time didn't point to him being involved at all...quite the opposite, actually.  

So I can see fans feeling remorse for the victims, being disgusted about what happened and still be angry with Jo Pa being fired at the time.   The events/feelings aren't mutually exclusive, imo. 

Part of the issue was JoePa has no business being the coach but he was worshipped as this divine, untouchable figure. If you remember his press conferences in his last few seasons it was sad to watch. 

There was more controversy over his firing than Tressel getting canned for looking the other way when his players got tattoos. 

23 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m mostly on her side… however, if it was a male athlete, I know I’d be less sympathetic. Which I understand is not necessarily right. 

Yes, mental health is important, but if a cop doesn’t go to a crime scene siting mental health as a reason, they could get fired. May be a bad example. 

I don’t think it’s a bad example at all.

Depression/suicide/anxiety awareness, understanding, empathy…all important.

As far as I have heard…she does not suffer from a mental health disorder.  My suspicion is that she didn’t have her A game and she wanted to preserve herself for her individual competitions.  I wonder how her teammates feel about losing their chance at a gold medal because she didn’t feel like it?  

Everyone supports mental health, but I think we might want to stop short of applauding our highest level competitors for bowing out of a team event because they mentally weren’t up for it…that gets celebrities called inspirational and gets 95% of real people fired from their jobs.

38 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The second worst part about the whole situation is what seemed like the bulk of the fanbase having more remorse towards JoePa than the actual victims. It’s quite telling how sheep-like and divine-needy our society is. 

I was doing an internship at psu when the whole situation was going  

How many hours did you have to complete as the adult video store splooge mopper to get your sport management degree?  😂

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I thought you weren’t getting into it?  He should have been fired.  Lack of institutional control.  Paterno was guilty of knowing and either covering it up or turning a blind eye to it. "I could have done more”.  His words.  Now imagine if that ish happened now.  In today’s environment.  He would have been canned right away.  Also, nobody talks about Ray Gricar.  Hmmmmm

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

Part of the issue was JoePa has no business being the coach but he was worshipped as this divine, untouchable figure. If you remember his press conferences in his last few seasons it was sad to watch. 

There was more controversy over his firing than Tressel getting canned for looking the other way when his players got tattoos. 

I think the frustration comes from knowing that JoPa had one foot out the door regardless but was being forced out.  The information I had at the time was that JoPa reported what he knew to the top administrative official, who also overlooked the Penn State police department.  (Yes, it's a real police department, not campus security).  He had already fired Sandusky years prior so the guy was no longer under his control.  There was a prior investigation  (thanks in part to JoePa) but the state of PA did not pursue it or prosecute the case. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I was so disgusted with last year and JG constantly killing any momentum.   I’m so happy his is gone.  But yes, To’o To’o being gone hurts.  Especially to Bama.  

JG was fn awful

Just now, Ace Nova said:

Lane kinda looks like Triple H in that picture

I guess we will be seeing a lot of this between Eagles/Colts (or Wentz) fans this year...

Just now, Ace Nova said:

I guess we will be seeing a lot of this between Eagles/Colts (or Wentz) fans this year...

Idc if he does well or not. I hope he plays the 70% percent so we get that 1st rd pick. Indy will enjoy his fumbling problems

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sandusky wasn’t fired.  He retired.  And he was still allowed to be around the program.  He had an office and access to buildings. And showers.  You sure you’re a PSU guy?

He was fired.  Sort of like, "If you don't resign, you're getting fired".  And what does JoPa have to do with him having access to buildings and showers?  Maybe it's people from outside the PSU community that think Paterno was in charge of everything at Penn State.   

28 minutes ago, hputenis said:

How many hours did you have to complete as the adult video store splooge mopper to get your sport management degree?  😂

Worst part is I did a stupid internship there to get a master’s degree. 

7 minutes ago, DuckWalk said:

Mike McQueary was just the I swear I know what I'm talking about "I'm Ellen DeGeneres' assistant" of the Program. 

Ancient History.  A time when passive aggressive ninnies ruled the world. 

Uh what? You're not going to give me a tenured position teaching Speech Communication? 

"That's it . I'm calling Bob Ley and we're going to write a whole lotta crazy shite before both Bob and I retire "  Mike McQueary 2012. 

Funny tidbit about Mike McQueary.  We had a huge balcony overlooking College Ave my senior year so late at night my friends and I would hang out on the balcony and watch all the people walk by, etc etc.  Along comes Mike McQueary not looking too hot (not too many people do at that time of night on College Ave) so we go down, help him out a bit, invite him up and had a beer with him.  I don't remember too much of the conversation but it had mostly to do with him getting ready to try out for the Raiders (I believe at the time, I could be wrong).  

Archived