EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

2016 was a home run draft...it was anything but bad.  It produced a SB and the would have been NFL MVP and guy that got us a SB, a solid long term IOL, our #1 CB on a SB winning team, a guy who filled in for one of the greatest to ever play the game at LT during the final playoff push and the playoffs.

How many of those guys still on the roster ??

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When you abbreviate it you don't call them OU.  You call it OSU.  Same thing.  Consider yourself informed.  

OSU is Oklahoma State University to me.  The real Cowboys football team.  

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

When you abbreviate it you don't call them OU.  You call it OSU.  Same thing.  Consider yourself informed.  

For us Penn Staters it's always been "Ohio State".  Calling them "Thee Ohio State University" if you're from Penn State would be almost like calling Dallas "America's Team" if you're an Eagles fan.  :lol:

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

If you’re not vaccinated it’s because you don’t want to be. Plain and simple. 

I think there are access problems in more rural states but not in DC.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It was a HR draft in 2017.  But then the entire franchise fell apart and the center piece of that draft lost any hope.  Pretty bad when the bar is soooo low that 2017 was a "Home Run" draft.  That should be proof enough that serious changes need to be made.  

That’s why they made serious changes and got rid of all the coaches. 

What are everyone's thoughts on Hargrave? I didn't really pay attention to him last year.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I never called them "The Ohio State University".  F them and F PSU for that matter.  At least Ohio State's Football program wasn't built by a child rapist enabler.  

I'm not getting into all this now but what that monster (Sandusky) did left a permanent scar within the entire Penn State community...as alumni, we get to hear about it all the time.  Thanks.  

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I didn’t really think of this specific scenario until right now, and I don’t blame Rivera one bit. What a bunch of selfish babies.  He should get a paid vacation until he’s safe from all these moron players. 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The coaches don't make the draft picks.  And serious changes still need to be made.  As in, Howie and Lurie.  Howie go.  Lurie back the F off.  

It’s one or the other. Lurie trusts Howie. If the players we draft still suck with a new coaching staff then it’s easier to point the finger at the drafting. 

16 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Hargrave? I didn't really pay attention to him last year.

He improved week to week last season. I think I noticed he actually existed in week 6-7, but to his credit, he continued that trend. I think he struggled with the adjustment coming from Sheetsburg’s defense despite everyone saying he’d be a perfect fit next to Cox.  That’s actually more of a shot towards Schwartz for probably making the adjustment as difficult as possible for him. 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

No interest in Watson, none I tell ya, no way in hell!!!.....

....unless it's for the right price.

This is where Howie is at his best, keeping wheeling Howie and bend em over.

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

He improved week to week last season. I think I noticed he actually existed in week 6-7, but to his credit, he continued that trend. I think he struggled with the adjustment coming from Sheetsburg’s defense despite everyone saying he’d be a perfect fit next to Cox.  That’s actually more of a shot towards Schwartz for probably making the adjustment as difficult as possible for him. 

Let's not forget that he suffered a notable injury (was it a shoulder?) in training camp which hindered him the first month or so of the season. By the latter half of the year, he seemed to be playing pretty well.

5 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Good for him. I remember him at Virginia Tech and never thought he would pan out trying to switch positions. He worked hard and has turned into a nice TE. 

If Tyree Jackson can become half the tight end he is that would be great.

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm not getting into all this now but what that monster (Sandusky) did left a permanent scar within the entire Penn State community...as alumni, we get to hear about it all the time.  Thanks.  

The second worst part about the whole situation is what seemed like the bulk of the fanbase having more remorse towards JoePa than the actual victims. It’s quite telling how sheep-like and divine-needy our society is. 

I was doing an internship at psu when the whole situation was going down. 

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Let's not forget that he suffered a notable injury (was it a shoulder?) in training camp which hindered him the first month or so of the season. By the latter half of the year, he seemed to be playing pretty well.

Pec strain I believe 

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I never called them "The Ohio State University".  F them and F PSU for that matter.  At least Ohio State's Football program wasn't built by a child rapist enabler.  

Nope, just had a set of wrestling player molester enablers.  No proof Paterno knew about Sandusky when he was a coach at PSU.  Strong possibility he had no knowledge about it when Sandusky, a former coach, used the shower at PSU.  

Now in Ohio over a handful of wrestlers said an assistant coach knew about the doctor molesting them and at least one has stated on the record that the assistant coach asked him to deny the molestations.  

PSU fired the head coach and college president and the state jailed the molester and the college president.  Ohio, they elected the assistant coach to Congress. 

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

No interest in Watson, none I tell ya, no way in hell!!!.....

....unless it's for the right price.

This is where Howie is at his best, keeping wheeling Howie and bend em over.

When it comes to Howie, I think it has run its course.

YARN | There's no one in the galaxy left for you to swindle. | Star Wars  The Force Awakens (2015) | Video gifs by quotes | 9fcc7458 | 紗

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Nope, just had a set of wrestling player molester enablers.  No proof Paterno knew about Sandusky when he was a coach at PSU.  Strong possibility he had no knowledge about it when Sandusky, a former coach, used the shower at PSU.  

Now in Ohio over a handful of wrestlers said an assistant coach knew about the doctor molesting them and at least one has stated on the record that the assistant coach asked him to deny the molestations.  

PSU fired the head coach and college president and the state jailed the molester and the college president.  Ohio, they elected the assistant coach to Congress. 

An FBI investigation proved otherwise… but let’s just hear about how the FBI was corrupt… 

Fascinated by this Biles Olympic news.  I, naturally, have a highly contrarian opinion.  Curious what everyone else thinks…

Now isn't it silly to have alllll this Covid talk about being safe and then go and show Cox doing this?  At least 2 camera guys are in there with him and I'm guessing more.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Now isn't it silly to have alllll this Covid talk about being safe and then go and show Cox doing this?  At least 2 camera guys are in there with him and I'm guessing more.

He just tested negatively for it like hours before this…

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The second worst part about the whole situation is what seemed like the bulk of the fanbase having more remorse towards JoePa than the actual victims. It’s quite telling how sheep-like and divine-needy our society is. 

I was doing an internship at psu when the whole situation was going down. 

I don't think "the bulk" of the fanbase had more remorse for JoPa than the victims.  In every fanbase (Eagles included) you have a certain % of "die hard" fans that scream the loudest.  It's true in politics as well.  60% - 70% of the country is "moderate"  but you wouldn't think that by watching the news or reading social media. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He just tested negatively for it like hours before this…

That's good.

Archived