Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But Colts play the Jags so they are going to win that. 

It would be an embarrassment if that team lost to the Jags. They’re way too talented.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Vlad67 said:

But it is better chance than Jags beating Colts

Also a division game I wouldn't feel to confident about. A better chance yes but, you never know. 

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It would be an embarrassment if that team lost to the Jags. They’re way too talented.

It‘s possible. There will be (mental) pressure on Wentz so all can happen.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

It‘s possible. There will be (mental) pressure on Wentz so all can happen.

You can’t write that! The beanbaggers said Carson’s the greatest quarterback to never win a Super Bowl……………. or playoff game.

Funny how a guy took an 11 win team and turned it into a 9 win one, while Hurts took a 4 win team and turned it into a 9 win one. One guy did it at 22 mil a year and the other did it at less than 1.5 mil, but the Colts are better off. :roll:

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Funny how a guy took an 11 win team and turned it into a 9 win one, while Hurts took a 4 win team and turned it into a 9 win one. One guy did it at 22 mil a year and the other did it at less than 1.5 mil, but the Colts are better off. :roll:

Colts would have been better of trading up to get Mac Jones, would have cost them a lot less in cap space and draft picks.

But hey, they took that albatross of a contract off our hands and were kind enough to give us a 1st and a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Colts would have been better of trading up to get Mac Jones, would have cost them a lot less in cap space and draft picks.

But hey, they took that albatross of a contract off our hands and were kind enough to give us a 1st and a 3rd.

But someone said the Colts won the trade. 🙄

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Colts win a Super Bowl with Carson and we don't win one before that happens, then they 'won' the trade. If neither of us win one, it doesn't really matter either way.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If the Colts win a Super Bowl with Carson and we don't win one before that happens, then they 'won' the trade. If neither of us win one, it doesn't really matter either way.

Unless we use that pick for a player that helps us win the Super Bowl. Besides Wentz ain’t winning no Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sure they did they got wentz at discount, bargain price qb. Next year hes all on their books. We win.

He sure as crap aint carrying that team, not this season he hasnt.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

They did.  They have Carson. 😍

beanbaggers.jpg

Colts fans have turned on him, some tidbits that seem all too familiar:

"Wentz has not done enough to deserve another year. He will get another year because there is no better option yet"

"He also seems to have zero pocket awareness and holds the ball way too long. I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with him at the helm."

"He doesn't throw accurately when guys are open. He's beyond slow to come off of his primary read to go to his check down. And he's been outrageously lucky in the turnover department. He will never have better conditions to play QB than he's had this year for the most part. Defenses are putting 8 guys in the box on every play and he still goes entire quarters without putting a ball on target"

"Wentz is the ABSOLUTELY the problem on this team and you all know it - you just won't admit it. I don't understand it at all. Open your friggin' eyes folks."

"If Wilson or Rodgers are there you go after them don't waste anymore time with Wentz. Wentz hasn't step up and won a game when he needs to so why invest in him if he can't lift his team to a win. Great players elevate average players not the other way around"

"Reich going after Wentz after watching Wentz get Pederson fired was like watching a man tie an anchor to his leg and throw it overboard. Meanwhile JT is frantically trying to saw the rope with a knife right now"

"I hate to agree but I think without JT, Wentz would consistently be showing how much of a liability he is."

"Dude why are you people always going to make excuses for him?! He is a subpar quarterback!!!! Get that through your head!!! His stats are weak, and without JT this offense would be dead in the water. Come to terms with reality, Wentz is holding us back!!"

"I’ve been saying this for weeks but being downvoted. For a majority of the year, he has been mediocre at best. The last half of the year, some of the old wentz has started coming back. Overthrowing open receivers and bad decision making. He has been a complete liability in this game, the second titans, and the patriots game (he got bailed out by Taylor.). He has instilled no confidence that he can be the guy going forward."

"The overthrow of a wide open TY today sealed my opinion. He is not the guy. He’s not bad. He can be good. He’s just not going to get the Colts to where they should be."

"Been saying it all year man. Literal fools gold. He has flashes that makes you wanna buy his stock but 99% of the time he is trash."

It's pretty amusing with the consensus being that if they had more than a WR and a TE getting separation that Wentz would be doing much better. Sounds real familiar. He's a franchise QB though!

9 minutes ago, bitbased said:

It's pretty amusing with the consensus being that if they had more than a WR and a TE getting separation that Wentz would be doing much better. Sounds real familiar. He's a franchise QB though!

It's the cycle of Wentz, they are in the excuse making/realizing stage, wait till the injury and then the lockroom issue stages come to the forefront.

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Colts are pretty much in the playoffs.  They beat the Jags, they are in.  But, if they don't... they are pretty much out.  Simple for them.  Win and in versus lose and out.

Actually if they lose and raiders win the Colts are still in the playoffs as the seventh seed over the chargers. That happened with the Miami and Baltimore losses today.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Colts fans have turned on him, some tidbits that seem all too familiar:

"Wentz has not done enough to deserve another year. He will get another year because there is no better option yet"

"He also seems to have zero pocket awareness and holds the ball way too long. I don’t think we’re getting anywhere with him at the helm."

"He doesn't throw accurately when guys are open. He's beyond slow to come off of his primary read to go to his check down. And he's been outrageously lucky in the turnover department. He will never have better conditions to play QB than he's had this year for the most part. Defenses are putting 8 guys in the box on every play and he still goes entire quarters without putting a ball on target"

"Wentz is the ABSOLUTELY the problem on this team and you all know it - you just won't admit it. I don't understand it at all. Open your friggin' eyes folks."

"If Wilson or Rodgers are there you go after them don't waste anymore time with Wentz. Wentz hasn't step up and won a game when he needs to so why invest in him if he can't lift his team to a win. Great players elevate average players not the other way around"

"Reich going after Wentz after watching Wentz get Pederson fired was like watching a man tie an anchor to his leg and throw it overboard. Meanwhile JT is frantically trying to saw the rope with a knife right now"

"I hate to agree but I think without JT, Wentz would consistently be showing how much of a liability he is."

"Dude why are you people always going to make excuses for him?! He is a subpar quarterback!!!! Get that through your head!!! His stats are weak, and without JT this offense would be dead in the water. Come to terms with reality, Wentz is holding us back!!"

"I’ve been saying this for weeks but being downvoted. For a majority of the year, he has been mediocre at best. The last half of the year, some of the old wentz has started coming back. Overthrowing open receivers and bad decision making. He has been a complete liability in this game, the second titans, and the patriots game (he got bailed out by Taylor.). He has instilled no confidence that he can be the guy going forward."

"The overthrow of a wide open TY today sealed my opinion. He is not the guy. He’s not bad. He can be good. He’s just not going to get the Colts to where they should be."

"Been saying it all year man. Literal fools gold. He has flashes that makes you wanna buy his stock but 99% of the time he is trash."

Sounds almost exactly the same we hear from Eagles fans regarding Hurts. If only Wilson or Rodgers were available.

48 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Sounds almost exactly the same we hear from Eagles fans regarding Hurts. If only Wilson or Rodgers were available.

I’ll take it with Hurts. 1.5 mil. Not for Wentz 28mil. You should realize there’s a problem when you’re comparing a six year vet with a 2nd year/first year starter.

23 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

A jags upset would be really funny

Well it would help the Eagles with that pick so that would be nice.

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well it would help the Eagles with that pick so that would be nice.

Well, yeah. But it’s more just given their disaster season to pull off the upset and keep Colts out of the playoffs would be a funny way to end their year

10 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Well, yeah. But it’s more just given their disaster season to pull off the upset and keep Colts out of the playoffs would be a funny way to end their year

Funny in the sense to laugh at Carson’s supporters, but I don’t care all that much about the Colts either way. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Why is this thread still a thing ??

No one is forcing you to come to it. 🤷‍♂️

Archived