Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Wentz gonna Wentz...

Someone months ago wrote how they couldn’t wait for this dude to stick it to the Eagles and go win the Super Bowl with the Colts. Well he was right about sticking it to the Eagles, but he was completely wrong on that Super Bowl talk. 

3 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

I've resolved myself that we aren't getting that 1st rounder.  Conspiracy theory: Wentz really isn't injured, hence why he decided "rest and rehab" over surgery. There is now a built-in excuse for him to miss just enough time (at any time during the season) to not meet the 70/75% threshold.  By doing this now, it is much less "obvious" than coming up with a mystery/non-surgical ailment late in the season when it would be much more obvious they're trying to get out of giving up that 1st rounder.  If, say, it's week 12 or 13 and the Colts stink with Wentz starting every game...but then his foot ailment resurfaces and now they need to shut him down, etc. <_<

:ph34r:

This aged well :whistle:

Even though it was mostly a joke 😬  But, the new news on Wentz is more clear-cut and will about certainly kill the possibility of a 1st rounder.  We would need a miracle now.  Friggin over before it starts.  I was looking forward to the fun of tracking the Colts/Wentz for the draft pick.  Now I guess it'll just be hoping they completely crap the bed so that the 2nd rounder is as high as possible.

So Howie is a genius- he got rid of a broken footed, injury prone QB. Enjoy. How was that injury not detected in college or the pro's?? Drama.

8 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

This aged well :whistle:

Even though it was mostly a joke 😬  But, the new news on Wentz is more clear-cut and will about certainly kill the possibility of a 1st rounder.  We would need a miracle now.  Friggin over before it starts.  I was looking forward to the fun of tracking the Colts/Wentz for the draft pick.  Now I guess it'll just be hoping they completely crap the bed so that the 2nd rounder is as high as possible.

I didn’t expect much with Wentz as their QB anyways. I didn’t expect them to make the playoffs and I had my doubts he could stay healthy anyway. Don’t really understand why people acted like that pick was a slam dunk first anyways. Oh well at this point if he misses any games due to his foot I see little chance he makes up enough games to compensate. He’s going to miss more time.

5-12 weeks? That is a large gap of time.

5 weeks puts it at September 6th, which means the earliest he could play is week 2.

If it is the full 12 weeks, he will be playing in week 9.

Watch him come in between those times enough to play 74% of the snaps.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didn’t expect much with Wentz as their QB anyways. I didn’t expect them to make the playoffs and I had my doubts he could stay healthy anyway. Don’t really understand why people acted like that pick was a slam dunk first anyways. Oh well at this point if he misses any games due to his foot I see little chance he makes up enough games to compensate. He’s going to miss more time.

I was HOPING he could stay healthy enough to only miss a couple of games. I wasn’t sold on them being a playoff team though. 

2 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

5 weeks puts it at September 6th, which means the earliest he could play is week 2.

The best news for the Colts (and the Eagles) as that he decided to get the surgery rather than try and play though pain. The biggest issue is that if he does stay out to the latter number then he can’t afford (from the Eagles perspective) to be out again. Well if he gets knocked out by COVID related issues that kind of killed it. Week 9 is a Thursday night game. Highly unlikely he plays then if he doesn’t go the game prior. Our best bet would be for the Week 5 estimate, but I wouldn’t hold my breath over it. 

My guess is he starts game 1. Sounds like a pretty simple procedure and he's a fast healer with good pain tolerance. He'll want to play week 1.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

It is regarding the draft pick. He’s kind of our problem for one more season (the pick and enormous cap hit) and then he’s pretty much gone. 

Well yeah OK but then I think we accept it is going to be a second round pick. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

My guess is he starts game 1. Sounds like a pretty simple procedure and he's a fast healer with good pain tolerance. He'll want to play week 1.

I doubt it.

22 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Why would the earliest he can play be week 2 when week 1 is the 12th of September?

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Why would the earliest he can play be week 2 when week 1 is the 12th of September?

It is 5-12 weeks from when he has surgery, not today.

By the time he gets back, he will need to practice with the team before he could start. If this was a team that he has been on for the past couple of years, then he would easily be able to slide into the starting position. However, he has just started training camp and has barely played with anyone on the team. He will need at least a week by the time he gets back before they throw him in there.

3 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

By the time he gets back, he will need to practice with the team before he could start. If this was a team that he has been on for the past couple of years, then he would easily be able to slide into the starting position. However, he has just started training camp and has barely played with anyone on the team. He will need at least a week by the time he gets back before they throw him in there.

He had surgery today though

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

He had surgery today though

Even so - the other parts still apply.

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

He's having surgery today. You can play on this if you can tolerate the pain. Guessing he will be back to practice for week 1.

My guess would be that he will be back in mid October. I can't see him on the field in 5 weeks.

I haven't read through this thread, but IMO, even with the lower slotted pick, it was worth it to get rid of the drama, financial drain and lost games that came with having him on the roster.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

So Howie is a genius- he got rid of a broken footed, injury prone QB. Enjoy. How was that injury not detected in college or the pro's?? Drama.

We have a topic for this already.

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

👀

🤣

Could you imagine? Nick snuffs the starting job from Carson? Sure it hurts Philly but it would be the ultimate F U to him from a Philly Legend.

Archived