Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

Funny how one moment people want the thread closed now suddenly want to post. 😂

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/11/2021 at 11:35 PM, downundermike said:

Still one of my favorite tweets ever

And the follow up

in that second tweet, at the risk of yet another medical argument, a stress fracture of the spine can be non contact (they tend to be related to unusual mechanical forces and / or overuse), he had a stress fracture of the spine in college and I don't recall ever hearing about another QB having a stress fracture of the spine. So that tweet is at least 75% horse apples.

15 hours ago, Mortimer said:

What is Wentz's playoff win/loss record?

aha_.gif

Is that somehow relevant to the pick conveying?   

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Big___Al said:

You're sticking up fro (sic) Wentz and he got hurt in a playoff game..  

Same question to you...

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Is that somehow relevant to the pick conveying?   

giphy.gif

Same question to you...

It is relevant to that guy's "favorite" tweet, espousing Wentz's Cal-Ripken Jr.-like injury resistance. 

The man is not even on the team anymore and the defenders of the faith still can't stop swallowing his seed.

Just now, Mortimer said:

It is relevant to that guy's "favorite" tweet, espousing Wentz's Cal-Ripken Jr.-like injury resistance. 

The man is not even on the team anymore and the defender's of the faith still can't stop swallowing his seed.

Very mature response.   Truth is, his injury history, as amazingly horrific and long as many want to point to has NOT caused him to miss enough of a season to result in the 2nd round pick versus the 1st round pick, except for one year.   ONE... out of 5.  Now, if you think that the odds are dramatically stacked against the Eagles, that's your bias, and your problem.

But, please keep up the Strawmen and insults coming.  It really helps to strengthen your argument... or is that just the only tool you have left because the facts aren't on your side?

SimilarDiscreteJavalina-size_restricted.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Very mature response.   Truth is, his injury history, as amazingly horrific and long as many want to point to has NOT caused him to miss enough of a season to result in the 2nd round pick versus the 1st round pick, except for one year.   ONE... out of 5.  Now, if you think that the odds are dramatically stacked against the Eagles, that's your bias, and your problem.

But, please keep up the Strawmen and insults coming.  It really helps to strengthen your argument... or is that just the only tool you have left because the facts aren't on your side?

SimilarDiscreteJavalina-size_restricted.

The facts on "my side" are that Wentz has never won a playoff game

4 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Again, that's irrelevant to the pick.  But keep banging that drum.  And frankly, it would be in the Eagles' best interest for the Colts not to win a playoff game.   See, what you can't seem to understand is that for the Eagles to get their best outcome, Wentz would need to be relatively effective, keeping the Colts in the playoff picture, but then miss the playoffs in the end, or if they make the playoffs be one and done.  So, as an Eagles' fan, we should hope for that winless record in the playoffs to continue.  But, you are the one that seems so emotionally invested in your hatred of Wentz, for whatever reason, to not see what the best outcome would be for the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

And that has zero relevance on the Eagles ability to get the Colts first round pick. Carson Wentz has done what he needed to do 80% of the time for the Eagles to get that pick.

Just now, Big___Al said:

0/1 as a starter.

0 relevance.   But keep the hate flowing.   This thread is supposed to be about the conditional pick, not the playoff record.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

0 relevance.   But keep the hate flowing.   This thread is supposed to be about the conditional pick, not the playoff record.

What hate? You're reading too much into my emotions. Others may hate; I was just answering the question. The question was, what is Wentz's playoff record. 0/1.

But enough about hate. Let's talk about love. Nick Foles, for instance. 4/2 in playoffs; Super Bowl victory and MVP; already 2 times in the Hall of Fame, and a statue outside our stadium.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

And that has zero relevance on the Eagles ability to get the Colts first round pick. Carson Wentz has done what he needed to do 80% of the time for the Eagles to get that pick.

It has about as much relevance as your favorite tweet you posted.  What will he do this year is anyone's guess.

16 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wentz didnt win a playoff game !

derp.gif.49155c4d42623766610063b25e0c2fb4.gif

And still, HE must be protected at all costs.  He's married, btw.  You have no shot.

Here we go. Wentz rushes back, and his fanboys go Gaga all over it. Tell everyone how wrong they were about their god. Then just when the both the Colts and Eagles need him he gets hurt or turns to trash and gets benched. His fanboys proceed to blame Reich and the Colts and demand this thread to be shut down again all while decreeing that NEXT SEASON WE WILL SEE THE REAL CARSON! 😂

53 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Here we go. Wentz rushes back, and his fanboys go Gaga all over it. Tell everyone how wrong they were about their god. Then just when the both the Colts and Eagles need him he gets hurt or turns to trash and gets benched. His fanboys proceed to blame Reich and the Colts and demand this thread to be shut down again all while decreeing that NEXT SEASON WE WILL SEE THE REAL CARSON! 😂

So is Quenton Nelson also rushing back ?? Same injury, same surgery, same timeline, also trending to play week 1.

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So is Quenton Nelson also rushing back ?? Same injury, same surgery, same timeline, also trending to play week 1.

Why are you even posting here? Don’t you want this thread shut down? Why are you adding to it? And Lane rushed back last season from an injury to and was shut down so yes! Players from other positions can foolishly rush back too. With that being the case all I care about regarding your deity is if we will or won’t get that first. I care nothing about the Colts otherwise.  

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Why are you even posting here? Don’t you want this thread shut down? Why are you adding to it? And Lane rushed back last season from an injury to and was shut down so yes! Players from other positions can foolishly rush back too. With that being the case all I care about regarding your deity is if we will or won’t get that first. I care nothing about the Colts otherwise.  

Find one post where I said that I wanted to shut this thread down

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Find one post where I said that I wanted to shut this thread down

So you’re stating right now that you never once wanted this thread closed? 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So you’re stating right now that you never once wanted this thread closed? 

I've wanted it closed several times lol. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I've wanted it closed several times lol. 

So did downunder. He wants to act like he didn’t but he did.290886A8-AE34-4402-9E59-919141A28490.thumb.png.732e9024631dcf09bc58bfdc28673263.png

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

So did downunder. He wants to act like he didn’t but he did.290886A8-AE34-4402-9E59-919141A28490.thumb.png.732e9024631dcf09bc58bfdc28673263.png

Well if we want to get technical we all thought it was over and didn't care if the thread was locked lol. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well if we want to get technical we all thought it was over and didn't care if the thread was locked lol. 

It’s not going to be completely over until the pick is finally given out. Once this is done and over with I will be happy. When it comes to Wentz all I care about is the pick, but I do get irked when I see people trash Hurts after playing 4 games, but those same people made endless excuses for Carson last year. I mean one guy actually wrote the Eagles have weapons and now no quarterback. It’s the same friggin weapons from last season. 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

It’s not going to be completely over until the pick is finally given out. Once this is done and over with I will be happy. 

I'm sure someone on here or in the eagles universe will be tracking every single snap that effer plays lol. So we should know once he hits the 75% . 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If he was gonna be out 12 weeks, it made sense.  You make it sound like we wanted it closed over hurt feelings.  Now that the timeline is week 1, and the first is on the table, that means the thread should stay open.  Use some common sense.

Archived