EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

I don’t think the birds would crush the Falcons if they played again. I think it would be much closer to 50/50.

Im still shocked Smith wasn’t able to catch all 103 receiving yards from his buddy Hurts. What a bust.

Eh we briefly discussed this last week, but I think we would crush them again. They are a really bad team. They got crushed by us and the Bucs, they barely beat the Giants, Dolphins, and Jets. Lost a close one to the WFT. And lost a close one to Carolina. Again, if you look at my tiers of teams, they are the top of the trash heap of teams, but they're still trash. Their point differential is -47. That's bad. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yeah I think it would have been between Paye/Farley. I get why people would have been good with the trade down with the Bears, I'm just happier that Howie was "forced" to take a good player higher up. That's all. And, I think who the Giants end up with does matter somewhat. But more from 10,000 feet up kind of way. Ultimately, it would not have shocked me to see them take Farley at 20 and hype up that he would have been a top 10 pick and they got a steal. Howie's MO really. 

I think he was in play. I have a harder time seeing howie pulling the trigger on Farley at 20 after being burned by a injured corner in jones and after his last 2 firsts had looked underwhelming so far. It was easier to do that with Dickerson in the second round then if he tried that in the first. I personally think it would’ve been paye tbh 

Jets  -92

Dolphins -95

Texans -122 (Jesus Christ)

WFT -71

NYG -44

Bears -72

Lions -110

Falcons -47 

Jags -80

Only other teams with negative differentials are Chargers, Chiefs, Steelers, and 49ers, and all are pretty close to 0. We are a robust +12. Buffalo and Zona only teams over +100, with 120 and 108 respectively. Tampa and Rams next closest at +77 each. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think he was in play. I have a harder time seeing howie pulling the trigger on Farley at 20 after being burned by a injured corner in jones and after his last 2 firsts had looked underwhelming so far. It was easier to do that with Dickerson in the second round then if he tried that in the first. I personally think it would’ve been paye tbh 

Howie - "Hold my manischewitz"

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Prediction: Smith goes catchless against the Bills this week. 

I’ll bet he doesn’t get tackled by any Bills player this week!

We’re 3-5. Panthers are currently in the final playoff spot and we beat them. 

Now is the time… 4pm is the last chance to get it done… bring him back and let’s go for another ring.. 

67445008-64EE-4D04-A86B-9F381260067B.jpeg

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

sadly they have a chance cause everyone after the top 6 in the nfc stinks. And the saints likely see a drop off with siemian or hill out there. Plus we have a bunch of winnable games against the broncos, saints (without Jameis now), jets, giants twice and Washington twice. Might only take 8-9 to get in. Still only see the eagles get six wins as their ceiling tho 

D00DE3DE-10E6-451A-AFD7-9C2FBAD6DCB9.jpeg

I don't see it. Minnesota, San Fran and Atlanta all played one less game. Seattle is getting Wilson back after the bye. Saints still have a good D, and Winston was playing game manager. Siemian can do that. I know its technically a possibility and it will be talked about for a while because there's a bunch of mediocre teams in the middle.

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Who? 

You had the easy dunk to go with Omeni-who? but you Simmonsed it.

45 minutes ago, RLC said:

The language is clearly "we didn't get a good enough offer"

To be honest, I think this makes sense.  Sure Dillard will cost them next year in terms of cap space but he's not a huge hit. He's played fairly well as a starter.  If the team sees him as an above average starter, why trade him for less than a 2nd.  

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I do have a schedule question...

Why in week 15 are there 4 or 5 games not scheduled. It's only week 15(the Eagles/redskins game is one of the 5. 

Is this just a money grab to put the "most popular games" on that Saturday?

Yes. It will be games that have playoff implications. 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't see it. Minnesota, San Fran and Atlanta all played one less game. Seattle is getting Wilson back after the bye. Saints still have a good D, and Winston was playing game manager. Siemian can do that. I know its technically a possibility and it will be talked about for a while because there's a bunch of mediocre teams in the middle.

I look at it this way, i tend to think whoever gets the 7 seed is likely going to be 8-9. Imo the eagles split with Washington and the giants, that’s 5 wins. Beat the jets that is 6. Meaning they have to somehow figure out how to beat the saints and broncos to get to 8. I don’t see it either. Chance but it’s unlikely.

unless somehow the eagles sweep Washington or the giants. If they go 3-1 against the giants and Washington i think it becomes more realistic. Cause to get to 8 just need to beat the jets and one of saints or broncos which i don’t think is impossible but also not likely they beat the saints or broncos. 

15 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

We’re 3-5. Panthers are currently in the final playoff spot and we beat them. 

Now is the time… 4pm is the last chance to get it done… bring him back and let’s go for another ring.. 

67445008-64EE-4D04-A86B-9F381260067B.jpeg

Not sure if serious but this team needs a lot more than some Foles magic to get them in the playoffs.

While everything clicked against the lions on both sides of the ball it was against a team who might not win a game this year.

Have to see more of last week before it's anything more than a mirage 

14 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Not sure if serious but this team needs a lot more than some Foles magic to get them in the playoffs.

While everything clicked against the lions on both sides of the ball it was against a team who might not win a game this year.

Have to see more of last week before it's anything more than a mirage 

I think he knows already that Foles has refused a trade back to Philly; it's just part of a schtick.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hate stupid troll tweets like this

We’re obviously trading for Watson. Boom. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Urlacher confirmed. 

You forgot the zzzzzzzz. Urlacherzzzzzz

Heard Larry Fitzgerald is at the Philly airport 

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I got a funny feeling OBJ gets traded. 

He looks so disinterested, they dont use him and i can think of 8-10 teams that would need home and love him

I am sure teams are calling them about him.  I don't think his deal prevents him from being traded.  

46 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I look at it this way, i tend to think whoever gets the 7 seed is likely going to be 8-9. Imo the eagles split with Washington and the giants, that’s 5 wins. Beat the jets that is 6. Meaning they have to somehow figure out how to beat the saints and broncos to get to 8. I don’t see it either. Chance but it’s unlikely.

unless somehow the eagles sweep Washington or the giants. If they go 3-1 against the giants and Washington i think it becomes more realistic. Cause to get to 8 just need to beat the jets and one of saints or broncos which i don’t think is impossible but also not likely they beat the saints or broncos. 

Just imagine if they actually did make the playoffs as a 7 seed. They get to play Packers, Cardinals, Bucs or Cowboys and get pantsed again on a nation stage. 

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hate stupid troll tweets like this

I enjoy them immensely. 

Archived