EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

The giant do a great job of being offsides at the perfect time

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The giant do a great job of being offsides at the perfect time

Too bad the Eagles tanked Week 17 or the Giants could stay onside. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Flag city

And that wasn’t even a facemask. 

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Too bad the Eagles tanked Week 17 or the Giants could stay onside. 

Those jackasses have that Bears 2022 first round pick as a direct result of our tanking.

We don’t tank and they are drafting right where they traded down to.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Those jackasses have that Bears 2022 first round pick as a direct result of our tanking.

We don’t tank and they are drafting right where they traded down to.

Yea but we didn’t allow them to make the playoffs with 6 wins. 

Gez that schedule is absolutely brutal especially with no bye week coming up anytime soon and the offense still floundering since that Buffalo game. 

20 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Mahomes can't get out of his own head.  I think last year's bad OL has ruined some of his confidence.

him running his pie hole about going undefeated this season aged well.

Guess we won't be hearing much from the "Bienemy should be a head coach" crowd for a while.  

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Sounds like both the source and solution to all our problems…

It's pretty much what Gannon wants to do, he just doesn't have the horses to make it work against good QBs. Give him a solid safety with range and a 3 down LB, and this defense looks much better. Doesn't have to be a top 5 pick, just the solid guys you get in the late 1st and 2nd rounds - which is why a trade down is not out of the question with the Miami pick, do you want one player or three top 50 picks? If the Eagles add 3 D starters and 2-3 solid reserves, this suddenly becomes a young, athletic defense. The only players worth taking at the top of the draft are elite pass rushers, CBs can be schemed around, and few safeties are worth that high of a pick.

25 minutes ago, austinfan said:

It's pretty much what Gannon wants to do, he just doesn't have the horses to make it work against good QBs. Give him a solid safety with range and a 3 down LB, and this defense looks much better. Doesn't have to be a top 5 pick, just the solid guys you get in the late 1st and 2nd rounds - which is why a trade down is not out of the question with the Miami pick, do you want one player or three top 50 picks? If the Eagles add 3 D starters and 2-3 solid reserves, this suddenly becomes a young, athletic defense. The only players worth taking at the top of the draft are elite pass rushers, CBs can be schemed around, and few safeties are worth that high of a pick.

After Thibodeaux there are at least 4-5 guys I take before the next pass rusher.  And I agree, "few” safeties are worth that high of a pic.” Hamilton is one of them. 

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think what you’re seeing is mahomes is not having the year he’s had in the past. but their weapons outside of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are really just not that good. Mecole Hardman has never taken the next step to be at least a number 2 wide receiver behind hill. Robinson and Pringle are backup WRs. Even kelce hasn’t been as dynamic as he has in the past. If this was a 16 game season he’d be on pace for 1088 yards. Which is still really good but as compared to the last three years where he averaged 1327. His yards per catch are also down by 1.2 yards as compared to the last 3 years. 

i also don’t think their line is nearly as good as they thought it was going to be when they revamped it this offseason. 

And where's the run game ? There really doesn't seem to be one... Clyde seems like he wasn't worth a 1st rounder. 

2 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

And where's the run game ? There really doesn't seem to be one... Clyde seems like he wasn't worth a 1st rounder. 

Williams really hasn’t been all that great running the ball since CEH got hurt. Williams is averaging 3.5 yards per carry since CEH’s injury. CEH began looking better until the bills game where he got hurt. The other confusing part with CEH is they really don’t utilize him in the passing game.  he was really good at that his last year at LSU. He had 8 receptions in 5 games so far this year. 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Highly doubt it. They been to 3 consecutive afc title games, won a super bowl and been to 2 Super Bowls prior to this year. They’d be dumb to fire him cause they aren’t going to get a better coach then him at this point. This just feels like a super bowl hangover. 

Exactly.  People seem to forget that the Super Bowl loser almost always misses the playoffs the following year.   Happens all the time.

15 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Flip out is a bad choice of words.  But people are getting pretty uptight about hurts when the kid is learning the position and I’m an overall pretty messy situation with zero defense, zero running game. Horrible balance in play calling.  

let’s go empty backfield and shotgun on 3rd and goal.  No pressure on the young man at all right?  What could go wrong?

Dude, his performance has been abysmal and he's not getting better.  But like I said if they want to give him a year so be it. That said I'll still bish about his performance on a message board as I see fit

14 minutes ago, greend said:

Dude, his performance has been abysmal and he's not getting better.  But like I said if they want to give him a year so be it. That said I'll still bish about his performance on a message board as I see fit

Yup.

Heard Ross Tucker talking about the Chargers' Defense today on the radio.  I like Tucker, but for him to believe that the Chargers will line up in 2 deep the whole game and just let the Eagles run on them is a bit naive.  Maybe I have watched this team too much, but I think any professional coach when he watches this offense will not fear the deep pass or even chunk pass plays against this offense.  So, the 2 high look won't be there much on Sunday.  

Frankly, I'm not sure that I would even put 1 safety high.  I think I would start in a 1 high safety look, with the other safety sitting in the Hurts' happy zone to his right... and the high safety would walk down towards the box at the snap, from the left hash.  The RDE would be in charge of holding that edge and not letting the RB get wide and force the runner into the middle to where the safety is coming from.   The LDE would be in charge of holding the other edge and not giving Hurts what he so desperately wants, which is the chance to bounce out of the pocket to his right.  Complete and total mush rush from the edges.  The DTs can just rush however they wish, and force Hurts to throw from inside the pocket, and the safeties being so close to the LOS makes it much harder to run, and if the Eagles aren't getting 5+ ypc, they aren't going to stick to the running game for long.   

And on the flip side... does this defense actually have enough to stop the Chargers' Offense?  Nah, I don't think so.  So, I see the Chargers getting out to an early lead, then reverting to the 2 high safety look in the second half, and some extra garbage time yards and points.

16 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  

I heard someone reference that last week.  I’ve never seen the movie.  Looks stupid.  So, would mind explaining?

Zoolander was a really low IQ male model , who could not turn left on the runway.   Thats the reference, Hurts cant throw left. 

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They are asking way too much for a guy who may get suspended for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Zoolander was a really low IQ male model , who could not turn left on the runway.   Thats the reference, Hurts cant throw left. 

Thanks.  I also had no clue, but I was ok with my ignorance.  Knowing fills a hole in my cultural references understanding I never knew existed.

Archived