EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

30 minutes ago, RLC said:

Joe Judge is easily the worst coach in the NFL.

David Culley would like a word after he turns down this penalty to punt instead of repeating third down.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all. He would be that Dolphins pick if it ends up at 2 or 3. But I would take the DE over him if the Lions go QB at 1. We need the Texans to win a game or two. They probably would take Neal or Kayvon. So if we are picking 3 and say the Lions and Texans go Kayvon and Neal. I'm not sure who I take at 3. Maybe Leal but I think possibly trade back to 5-8 range. 

I’d take a DE over him also. But it Just feels like an Eagles kind of pick. In that scenario I’m going Hamilton, depending on the injury. I know it’s rare to take a S that high, but man he’s going to be an All Pro. 
Leal, Hutchinson, Stingley are good options there. 

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

IMO…there are a few types of backup qbs:

Failed highly drafted starters on a rehab stint: ex, Sam Darnold, although he’s starting right now.  David Carr with the Giants is an example.

Over the hill former starters who have produced in the league: ex Flacco.

Young mid/later draft picks getting coached up by the team that drafted them.

Spot starters who have played well in stretches but aren’t going to get a real opportunity: Fitzpatrick, Foles, Tyrod Taylor. 

IMO, Hurts doesn’t even slot into one of these categories.  I do think his mobility will make him a disruptive backup qb for in game emergencies. I would not want him as a backup to actually start a few games.  He’s just too miserable as a passer and other backups will be better there.  

Tim Tebow territory… I’m sure someone else thought it.

1 minute ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Tim Tebow territory… I’m sure someone else thought it.

Tebow has always been the best comp for Hurts.

27 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Agreed, and you gotta get a linebacker on day 2. I personally do not like Pickett either but understand the grab there. Green could be in play for us in the top 10. Can play RT or OG.

I’m pretty locked into LB at the top of the 2nd, unless Linderbaum is there (Kelce is likely out, yes?).

If the giants win or stay within 10 points then 10 of the 15 underdogs this weekend covered. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kansas City D is so bad 

Literally crumpled to the ground instead of getting a pick six. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

If KC misses the playoffs, does that put Reid on the hotseat?

Highly doubt it. They been to 3 consecutive afc title games, won a super bowl and been to 2 Super Bowls prior to this year. They’d be dumb to fire him cause they aren’t going to get a better coach then him at this point. This just feels like a super bowl hangover. 

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

When was the last time KC was relevant? Reid probably has that job until he doesn’t want it anymore

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Lol what? He just had back to back Super Bowl appearances and 3 straight AFCCG appearances. Lurie doesn’t own the Chiefs. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Lol what? He just had back to back Super Bowl appearances and 3 straight AFCCG appearances. Lurie doesn’t own the Chiefs. 

If i were the chiefs I’d be more concerned that reid could walk away. His son dealing with what he’s dealing with. And then a health issue earlier this season where he missed the press conference. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If i were the chiefs I’d be more concerned that reid could walk away. His son dealing with what he’s dealing with. And then a health issue earlier this season where he missed the press conference. 

I don’t think Reid knows how to walk away

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Highly doubt it. They been to 3 consecutive afc title games, won a super bowl and been to 2 Super Bowls prior to this year. They’d be dumb to fire him cause they aren’t going to get a better coach then him at this point. This just feels like a super bowl hangover. 

Not fired, but on the hotseat. If he misses the playoffs again next year, you'll start hearing chatter for him to be sent packing.

Especially with the media's hard-on for Bienemy.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think Reid knows how to walk away

I’d agree when he was younger. However if his health issue gets worse i think he might be forced too. I am hoping it isn’t too bad but never know until they divulge what it exactly it was 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d agree when he was younger. However if his health issue gets worse i think he might be forced too. I am hoping it isn’t too bad but never know until they divulge what it exactly it was 

I read somewhere it was just dehydration 

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

And you simps thought Mahomes was proven already!

I think what you’re seeing is mahomes is not having the year he’s had in the past. but their weapons outside of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are really just not that good. Mecole Hardman has never taken the next step to be at least a number 2 wide receiver behind hill. Robinson and Pringle are backup WRs. Even kelce hasn’t been as dynamic as he has in the past. If this was a 16 game season he’d be on pace for 1088 yards. Which is still really good but as compared to the last three years where he averaged 1327. His yards per catch are also down by 1.2 yards as compared to the last 3 years. 

i also don’t think their line is nearly as good as they thought it was going to be when they revamped it this offseason. 

7 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Has the NFL figured out Mahomes. He looks very ordinary lately.

You can’t really figure out a historically great arm paired to an effortless release packaged in a solid athlete who floats around inside and outside the pocket while still scanning progressions deep downfield…with the best separating weapons in the nfl.

IMO, the problem lies internally with Mahomes.  Most great qbs hit a spot in their career where things stop being so easy.  Happened to Brees, Brady, Favre, Manning.  He just got used to flicking the ball everywhere for 80 yard TDs.  Time to dial it back a bit, focus on fundamental accuracy and decision making, then work back to where he was.  

Mahomes can't get out of his own head.  I think last year's bad OL has ruined some of his confidence.

Archived