EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

"Can Devonta Smith be trusted against the Bills?“

It’s time to panic on DeVonta Smith. Despite seeing 9 or more targets in three of his last five games, Smith has posted more than 60 yards only twice. He has yet to score since Week 1 and is coming off a new season-low in Week 8. He caught just 1 of 3 targets for 15 yards as the Eagles passed a mere 14 times in a blowout win over the Detroit Lions.

Smith has finished as a WR2 or better in just two contests, while he’s been the WR71 or worse in four. Despite the 2021 rookie class of receivers being highly touted coming into the season, the majority have fizzled aside from Ja’Marr Chase. In Week 9, the Eagles face the Buffalo Bills. They are No. 2 in points allowed to WRs per game at 26.41 and have allowed just 122.3 receiving yards to WRs per game and 2 TDs all season. Smith is a lower-end WR4 in Week 9 and should remain on your bench this week.“

- profootballnetwork.com

Wow, that is some top notch reporting. Glad we have some real journalism taking time and effort. 😁

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Infam said:

It’s time to panic on DeVonta Smith. Despite seeing 9 or more targets in three of his last five games, Smith has posted more than 60 yards only twice. He has yet to score since Week 1 and is coming off a new season-low in Week 8. He caught just 1 of 3 targets for 15 yards as the Eagles passed a mere 14 times in a blowout win over the Detroit Lions.

Smith has finished as a WR2 or better in just two contests, while he’s been the WR71 or worse in four. Despite the 2021 rookie class of receivers being highly touted coming into the season, the majority have fizzled aside from Ja’Marr Chase. In Week 9, the Eagles face the Buffalo Bills. They are No. 2 in points allowed to WRs per game at 26.41 and have allowed just 122.3 receiving yards to WRs per game and 2 TDs all season. Smith is a lower-end WR4 in Week 9 and should remain on your bench this week.“

- profootballnetwork.com

Wow, that is some top notch reporting. Glad we have some real journalism taking time and effort. 😁

If we had a QB who could get him the ball, Smith might be leading all rookie WR's 

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

- profootballnetwork.com

It’s a fantasy football article. You get what you deserve. 

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

Part of the Chiefs issue is Wentzitis. Mahomes is throwing a lot of passes to one player (Hill) as he trusts him to get open and be productive and teams keying on on it.  That and the luck they had with side arm passes etc has probably regressed to the norm, so it shows more than other teams who aren't so successful. 

And in all honesty.  The Chiefs have spent a few season sniffing their own taint and you can see a level of entitlement in that team.

Just goes to show you in the NFL nothing will last for long....except the Patriots because they cheated.

15 minutes ago, Infam said:

- profootballnetwork.com

Eagles don’t play the Bills

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Well trash day is usually Monday on my neighborhood. Must be a different day in Houston 

29 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I'm starting to think that the bottom third of the first round and the second round are the sweet spots of the upcoming draft. Lot's of good DBs and DEs to be had in that range. In addition, there are intriguing OL and LBs. I would like the Eagles to trade at least one of their top picks for at least a first and second this year and a future first.

That seems unlikely.   More likely would be a 1st this year and either a second this year or a first next year.   Personally, I'd prefer the first in 2023. 

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

No shi., Sherlock.

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

According to this article they do. 😄

It's early and I am tired.  

What Are You Gonna Do GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Also crazy butterfly effect...

Eagles dont trade up for Devonta 

Giants Take Devonta(not Toney)

Cowboys still take Parsons

Eagles trade back with the Bears giving us potentially 4 first rounders in 2022. 

As soon as I saw the Bears/Giants trade, I wished the Eagles had done that. I knew the Bears would be terrible this year. Would have been the most fun draft ever! Potentially 4 top 10 picks.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

This kinda scares me about the report that Mitchell is going to the Redskins. I like Trubisky and think he can be a Josh Allen Light and that Nagy is just a terrible head coach. With a great defense and a quasi decent(middle of the pack starter) the Skins can be dangerous. 

BUT!!!!  Riverboat Ron is terrible HC. Extremely overrated and I fear nothing about the Skins if he's still there. 

Yeah that's it Trubisky sucks because of nagy.

Trubisky is no better than hurts, he's a one read run around and do something stupid QB.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The last day of Deshaun Watson rumors for the next 3ish months. Sad day. 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The last day of Deshaun Watson rumors for the next 3ish months. Sad day. 

Lol, you think the rumours will stop? How naïve 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Lol, you think the rumours will stop? How naïve 

They will stop for a couple months because there's nothing to happen. Late January they will pick back up. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

They will stop for a couple months because there's nothing to happen. Late January they will pick back up. 

Might pick up January 10

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Gaints should beat the Eagles. Eagles are really bad. - All the Giants fans and probably most of the country

wrong 

Archived