EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If I were Doug, would I want to coach the Jags? That team has a history and it ain't pretty.

I think this comes down to what other Jobs are available. So far bears and raiders are about the only other teams we know are moving on or have besides the jags. I think Vikings could. I wouldn’t want the Vikings job unless they let me draft another QB cause i don’t want cousins. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What's more interesting are the four PS guys they're protecting, Awosika, McCain, Stevens, Huntley.

Huntley might be due to need, but the other three are to protect them from bad teams poaching them the last couple games, which suggests they're projected to push for 53 spots next season. They've already signed Clark for next year, which probably means they plan to move Dillard in the offseason.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

That points per game number for the offense is false. When you take away all the defensive scores it’s actually 24 points per game

I get 29.875 total (44+24+30+40+7+33+27+34 divided by 8 ) 26.375 for the Offense ( 37+24+23+33+7+33+27+27 divided by 8 ) and 3.5 for the Defense (7+0+7+7+0+0+0+7 divided by 8 )

So his 29.3 is half a point per game low and your 24 is over 2 points low per game.

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Well that's not promising in terms of Howard's availability.  

Not sure what to make of it. He wasn't healthy during TC. He had workouts with Washington, Packers and Vikings since who all didn't bother putting him on the PS. Seems like he's done. 

Sanders looks like he had surgery so he's out for the year unless the improbable happens and they reach the NFCCG or maybe divisional round. I guess we'll find out more about Howard tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Yup, when ones whole offense is predicated on the QB making 5 big plays to win one doesn't need to know how to read a defense 

If the NFL were backyard football drawing up plays in the sand Randall probably wins multiple super bowls as it's not he won 0 ☹️

His knee injury changed him and then he did not want to learn the position and could not work with Gruden.  He was robbed of a chance at the Super Bowl when in Minnesota.   

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

So the defense is scoring an average of 5 points per game?  Didn't know that.  That's pretty good when your defense can get almost a TD per game themselves. 

4 TDs in the 8 games.  3.5 points per game in those 8 games.  Fletcher Cox also has a TD in the Dallas game.

16 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If I were Doug, would I want to coach the Jags? That team has a history and it ain't pretty.

He would get Trevor Lawrence, high draft picks, low expectations. He lives in South Florida now so he's only about a 5-6 hr drive away. No state income tax. Seems like an ideal job for him.

The questions with Doug remain what's his plan for building a coaching staff and keeping his team healthy. I don't think it's a coincidence the Eagles are all of a sudden not devastated by injuries like they'd been the previous 4 years.

1 hour ago, olsilverhair said:

yep Im pretty much full of crapola

you might dish it out, but you can also take it. we could use a few more like you.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im looking at RBs. Ive been through the top 7 on TDN's rankings. 

My order so far would be 

1. Walker

2. Charbonnet

3. Haskins

4. Spiller

5. Breece Hall

Im not interested in Kyren Williams. Hes a Boston Scott type.

Badie is intriguing as a 3rd down option due to his extreme speed, but he has no business being  6th overall on a list of RBs. He needs to be ranked in the separate classification of 3rd down backs. 

I dont know why Haskins is 7th on the TDN list. He could arguably be 2nd on my list at this point. However. Charbonnet just looks to be little bit bigger, and a little more dominating. Which says a lot because Haskins runs like Lynch. But,  Charbonnet looks like a Blount clone. Could it be an optical illusion since Charbonnet is running through Pac12 defenders and Haskins is running in the big10? It might be. But I think its real.

Where do you see those 5 taken in the Draft?

9 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I mean any coaching job has drawbacks. What coaching job out there is going to better? The Panthers, Raiders, Broncos and Bears are the other likely slots.  I don't think any of them have a better QB situation. I think Raiders likely have more talent but that place seems like it's a likely zoo.  The Jags have problems in the FO.  I do think Doug could get the team coached up and performing on offense.    

2 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Another reminder on reporting posts.  Guys, you all report each other a lot.  This place is like a sports bar, quit reporting every little thing.  Use some sense.  Especially when you all go at each other and report each other.  Grow up, have some thick skin.  It's the internet there's going to be some trash talk. At the same time, if you're replying to every football related post with an insult take it easy this isn't RnR.  Use some sense.

Revisit the pinned guidelines.  By all means report posts you think cross the line.

I can not believe that anyone has reported anyone in this Blog.  That boggles my mind.   

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What's more interesting are the four PS guys they're protecting, Awosika, McCain, Stevens, Huntley.

Huntley might be due to need, but the other three are to protect them from bad teams poaching them the last couple games, which suggests they're projected to push for 53 spots next season. They've already signed Clark for next year, which probably means they plan to move Dillard in the offseason.

I would hope they move him for a 2023 pick.  

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

He would get Trevor Lawrence, high draft picks, low expectations. He lives in South Florida now so he's only about a 5-6 hr drive away. No state income tax. Seems like an ideal job for him.

The questions with Doug remain what's his plan for building a coaching staff and keeping his team healthy. I don't think it's a coincidence the Eagles are all of a sudden not devastated by injuries like they'd been the last 4 years.

That's a very good point. I wonder what's different? More physical pre-season with Doug? Wrong ice cream? Something else?

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This is my biggest problem and it tends to happen with only one person on the blog/emb. About 90% of his posts are him just flinging an insult at the end thinking it makes him look cool or he thinks it solidifies his conclusion. 

Why don't you put him on Ignore User?

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not sure what to make of it. He wasn't healthy during TC. He had workouts with Washington, Packers and Vikings since who all didn't bother putting him on the PS. Seems like he's done. 

Sanders looks like he had surgery so he's out for the year unless the improbable happens and they reach the NFCCG or maybe divisional round. I guess we'll find out more about Howard tomorrow. 

I think with Sanders out and Howard iffy that Sirianni knows the run game isn’t going to function with Gainwell and Scott running between the tackles.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

To me Howard is strong in the sense that he hits the hole hard, and isnt easy to bring down more so due to his size and momentum, but not necessarily physicality. But I dont see him delivering blows to tacklers too often, or running over and through guys. 

Haskins is running in to tacklers, and putting them down and he keeps going. Hes angry physical. Not just strong and hard to bring down. Lynch, Blount, and Lawrence Maroney ran angry and delivered the punishment. Haskins looks more like them than Howard to me.

I think Haskins has a little more elusiveness to him than Howard as well. Like Lynch did.

The concern I have with that angry style is that the runner often is delivering punishment to himself as well as the defenders.  That punishment takes its toll.

8 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I can not believe that anyone has reported anyone in this Blog.  That boggles my mind.   

99.99% of all reports are from this blog.  It's rare to get a report from literally any other topic or forum.  And mostly it's for the dumbest things.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I'd normally agree that a reliable RB that can catch is important but it seems Hurts doesn't look at the RBs in the passing game as RBs are usually not 1st option in passing game and hurts rarely looks past his first option.

When he does it seems he hits them late or not accurately.

The running backs with Minshew looked a better in the passing game than they have all year under hurts, I just think prioritizing recording ability in a back with hurts isnt as important as that skill won't be as utilized with hurts under center 

The Giants game on Sunday was an exception to that in my opinion.  I was tracking rushing yards hoping the Eagles would once again get to 175 or 200 and Hurts chose on several occasions to throw a short pass at the end of his scramble rather than continuing with the scramble past the line of scrimmage.

3 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

99.99% of all reports are from this blog.  It's rare to get a report from literally any other topic or forum.  And mostly it's for the dumbest things.

EMB funny Blog slap fight.gif

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think with Sanders out and Howard iffy that Sirianni knows the run game isn’t going to function with Gainwell and Scott running between the tackles.

Sure, but is it going to with Kerryon? He wasn't exactly good the last time he played and he couldn't make it through TC to even play in the preseason. Apparently he was on SF at some point too. So 5 teams including the Eagles passed on him within the last 5 months. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I was thinking Davey and Goliath.

Oh you’re unfamiliar with Dennis Crockett? He’s davey’s less famous cousin

Just now, Moderator6 said:

Nailed it.  

Was shocker one of the clones of that account you banned?

Archived