EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im looking at RBs. Ive been through the top 7 on TDN's rankings. 

My order so far would be 

1. Walker

2. Charbonnet

3. Haskins

4. Spiller

5. Breece Hall

Im not interested in Kyren Williams. Hes a Boston Scott type.

Badie is intriguing as a 3rd down option due to his extreme speed, but he has no business being  6th overall on a list of RBs. He needs to be ranked in the separate classification of 3rd down backs. 

I dont know why Haskins is 7th on the TDN list. He could arguably be 2nd on my list at this point. However. Charbonnet just looks to be little bit bigger, and a little more dominating. Which says a lot because Haskins runs like Lynch. But,  Charbonnet looks like a Blount clone. Could it be an optical illusion since Charbonnet is running through Pac12 defenders and Haskins is running in the big10? It might be. But I think its real. 

I thought Spiller and Hall were the best two prospects going into this season, how do you feel about them now? 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reminder on reporting posts.  Guys, you all report each other a lot.  This place is like a sports bar, quit reporting every little thing.  Use some sense.  Especially when you all go at each other and report each other.  Grow up, have some thick skin.  It's the internet there's going to be some trash talk. At the same time, if you're replying to every football related post with an insult take it easy this isn't RnR.  Use some sense.

Revisit the pinned guidelines.  By all means report posts you think cross the line.

It's ridiculous how they're canceling these bowl games hours before kickoff when people attending the games have already paid for flights and hotel accommodations. The NCAA is still using antiquated testing procedures 18 months old pre-vaccine. It's insane. 

My order so far would be 

1. Walker

2. Charbonnet

3. Haskins

4. Spiller

5. Breece Hall

Badie is intriguing as a 3rd down option due to his extreme speed, but he has no business being  6th overall on a list of RBs. He needs to be ranked in the separate classification of 3rd down backs. 

I dont know why Haskins is 7th on the TDN list. He could arguably be 2nd on my list at this point. However. Charbonnet just looks to be little bit bigger, and a little more dominating. Which says a lot because Haskins runs like Lynch. But,  Charbonnet looks like a Blount clone. Could it be an optical illusion since Charbonnet is running through Pac12 defenders and Haskins is running in the big10? It might be. But I think its real. 

I haven’t studied RBs much yet because I think the Eagles wait one more year to draft one, but I’m much more impressed with Charbonnet than Walker.  I’m not sure why, but Walker strikes me as a compiler of stats who won’t translate to the NFL.

Charbonnet has speed and power, and pretty good vision as well 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

So again, by your (il)logic there will actually be no winners of any playoff games this year.  Only one team has averaged at least 30 points per game but if we took out their defensive scores that would also drop to below 30.

You always make up the most arbitrary points and then hold them up high as the most important and only important point. This is just the latest in a long line of those. 

That tweet came out December 22nd, and I did the math in the Hurts thread. When you remove defensive TD's, actual offensive PPG is 

1.  Colts 32.5 PPG

2. Chargers 28 PPG

3.  Bucs 27.8 PPG

4.  Bills 26.7 PPG

5.  Rams 26.5 PPG

6.  Bengals 26.3 PPG

7.  49ers 26.28 PPG

8.  Vikings 26.1 PPG

9.  Patriots 25 PPG

10.  Chiefs 24.83 PPG

11.  Eagles 24.8 PPG ( removing the Minshew game, seeing as this was about Hurts )

Once again, you post a tweet that is false, and the try and say I am coming up with arbitrary points.  I posted the facts, you posted lies.

5 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Another reminder on reporting posts.  Guys, you all report each other a lot.  This place is like a sports bar, quit reporting every little thing.  Use some sense.  Especially when you all go at each other and report each other.  Grow up, have some thick skin.  It's the internet there's going to be some trash talk. At the same time, if you're replying to every football related post with an insult take it easy this isn't RnR.  Use some sense.

Revisit the pinned guidelines.  By all means report posts you think cross the line.

Have you considered suspending those who are abusing the report system?   

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That tweet came out December 22nd, and I did the math in the Hurts thread. When you remove defensive TD's, actual offensive PPG is 

1.  Colts 32.5 PPG

2. Chargers 28 PPG

3.  Bucs 27.8 PPG

4.  Bills 26.7 PPG

5.  Rams 26.5 PPG

6.  Bengals 26.3 PPG

7.  49ers 26.28 PPG

8.  Vikings 26.1 PPG

9.  Patriots 25 PPG

10.  Chiefs 24.83 PPG

11.  Eagles 24.8 PPG ( removing the Minshew game, seeing as this was about Hurts )

Once again, you post a tweet that is false, and the try and say I am coming up with arbitrary points.  I posted the facts, you posted lies.

This isn't about Hurts, this is about the Eagles. You're trying to make it about Hurts to try and justify your open disgust for the team that you are for some reason pretending to be a fan of. 

I still have no idea what point you are trying to even get to here. I'm not even going to try to verify if your numbers are correct or not because it's all so completely irrelevant on multiple levels. 

So only the Colts will be able to win a playoff game by your arbitrary bizarre nonsensical deceleration that only teams that score at least 30 points will win in the playoffs?

Can you elaborate on what exactly you're trying to argue? Because like most times with you it's all over the place and there is no logical point within any of the mess. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I thought Spiller and Hall were the best two prospects going into this season, how do you feel about them now? 

Spiller looks good but nothing jumps out.  Just productive.  But what's going to make him special on the NFL? In that regard,  I get Ronald Jones vibes from him. He might produce from time to time but he's not coming in and stealing a starting job with ease. And if he does he's not going to be a dominant rookie.  Just,  pretty good. 

Breece Hall, I like.  He looks like a slightly faster Jordan Howard. Elusiveness is ok. Not a strength.  Hard runner. Not physically running over tacklers. But decisively hitting a hole hard. Better catching it than Howard too. I'd be happy with that pick.  But he's not top 2 to me. I have him 4 for now. 

Walker has pretty much every attribute. Clearly above all others to me. Charbonnet and Haskins are freaking angry humans and take it out on tacklers. Breece Hall is next.  He's strong,  but not angry. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This isn't about Hurts, this is about the Eagles. You're trying to make it about Hurts to try and justify your open disgust for the team that you are for some reason pretending to be a fan of. 

I still have no idea what point you are trying to even get to here. I'm not even going to try to verify if your numbers are correct or not because it's all so completely irrelevant on multiple levels. 

So only the Colts will be able to win a playoff game by your arbitrary bizarre nonsensical deceleration that only teams that score at least 30 points will win in the playoffs?

Can you elaborate on what exactly you're trying to argue? Because like most times with you it's all over the place and there is no logical point within any of the mess. 

Has nothing to do with winning playoff games.  You posted a tweet that said the Eagles are second in offensive PPG since week 8.  That is 100% incorrect.

And you don't have to do the math, I have it in a spreadsheet, want me to post it ??

image.png.d4033b2362231eef2c8dfda1269ee7e7.png

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I haven’t studied RBs much yet because I think the Eagles wait one more year to draft one, but I’m much more impressed with Charbonnet than Walker.  I’m not sure why, but Walker strikes me as a compiler of stats who won’t translate to the NFL.

Charbonnet has speed and power, and pretty good vision as well 

The way you feel about walker is how I feel about Spiller. 

Imo Walkers athleticism pops abs I think he translates. Spiller doesn't pop.  He just compiles. Not saying he can't in the NFL but I don't see where he can dominate. 

14 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

My order so far would be 

1. Walker

2. Charbonnet

3. Haskins

4. Spiller

5. Breece Hall

Where is BYUs Tyler Allgier on that list?

The way you feel about walker is how I feel about Spiller. 

Imo Walkers athleticism pops abs I think he translates. Spiller doesn't pop.  He just compiles. Not saying he can't in the NFL but I don't see where he can dominate. 

I'd be happy to grab a RB like Howard was coming out.  Nothing fantastic about him, just a solid player and a workhorse type that could carry the load, or could work in a rotation.  And, if found in the 4th or 5th round, even better.

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Spiller looks good but nothing jumps out.  Just productive.  But what's going to make him special on the NFL? In that regard,  I get Ronald Jones vibes from him. He might produce from time to time but he's not coming in and stealing a starting job with ease. And if he does he's not going to be a dominant rookie.  Just,  pretty good. 

Breece Hall, I like.  He looks like a slightly faster Jordan Howard. Elusiveness is ok. Not a strength.  Hard runner. Not physically running over tacklers. But decisively hitting a hole hard. Better catching it than Howard too. I'd be happy with that pick.  But he's not top 2 to me. I have him 4 for now. 

Walker has pretty much every attribute. Clearly above all others to me. Charbonnet and Haskins are freaking angry humans and take it out on tacklers. Breece Hall is next.  He's strong,  but not angry. 

Do you think D'Ernest Johnson is better than any in this class? I do, and I know we briefly agreed on trying to bring him in in the off season. 

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Where is BYUs Tyler Allgier on that list?

He's washing his magic underwear

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Reported!

18 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

This is my biggest problem and it tends to happen with only one person on the blog/emb. About 90% of his posts are him just flinging an insult at the end thinking it makes him look cool or he thinks it solidifies his conclusion. 

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I have, but I'm such a nice guy and it's the holidays.  🎅

If you parlay the Eagles (-180), the Niners (-720), and Packers (-260) you can get a +145 payoff. 

(In addition to a playoff appearance.)

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

This comment made me ugly laugh😄

Seriously though I mean the dude was a doak Walker semi finalist, surprised he wasn't a finalist but still I'd put him in the top 7 of backs in the nation.

I'm partial but still he was pretty good this year and has all the required measurables for the NFL 

Guest justrelax
27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

My order so far would be 

1. Walker

2. Charbonnet

3. Haskins

4. Spiller

5. Breece Hall

I get the Blount clone for Charbonnet but Haskins remind me more of Howard when he was with the Bears than he does of Lynch. What I like about him, as I've said before, is that he always gets what's there. And i agree that Haskins should be rated higher than 7th. His game will translate well to the pros.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Has nothing to do with winning playoff games.  You posted a tweet that said the Eagles are second in offensive PPG since week 8.  That is 100% incorrect.

And you don't have to do the math, I have it in a spreadsheet, want me to post it ??

image.png.d4033b2362231eef2c8dfda1269ee7e7.png

Do you have a larger point you're trying to get to?  Or is this just more of you're going in circles over the most arbitrary thing with no greater point that you are trying to reach? 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This is my biggest problem and it tends to happen with only one person on the blog/emb. About 90% of his posts are him just flinging an insult at the end thinking it makes him look cool or he thinks it solidifies his conclusion. 

I've pm'd some unofficial warnings to some (there's more than 1) who do that, and previous warning points have been given. I look at post content and see that there are also football related posts, and others giving insults back and forth.  I banned the troll/clone Duckworth and all his clones awhile back.  When needed I'll do that.  We'll see how things go here.

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Do you have a larger point you're trying to get to?  Or is this just more of you're going in circles over the most arbitrary thing with no greater point that you are trying to reach? 

The point, you posted a tweet that said the Eagles are 2nd in offensive PPG since week 8.  That is 100% false.  They are not even top 10.  It is a pretty easy point to understand.

10 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Do you think D'Ernest Johnson is better than any in this class? I do, and I know we briefly agreed on trying to bring him in in the off season. 

I do remember being impressed with Zonovan "Bam” Knight 

33 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

If this passes and is retroactive, Wentz could play Sunday.

That seems fine as long as they still have to test negative with no symptoms.

2 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I've pm'd some unofficial warnings to some (there's more than 1) who do that, and previous warning points have been given. I look at post content and see that there are also football related posts, and others giving insults back and forth.  I banned the troll/clone Duckworth and all his clones awhile back.  When needed I'll do that.  We'll see how things go here.

You do a thankless job, so I hope you won't be offended if I don't thank you.

J/K.... you do good work.  Thanks.

Archived