EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Where is BYUs Tyler Allgier on that list?

Ive only gone through 7 so far watching them in order of TDNs rankings. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This is my biggest problem and it tends to happen with only one person on the blog/emb. About 90% of his posts are him just flinging an insult at the end thinking it makes him look cool or he thinks it solidifies his conclusion. 

i appreciate it, i got reported, so I have to dial it back on TATE, but only TATE

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Do you think D'Ernest Johnson is better than any in this class? I do, and I know we briefly agreed on trying to bring him in in the off season. 

He's washing his magic underwear

I havent watched enough of this class yet to say. I know I LOVED Johnson in that draft and he wasnt even ranked by anyone. So, maybe I find some others I love as I work my way down the rankings.

Of the seven guys Ive just commented on so far, Johnson is head and shoulders beyond any of them in elusiveness, and is a good pass catcher. However I think Walker is likely a better overall player. 

And, with the way our offense is relying on the running game these days, Im really looking more for powerful runners who will punish and wear down defenses. Johnson is a different type of RB. Who I love, but not necessarily looking to bring in his style at this point in time. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I am not a fan of lumbering possession WRs.  I think it makes the offense more predictable.  But…in our case…we probably do need that 50/50 ball guy.  Our qb is a late release, area code accuracy kind of passer.  That neutralizes separation and speed.  So you are better off with a long armed, box out, possession WR.

I think that receiver is Goedert.  I think a reliable RB that can catch is as important.  

12 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

I've pm'd some unofficial warnings to some (there's more than 1) who do that, and previous warning points have been given. I look at post content and see that there are also football related posts, and others giving insults back and forth.  I banned the troll/clone Duckworth and all his clones awhile back.  When needed I'll do that.  We'll see how things go here.

I appreciate it. Thanks for doing it. 

8 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

i appreciate it, i got reported, so I have to dial it back on TATE, but only TATE

Can safely say i didn’t report you. Usually yours I’m just assuming you are joking around and skip over it. 

14 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I get the Blount clone for Charbonnet but Haskins remind me more of Howard when he was with the Bears than he does of Lynch. What I like about him, as I've said before, is that he always gets what's there. And i agree that Haskins should be rated higher than 7th. His game will translate well to the pros.

To me Howard is strong in the sense that he hits the hole hard, and isnt easy to bring down more so due to his size and momentum, but not necessarily physicality. But I dont see him delivering blows to tacklers too often, or running over and through guys. 

Haskins is running in to tacklers, and putting them down and he keeps going. Hes angry physical. Not just strong and hard to bring down. Lynch, Blount, and Lawrence Maroney ran angry and delivered the punishment. Haskins looks more like them than Howard to me.

I think Haskins has a little more elusiveness to him than Howard as well. Like Lynch did.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think that receiver is Goedert.  I think a reliable RB that can catch is as important.  

I'd normally agree that a reliable RB that can catch is important but it seems Hurts doesn't look at the RBs in the passing game as RBs are usually not 1st option in passing game and hurts rarely looks past his first option.

When he does it seems he hits them late or not accurately.

The running backs with Minshew looked a better in the passing game than they have all year under hurts, I just think prioritizing recording ability in a back with hurts isnt as important as that skill won't be as utilized with hurts under center 

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Not optimistic about the interview if he’s still on the Press Taylor/Cory Undlin plan as his coordinators

Press Taylor is probably fine for a QB that has good mechanics and accuracy. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I appreciate it. Thanks for doing it. 

Can safely say i didn’t report you. Usually yours I’m just assuming you are joking around and skip over it. 

yep Im pretty much full of crapola, except on sunday with the eagles, I get pretty salty about the eagles, Im a negadelphian, I have a problem

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

yep Im pretty much full of crapola, except on sunday with the eagles, I get pretty salty about the eagles, Im a negadelphian, I have a problem

I still don't believe we won the SB.

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

we didnt and further more we never landed on the moon, and even further more, the cowboys are gonna beat the brakes off the eagles and they aint nuttin I can do about it except post my frustrations with siri and the qb every week, you think they read it?

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

We win and we're in? Do we control our own destiny at this point?

Almost, we need the Packers and 9ers to win as well.

2021 draft turning into a beauty. Smith, Dickerson, Williams, and to a lesser extent Gainwell, McPherson and Jackson.  Honestly, Smith and Dickerson both are playing like 1st rounders. Dickerson seems like a steal right now, hope he can stay healthy. 

43 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Another reminder on reporting posts.  Guys, you all report each other a lot.  This place is like a sports bar, quit reporting every little thing.  Use some sense.  Especially when you all go at each other and report each other.  Grow up, have some thick skin.  It's the internet there's going to be some trash talk. At the same time, if you're replying to every football related post with an insult take it easy this isn't RnR.  Use some sense.

Revisit the pinned guidelines.  By all means report posts you think cross the line.

If @greend reports me one more time, I am going to hunt him down with my sling shot. 

22 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I say this to my dad all the time especially cause it was nick foles who played here at Arizona. Like Arizona is not a particularly great football school. We have guys here and there. But really bruschi, gronk, lance Briggs and foles (some others back in the day like northcutt and Byron Evans).  And the first QB to lead my hometown eagles to a super bowl title went to my alma mater and i got to meet him and play pick up basketball with him. 

11 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

We win and we're in? Do we control our own destiny at this point?

yes, if we beat the WFT and the Cowboys we are in. We need some help if we only win 1 out of 2. 

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The point, you posted a tweet that said the Eagles are 2nd in offensive PPG since week 8.  That is 100% false.  They are not even top 10.  It is a pretty easy point to understand.

Do you have any point beyond that?  If not then you can go back to posting about how much you want this team to lose.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes, by that I mean a team that had to build their offense around their QB running the ball to cover up for his passing deficiencies.  Young didn't win anything as a scramble around like a maniac player.  He only won when he went to SF and became a more detail oriented, system disciplined QB who could run when he needed to, but didn't need to run.  Wilson was also a pass first QB, who had escapability, not a guy who had to run, but could run.    And when it comes to 'arm talent', both Young and Wilson are in a completely different league than Hurts.   Night and day.

Heck even Randall had a ton of arm talent.

He wasn't the most accurate but he could sling it, I'm mean this is a guy who threw for almost 3500 yards and 30 tds at 58% clip which was good for back then without an o line or a running game against the beasts of the east week in and week out.

Hurts has no where near the arm talent Randall did and Randall was a better runner as well 

2 minutes ago, gohabsgo said:

yes, if we beat the WFT and the Cowboys we are in. We need some help if we only win 1 out of 2. 

I kind of think they are in by end of Sunday night. I think the niners will beat the Texans in a low scoring game and cause it’s in SF. I also see the packers destroying the Vikings knowing what they have at stake. It really comes down to the eagles beating Washington imo. Washington might be packing it in with the losses last week and really nothing left to play for. Maybe they come out and want to play spoiler but i can see that team rolling over and dying tbh. 

1 hour ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It's ridiculous how they're canceling these bowl games hours before kickoff when people attending the games have already paid for flights and hotel accommodations. The NCAA is still using antiquated testing procedures 18 months old pre-vaccine. It's insane. 

I don't know if it's the NCAA rules.  I thought it was because the Bruins were down to 2 d-linemen.  I haven't heard whether the Covid positive players could have returned and were asymptomatic. 

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Heck even Randall had a ton of arm talent.

He wasn't the most accurate but he could sling it, I'm mean this is a guy who threw for almost 3500 yards and 30 tds at 58% clip which was good for back then without an o line or a running game against the beasts if the east week in and week out.

Hurts has no where the arm talent Randall did and Randall was a better runner as well 

No where near the same level of pure athletic talent.  For that matter, very few NFL players can really compete with Randall purely based on athleticism... 

Archived