EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a long season.  Couldn't have started any better.  But week 1 will feel like ancient history if the right side of our OL is Herbig and Dillard going into a game against WTF DL.  The injury carousel will spin here eventually.

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

My dad visited Ireland and said it's the worst food he ever had. It was all boiled and tasteless. 

Probably why we are having discussions about obesity though lol 

Best cheeseburger I've ever had in my life was at an Irish pub in Paris🤷‍♂️

I don’t know if any of you have been following this gabby petito story but it’s absolutely heartbreaking and shocking and crazy. Also her BF is a dbag for not helping the police in the investigation to help try to find her. 

Ok, I have a generic video set up, there isn't anything going on in the video itself, since this is just a test to see how it works. It's scheduled to go 'live' at 7:45 PM Eastern time (in a few minutes). If it works the way I think it does, there should be the capability to chat for the duration of the video (it's a 1 hour static video of the main EMB forum page... exciting stuff!).

If you're subscribed to the channel, you should have gotten a notification. If you're not subscribed, here's the link to the video. Let me know how it works for you. 

Food in Ireland isn't inherently great...I don't really care for their pub food scene, but it has its fan base.  However, like almost any other country, they do have an interesting, excellent niche scene of high end food.  I had some amazing food at Ashford and Ballyfin castles.  But, in some countries, you can go to the street corners and get incredible, fresh, memorable meals.  I would argue that Ireland is not one of those countries.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Food in Ireland isn't inherently great...I don't really care for their pub food scene, but it has its fan base.  However, like almost any other country, they do have an interesting, excellent niche scene of high end food.  I had some amazing food at Ashford and Ballyfin castles.  But, in some countries, you can go to the street corners and get incredible, fresh, memorable meals.  I would argue that Ireland is not one of those countries.

No cows in Ireland?

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

My dad visited Ireland and said it's the worst food he ever had. It was all boiled and tasteless. 

Probably why we are having discussions about obesity though lol 

Gotta know what to get. The seafood in the south is fantastic. And they really know how to cook lamb

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, I have a generic video set up, there isn't anything going on in the video itself, since this is just a test to see how it works. It's scheduled to go 'live' at 7:45 PM Eastern time (in a few minutes). If it works the way I think it does, there should be the capability to chat for the duration of the video (it's a 1 hour static video of the main EMB forum page... exciting stuff!).

If you're subscribed to the channel, you should have gotten a notification. If you're not subscribed, here's the link to the video. Let me know how it works for you. 

seems to be working. 

18 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It's a long season.  Couldn't have started any better.  But week 1 will feel like ancient history if the right side of our OL is Herbig and Dillard going into a game against WTF DL.  The injury carousel will spin here eventually.

I wouldn't feel good at all going into that game with any backups on Oline

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

seems to be working. 

Yep, it works when I schedule it in advance. So I can schedule each game and it'll premiere at the appropriate time on the appropriate day and then everyone that wants to live chat, can.

This also creates a saved record of the chat, along with the video. So it should remain for as long as the channel exists. 

Spoiler

Chat.JPG

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

"This is just a test of the EMB Gameday Chat. If it works, I'll set up videos for each game so that anyone that wants to live chat with others during games, can. "

You're going to stream NFL games on youtube? No chance that doesn't get shut down instantly by them.  

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yep, it works when I schedule it in advance. So I can schedule each game and it'll premiere at the appropriate time on the appropriate day and then everyone that wants to live chat, can.

This also creates a saved record of the chat, along with the video. So it should remain for as long as the channel exists. 

Hide contents

Chat.JPG

nice. so the record is saved that basically everyone in here is a cowboys fan.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

You're going to stream NFL games on youtube? No chance that doesn't get shut down instantly by them. 

No, I know that games can't be streamed like that. It'll be a generic video, something like what is there now. Or something else that we own the copyright to.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

"This is just a test of the EMB Gameday Chat. If it works, I'll set up videos for each game so that anyone that wants to live chat with others during games, can. "

thats not what he is doing.

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

nice. so the record is saved that basically everyone in here is a cowboys fan.

I have the ability to create polls during the chat. The first poll gives some great options to pick from, too. 

"Does Dallas Suck?"

Option 1. Yes
Option 2. Yes

It'll be a nail biter to see how it turns  out. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have the ability to create polls during the chat. The first poll gives some great options to pick from, too. 

"Does Dallas Suck?"

Option 1. Yes
Option 2. Yes

It'll be a nail biter to see how it turns  out. 

Dum question.  How do you get to the chat ??

Just now, downundermike said:

he posted the link in here. Go to it. Make sure you click subscribe so you subscribe to the youtube channel. And you can also click the little bell next to the subscribe option. The Bell should turn on notifications.

Make sure to like the video, and leave a comment. It helps the video get bumped up in the youtube algorithm so it might get suggested on someone's feed. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Fastest way is to PayPal me $1,000 then I'll give instructions on how to get there... 

Spoiler

Let me go to the page without being logged in to see what it looks like that way. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

he posted the link in here. Go to it. Make sure you click subscribe so you subscribe to the youtube channel. And you can also click the little bell next to the subscribe option. The Bell should turn on notifications.

Make sure to like the video, and leave a comment. It helps the video get bumped up in the youtube algorithm so it might get suggested on someone's feed. 

I'm assuming that the chat will remain active for the entire video, which is an hour long. But I don't know exactly, as this is a first time thing. So we'll see if it's available for the full hour. 

Archived