EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Parrot Head said:

The second video the right guard is beat on that play. DT goes by him and his only defense is to try blocking him by trying shoving him in the back after he’s around him. DT used his hands well to get around glowinski

CF3EC109-DEAC-48AB-960F-3FBB0650848E.jpeg

this isn’t to say Carson played good either. I think he was just ok (first half was solid as he was 10-11 for 100 yards and a td midway through the 2nd quarter and then the second half he regressed along with his oline also regressed). He has plenty to work on.  He had his own issues like getting balls batted down and knowing when to give up on some plays especially when the pocket is collapsed or there’s nothing there. However these were the grades that PFF gave their oline. Even Nelson at 72 is much lower than his average over the last 3 years. His last three years from 2018-2020 was 79.7, 91.2 and 86.9. Glowinski at 50 is like Matt pryor last year bad. And Davenport was one of the lowest graded LTs in the league. Frankly i thought he was actually worse then glowinski when i was watching that game. And smith who’s normally good was slightly better than Davenport although he apparently was dealing with a foot injury most of the second half. Its PFF but most have said by almost everyone that viewed that game the Colts oline particularly Davenport, glowinski and smith weren’t good ( si had them at a D+… https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/positional-grades-indianapolis-colts-vs-seattle-seahawks and blue stampede also agreed  https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/9/13/22672686/thumbs-up-thumbs-down-from-colts-week-1-loss-against-seahawks). This isn’t wentz is absolved from blame. And he wasn’t part of their issues. He definitely wasn’t not great or even good. I’d say average. But Oline outside of Kelly and Nelson weren’t good

46313890-F966-48EC-8CFE-9B75C4CC08EC.jpeg

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I agree. And I hope Hurts maybe trusts his OL to give him time for maybe one or two more reads before departing the pocket. 

I was just arguing against the notion that he needs to "stand tall in the pocket and brave the onslaught of pass rushers". 

I don't think anyone is saying he needs to just stand in there and get crushed on every play trying to go to his 4th read. 

It's something that needs to be addressed though. At some point teams are going to force him to beat them over the middle/up top and stay in the pocket. He needs to be able to do so consistently.

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let It Go!!!!  FFS.  

No. He sucks, and it will be talked about.

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Good on you for realizing that. A Google image search of hecky's hamburg, pic shows clear evidence of crustiness on the rolls when you get them and eat it there.

Hecky's Sub Shop - Hamburg, PA

Now, you liked the Westy. How does this compare?

By the way, another one on par with Heckys, near you is Roman Delight in Orwigsburg. 

Did your Mom pack that for you?

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Why was chat removed on the old board? Would be nice to get it here again

Because no one wants to talk to you

😁

4 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

So we're cherry picking 3 plays to prove a point? C'mon bro you're better than that. I hope that Hurts continues to play well and make us forget the guy that was on pace to be an mvp and lead us to the playoffs in our first Super Bowl win. But coming out of the woodwork after 1 good game to also try and prove a point? 

35 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

:lol::lol:

Awwwww.  Did he hurt your feewings?   Did the mean gun loving Bible thumper make you mad?   GTFO. JFC.  He’s moved on.  

STFU you buffoon lol. 

I’m a gun loving bible thumper too.

Regarding the All 22, this is posted on the Game Pass website...

When will Coaches Film be available?

Coaches Film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Coaches Film allows you to view every play for every game (other than preseason games) with exclusive angles (All-22 and EndZone) and analyze the game like a pro football coach. Coaches Film for TNF and all Sunday games will be available in Game Pass on Tuesday of each week of the regular season by 12pm ET. Monday Night Football all-22 footage will be available by Wednesday at noon ET. Please note, there will be no Coaches Film during preseason games.

My bolding of the pathetic apology bit. Dropped the ball bigtime on this. System was already in place. What changed?

Available to everyone but the Subscribing fans???

25 minutes ago, greend said:

So we're cherry picking 3 plays to prove a point? C'mon bro you're better than that. I hope that Hurts continues to play well and make us forget the guy that was on pace to be an mvp and lead us to the playoffs in our first Super Bowl win. But coming out of the woodwork after 1 good game to also try and prove a point? 

If you think Jimmy is better than that then you haven't watched him progressively become a bad reporter.  He relies on a snarky, condescending, I know better that everybody else style that has totally turned me off from even his rare good reports.   Carson wasn't great but my goodness the guy had guys in his face all day long....kind of like last year.  Let it go.  Yes, we should have a close on on Wentz to make sure he's on track to give the Eagles a 1st round pick but to constantly talk bad about the guy is just exhausting.  I honestly don't know what Carson did that earned him this total disrespect and down right hate from the Philly beat.  I hate our sports media.

If we have to watch the Philly beat knit pick every bad play Carson makes this year then it's going to be a long season.  

7 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I posted earlier today that Sirianni considers his players before developing a scheme.  That notion was well received in the Blog. (Eight likes!)

So why does Hurts "have to" learn anything?  If Sirianni continues to offer route combinations that cater to Hurts' abilities AND that approach leads to success, why must Hurts be something he's not? 

Also, where does the conclusion that Hurts "does not have enough arm to make all the throws on the move" come from?  The TD to Goedert was a bullet.

I too would like to see Hurts trust his protection more and make better use of the middle of the field.  And maybe over time that will occur.  But if we applaud the HC for developing a scheme with the players in mind, then what Sirianni has put together for a QB with running ability, short-range accuracy, and a reluctance to throw over the middle seems to be the right approach.

We aren't talking about adapting the scheme to a WR or a safety here.  QB's do "have to" learn things and do have to become something they are not...otherwise they get replaced.

There's a fine line between adapting to the strengths of your players and never having a vision or building an offense.

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

I am not sure I agree that Hurts was taught and encouraged to run and not be a QB, a passer in college. I do think the game plans utilized that strength in addition to passing.  I was worried about a tendency to take a quick look and run.  Did not see much of that last Sunday.

i too worry he runs right too much but against Atlanta, that was the best thing to do. With the 49ers it means Dee Ford.  We will see.  

I think the arm strength is overblown.  He has shown good ability to throw the long ball.  But I agree his height may be an issue.  Wilson and Brees overcame it and I think Nick may scheme to help Hurts with it as well.  We will see.  He is taller than both Brees and Wilson. 

If he gets more comfortable in the pocket, which certainly could happen, I think he has all the arm strength he needs.  If he's going to be on the move constantly, that's where arm strength becomes more of an issue because you are never throwing off a base.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If you think Jimmy is better than that then you haven't watched him progressively become a bad reporter.  He relies on a snarky, condescending, I know better that everybody else style that has totally turned me off from even his rare good reports.   Carson wasn't great but my goodness the guy had guys in his face all day long....kind of like last year.  Let it go.  Yes, we should have a close on on Wentz to make sure he's on track to give the Eagles a 1st round pick but to constantly talk bad about the guy is just exhausting.  I honestly don't know what Carson did that earned him this total disrespect and down right hate from the Philly beat.  I hate our sports media.

If we have to watch the Philly beat knit pick every bad play Carson makes this year then it's going to be a long season.  

I’ve always thought that guys like Kempski and Gowton were really good at having the pulse of the team, but lately they have the players they don’t like and relentlessly pick at them. Like me with Greg Ward. 

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Some of them are so damn obsessed with the guy.  And I’m convinced it’s not just from one terrible year of play.  There’s more to it.  They just won’t admit it.  

Ive stated over and over again why I was upset with him. Nothing to do with off the field stuff. 

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Not Jimmy, @Parrot Head is better than that.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’ve always thought that guys like Kempski and Gowton were really good at having the pulse of the team, but lately they have the players they don’t like and relentlessly pick at them. Like me with Greg Ward. 

That's the problem.  We're fans and it's expected for us to have players we love and hate.  The problem with the Philly beat and frankly the media in general is we lack objective reporting.  They all have the side they will go to hell and back defending and will stop at no lengths to find something negative about their hated figure/topic.  

33 minutes ago, Parrot Head said:

STFU you buffoon lol. 

I’m a gun loving bible thumper too.

👍

Guest justrelax
47 minutes ago, greend said:

Actually, he's not better than that.

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I know this is a sore subject with you but anymore it's about getting clicks imo.

Remember when you needed an All-Star caliber center to win an NBA championship?

I already stated that he should trust his protection more than he already does.  But look around the league.  Mobile QBs, quick throws, play action, etc.  The days of the seven-step drop have gone away.

Depends on the offense you’re calling  .

Remember when you needed an All-Star caliber center to win an NBA championship?

I already stated that he should trust his protection more than he already does.  But look around the league.  Mobile QBs, quick throws, play action, etc.  The days of the seven-step drop have gone away.

Thats not whats winning titles

4 minutes ago, greend said:

Not Jimmy, @Parrot Head is better than that.

I guess I’m a little shocked, although I shouldn’t be, that we can’t discuss Carson Wentz in here.

Seems a bit immature to me.

Everyone gets so riled up about it, yet suggests that I’m the one with hurt feelings.

Meh, either way, I plan on talking about it in here this season. Those that don’t want to participate are welcome to scroll past. Or talk about cheesesteaks.

25 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Had to be a trump thing i would wager

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Did you cross your arms after you posted this?

No, I am just tired of you say the same thing over and over.  Maybe a few people disliked him for the reasons you keep saying but I would imagine most of us just disliked him because he sucked, is a shell of himself and is not coachable.

Archived