EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Getting a Covid test for my son right now.  He is vaccinated.  

Hope he's OK. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
39 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

That doesn't count because Bosa didn't count to 4 Mississippi or yell blitz.  

Wait a minute. Bosa was credited with two sacks and the sack on Hurts in the 4th quarter came when Bosa pushed Mailata right back into Hurts.

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The 49ers aren't an anemic offense.  I am not sure what to make of the lack of pressure.  I do think they were worn down by the end of the game.  I think even if they had just kicked a field goal at the end of the first half the defense would have been in a better position to prevent the scoring drive.  Still holding the 49ers to 17 wasn't a mirage.  They played well.  They created a turnover that was overturned on a bad call.  They held the 49ers in check and only allowed one play of more than 20 yards.  

I’m just telling you if you have those factors against a better QB and better weapons than what the current niners have they aren’t holding them to 17. You believe tampa bay, chiefs or Dallas you are holding them to 17 points with all those factors going against them? I’d bet my house they don’t. Also factor in the niners were on the second game of a road trip and stayed on the east coast factoring into some of their sluggish performance and not exactly being in their full comfort zone for a week. I’m sorry but mostert and Wilson are far better than Mitchell, cannon, sermon and hasty running the ball. Again their offense needs a strong running attack to help set up Jimmy G. That’s when he’s at his best. They currently don’t have that with their two best backs out at the moment. Doesn’t help aiyuk apparently is in the doghouse or forgotten how to play wr. Lions like the Falcons are atrocious on defense so really i expect almost every team to score near 30 or more against them 

also deebo had a 40 yard reception and hasty a 21 yard run. Also niners we’re 7-15 on third and 4th down conversions. That’s another reason the time of possession swung in the second half where they were 4-7 (kneel Down makes it 4-8 but really it’s 4-7)

Just now, NCiggles said:

Hope he's OK. 

Thank you.  He's alright.  Mild symptoms, but given the state of the world, we have to have a test before sending him back to school.  Likely just a cold, but the new Covid symptoms are very cold like.  If this was any other year pre-2020, he stays home from school for a day or two, then goes back on cold meds.

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Is betting on the Cowboys the move? Obviously, there is a chance of more positives occurring in the next few days.

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

Is betting on the Cowboys the move? Obviously, there is a chance of more positives occurring in the next few days.

No, never.

39 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'd love to hear from another coach who has ever said that.  That seems either crazy or a delibrate lie to shift attention.

I think it's pretty common to give quick looks in goal line settings.  I mean they usually are targeting one particular match up or tendency.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I think it's pretty common to give quick looks in goal line settings.  I mean they usually are targeting one particular match up or tendency.  

That's different from a single read.  You read the whole defense and choose your best matchup... thats not exactly a "single read", with only one throwing option available.

Next 1st and goal we should run 

First down: Philly Special

Second down: Philly Special

Third down: Philly Special

Fourth down: Philly Philly

They will never see it coming. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I kind of think the Ronnie brown jump pass should be included and hakeem butler on a fade route 

Actually I just realized they ran the Philly, Philly yesterday. It wasn't even the Philly Special. 

Sirianni can't even pander to the fans correctly!

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Actually I just realized they ran the Philly, Philly yesterday. It wasn't even the Philly Special. 

I actually had a niners fan ask me if it was the same play. It wasn’t. The Philly special foles didn’t take the hand off cause he went in motion (lined up off lane) and it went to clement. 

12 minutes ago, SB52 said:

… did you really just suggest putting money on the Cowboys vs the Eagles? 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sirianni can't even pander to the fans correctly!

It's the play they ran in the opener against Atlanta the following season.

Agholor hit Foles down the sideline.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It's the play they ran in the opener against Atlanta the following season.

Agholor hit Foles down the sideline.

It’s obvious foles is just the superior WR lol

Didn't get the game plan yesterday at all. Felt like back yard football. Maybe that's just how offenses are going to look with Hurts a lot of the time. He drops back, goes through a couple reads and takes off if no one's open.

I hate those kinds of offenses. It can look really fun when it works, but most of the time it's incredibly frustrating.

And I think the performance in week 1 was a little overhyped. THe initial scoring drive was great. But then there was a lull for a good quarter+ where the offense didn't do a whole lot. And then the dam broke in the 2nd half eventually. But still think the WRs leave much to be desired, and Hurts is going to be up and down.

Something about the Reagor OOB play really annoyed me. He just feels like one of those players who it's always going to be something. Even when he makes a good play, he does something wrong. The guy just so isn't it. Hope we don't hang on to this dude for 5 years hoping he'll pop.

16 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Top 30 Half Baked Snoop Dogg Scene GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually had a niners fan ask me if it was the same play. It wasn’t. The Philly special foles didn’t take the hand off cause he went in motion (lined up off lane) and it went to clement. 

Lots of differences.  Biggest ones being not going with "special" personnel, but the regular goalline group, second having a second option behind the QB.   3rd being able to run the ball before then.

Last one was Foles with the slow play on the pattern.  Hurts had to get out there quick after the handoff, because he was buried in the backfield.   

And lets be honest, Philly Special was so high profile that it is going to be tough to catch teams with that for quite some time.  That wasn't some obscure play in a throw away college game or random 1 PM start time NFL game.  It was in the Super Bowl and contributed to the GCOAT losing.

Btw... does anyone know why the QB is not an eligible receiver if taking a snap from under center?  He's not on the line... he's in the backfield, and he's wearing an "eligible" number.  Just never got why he would be ineligible directly behind the center for a traditional snap, but eligible if he's back 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fing Ertz.  Just go away.  

How old?  My daughter has it. 

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Next time it's getting run as a reverse to JJAW with the option to run or pass.  The defense will fall down laughing, and it's a walk-in TD.

Also the Sirianni versus Hurts discussion regarding not throwing over the middle... someone had an article about Hurts having veto power on plays he doesnt like.   If Sirianni likes a play, Steichen likes it, but Hurts doesn't, it gets tossed.  I didn't think anything of it when I read it, but how big a factor is that in terms of where the ball is being thrown?

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm going down a Philly Philly rabbit hole. Didn't know he did it in college

Hurts made a nice catch there reaching up; now at least I understand why Ward threw his pass into the 2nd deck -- he thought he was throwing to The Mask.

Archived