EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think a team like miami if tua flops would still be willing to do it at that point. Their owner is pretty hell bent on getting a franchise QB. 

They have been hell bent on a franchise QB since Marino lol. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I kept thinking Barnett would turn it on especially last year knowing contract was coming up soon. I'm not going to defend him anymore, he is just plays reckless and stupid without even getting the sack numbers or pressure to make up for the stupidity. 

Eh i think he is a solid rotational player but he gets hurt too often and makes stupid decisions to be trusted with big money nor as a reliable starter. I don’t know how many personal foul penalties he has and offside penalties but I’d be willing to be it’s as many if not more than his sack total for his career. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Also going to see how good or bad Barnett is. They kept him on his 5th year and now is the time to see what he truly is with Graham out of the picture. I think the fact we were still relying as heavily on Brandon Graham at 33 to be one of our studs is not where we ideally want to be at this stage. We are fortunate Graham has been relatively healthy and productive over the past couple years with him aging. 

BG averaged about 70% of the snaps.  I still don't know what the ideal snap count percent is for Sweat.  Do we want him in the 55-60% range?  

I'd imagine we start Sweat and Barnett now.  Kerrigan is 1st man off the bench with Milton Williams still playing across the line.  Tarron Jackson can get 20% or so of the snaps.  Of course this is all pre-move being made.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have been hell bent on a franchise QB since Marino lol. 

Yeah but their owner put it out there even last year after they drafted tua that he’d be willing to trade for a QB like watson. There’s been smoke around that since tua didn’t look great last year 

Eh i think he is a solid rotational player but he gets hurt too often and makes stupid decisions to be trusted with big money nor as a reliable starter. I don’t know how many personal foul penalties he has and offside penalties but I’d be willing to be it’s as many if not more than his sack total for his career. 

Joe Judge wouldn't put up with that! 

Yeah but their owner put it out there even last year after they drafted tua that he’d be willing to trade for a QB like watson. There’s been smoke around that since tua didn’t look great last year 

Exactly it's that kind of crap that keeps them looking. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

BG averaged about 70% of the snaps.  I still don't know what the ideal snap count percent is for Sweat.  Do we want him in the 55-60% range?  

I'd imagine we start Sweat and Barnett now.  Kerrigan is 1st man off the bench with Milton Williams still playing across the line.  Tarron Jackson can get 20% or so of the snaps.  Of course this is all pre-move being made.

Barnett and sweat i am guessing is going to play a large portion of snaps. I think williams was always meant to be like a vinny curry type of player so i definitely see him getting the snaps. Kerrigan probably slight uptick kind of like when they had to give long an uptick after injuries the year after the SB. I’d like to see jackson more. I’m guessing early on likely not but as the season continues if the eagles drop out (possible with the schedule being dallas, chiefs, Carolina, bucs and raiders coming up) that they begin giving him more snaps. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just in time for the football season 

Holy hell

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy crap.  I just caught the last 10 mins of the MNF countdown.  Horrendous.  ESPN continues to be garbage.  Randy Moss needs to stop yelling.  

You don't want to get Mossed?

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

More regular season games and less practice and time to get ready will equal more injuries and more sloppy football. They are killing this game for me. 

Yes... they are killing the game.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yes... they are killing the game.

I had to add the " for me " part so people don't get upset that I was speaking for everyone. Lol

Gotta love the Phillies finding ways to lose to teams like the orioles. 

Well it's better then losing to teams with fish as a mascot. Maybe losing to a tiger might be better for you? How about a Brave?  

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They let the Dbacks sweep them a while ago and let the Orioles have the worst record in the MLB.  So, the Phillies will correct that, letting the Orioles win and as a result the Dbacks end up with the worst record again.  Mission accomplished.

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Same issue they had years past. Playmakers make the play. Guys who aren’t come close and we discuss how they should’ve had this many. 

It's not even just us.  League wide guys in the secondary can't catch the ball when it's thrown right in their hands.

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Mostly because defenders can't touch receivers anymore.   This is what the league wanted.  They kept tweaking and twisting the rules until the offenses have become juggernauts.  Defenses really can't compete any more.

Doesnt help that most defenses play a bend but dont break defense now. There is not much risk taken on defenses with blitzing and pressure packages which in turn creates mistakes by the QB forcing picks. Looks like Gannon will be in that same boat. Reminds me of a zone version of Jim Schwartz so far with the lack of variety. 

I am so happy they benched all the starters in preseason to help reduce injuries. Paid off for sure. 

10 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

This show is great. 

Was listening earlier.  All the things Pat was complaining about........holding the ball too long, diving for extra yards instead of sliding, taking too many hits, etc.  Basically said he's the most reckless player he's ever seen.  

Maybe Frank will fix him but he hasn't changed for the better yet.  

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I am so happy they benched all the starters in preseason to help reduce injuries. Paid off for sure. 

I mean we’re pretty healthy relatively speaking. A torn Achilles seems to happen to us every year, so the preseason consternation about a rash of soft tissue injuries seems to be unfounded, so far.

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I mean we’re pretty healthy relatively speaking. A torn Achilles seems to happen to us every year, so the preseason consternation about a rash of soft tissue injuries seems to be unfounded, so far.

Do we really want to play our aging vets in the preseason anyway?

8 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Was listening earlier.  All the things Pat was complaining about........holding the ball too long, diving for extra yards instead of sliding, taking too many hits, etc.  Basically said he's the most reckless player he's ever seen.  

Maybe Frank will fix him but he hasn't changed for the better yet.  

Some of those things, as reckless as it is for a quarterback, are what made it so easy to cheer for him though.  After going through the DeMarco Murray thing, having a quarterback doing whatever humanly possible to win was a breath of fresh air.  It's an old school mentality and it's not good for a quarterback, especially one who gets hurt all of the time.  I'll cheer for that guy every Sunday.  

Archived