EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Also the Sirianni versus Hurts discussion regarding not throwing over the middle... someonenhad an article about Hurts having veto power on plays he doesnt like.   If Sirianni likes a play, Steichen likes it, but Hurts doesn't, it gets tossed.  I didn't think anything of it when I read it, but how big a factor is that in terms of where the ball is being thrown?

Yup, he also can check out of plays at the line. Makes me wonder if Sirianni called a run play on 3rd and 6 or if Hurts checked into it. 

I also find it funny how negative the majority of the fan base was with the report of Wentz "not wanting to run the Foles stuff", but then universally praised the approach of Sirianni scrapping anything he or Steichen like if Hurts doesn't like it. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highly doubt both Doug and Sirianni were avoiding throws to the middle of the field with Hurts playing. Very clearly a Hurts thing and something he better fix.

29 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Is betting on the Cowboys the move? Obviously, there is a chance of more positives occurring in the next few days.

Guys. This is just a theoretical question. I wouldn’t bet on Dallas.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m just telling you if you have those factors against a better QB and better weapons than what the current niners have they aren’t holding them to 17. You believe tampa bay, chiefs or Dallas you are holding them to 17 points with all those factors going against them? I’d bet my house they don’t. Also factor in the niners were on the second game of a road trip and stayed on the east coast factoring into some of their sluggish performance and not exactly being in their full comfort zone for a week. I’m sorry but mostert and Wilson are far better than Mitchell, cannon, sermon and hasty running the ball. Again their offense needs a strong running attack to help set up Jimmy G. That’s when he’s at his best. They currently don’t have that with their two best backs out at the moment. Doesn’t help aiyuk apparently is in the doghouse or forgotten how to play wr 

alsp deebo had a 40 yard reception and hasty a 21 yard run. 

I forgot about the Hasty run.  Again, all of those things play a role in what could have happened but I don't think this defense is fluky. It doesn't mean shutting down Dallas is easier.  I will say that the team had not produced a turnover.   What they do against the 49ers has no bearing on how well they will play or match up to Dallas.  I do think the defense has played well.  It doesn't mean they will continue to do well against Dallas or that that we can expect them to hold Dallas to under 20 pts.  Dallas did a very good job against the Chargers but didn't put up huge numbers against them.  I mean they only just squeaked out 20 points. Still it's early in the season and offenses often lag behind defenses at this point.   It will be a difficult game for the Eagles.  I really think they need some sort of big defensive turnover to win that game.  

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

What they do against the 49ers has no bearing on how well they will play or match up to Dallas.

Correct.  We played well against the Saints and Cardinals last year, and then Dallas absolutely embarrassed us.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Also the Sirianni versus Hurts discussion regarding not throwing over the middle... someonenhad an article about Hurts having veto power on plays he doesnt like.   If Sirianni likes a play, Steichen likes it, but Hurts doesn't, it gets tossed.  I didn't think anything of it when I read it, but how big a factor is that in terms of where the ball is being thrown?

I would imagine it's playing a role.  To me Hurts' biggest issue right now is processing and recognition.  He may just not see the middle of the field as well.  

Rapid Test came back negative... but they don't trust that, so the test is being sent out.  72 hours to wait now.   And what do I do?  Do I quarantine too, or just carry on?   What a world we live in... 

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Correct.  We played well against the Saints and Cardinals last year, and then Dallas absolutely embarrassed us.

To be fair, the team didn't play that well against either of those 2 teams.  We mostly beat the Saints because Taysom Hill is a RB.  The team lost to the Cardinals and gave up 33 points.  They only gave up 4 more to the Cowboys.  

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

To be fair, the team didn't play that well against either of those 2 teams.  We mostly beat the Saints because Taysom Hill is a RB.  The team lost to the Cardinals and gave up 33 points.  They only gave up 4 more to the Cowboys.  

Better not let the Hurts Squirts see this post, especially @RememberTheKoy

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

Overall view: We were right there. The difference was when we needed to stop them on short yardage we didn't and when they needed to stop us on short yardage they did. They were a little more efficient, especially with the QB sneaks. Hurts was not the reason we lost. I would argue that Gannon's inability to adjust to the toss plays was far more damaging.

Good point.

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Rapid Test came back negative... but they don't trust that, so the test is being sent out.  72 hours to wait now.   And what do I do?  Do I quarantine too, or just carry on?   What a world we live in... 

Quarantine 

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Fing Ertz.  Just go away.  

How old?  My daughter has it. 

Hope she's OK too.  I have been lucky so far with my kids.  My daughter's campus has one of the higher vaccination rates.  My son is in middle school and I think that's pretty much a crapshoot. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not at all surprised to see the guy who claims he doesn't hate Hurts to be overflooding with his Hurts hate after that game.

Stay pathetic.  

52 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That's different from a single read.  You read the whole defense and choose your best matchup... thats not exactly a "single read", with only one throwing option available.

What I mean is my guess is the majority of play calls are just that one or two reads in those goal line settings. Now the QB may get to the line and audible but the play call itself is one or two reads.  I mean Spider 2 Y Banana is essentially low to high 2 route read. 

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Stay 6 posts away from unvaccinated bloggers. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not at all surprised to see the guy who claims he doesn't hate Hurts to be overflooding with his Hurts hate after that game.  

Find a post where I am doing that.  You still do not know the difference between facts and hate.

Fact, Hurts completed 5 passes from the start of the second quarter to the end of the game.

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

What I mean is my guess is the majority of play calls are just that one or two reads in those goal line settings. Now the QB may get to the line and audible but the play call itself is one or two reads.  I mean Spider 2 Y Banana is essentially low to high 2 route read. 

2 is double what we saw on Sunday.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Find a post where I am doing that.  You still do not know the difference between facts and hate.

Fact, Hurts completed 5 passes from the start of the second quarter to the end of the game.

I honestly don't care to engage with you much at all here this week.  You're a very pathetic fan.  

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I thought it was Hurts Huggers? Hurts Squirts sounds like something I shouldn't google at work. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

2 is double what we saw on Sunday.

I think Sirianni did not do a good job. 

24 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I would imagine it's playing a role.  To me Hurts' biggest issue right now is processing and recognition.  He may just not see the middle of the field as well.  

He's got a lot of film work to review from the Niners game.  We'll see how fast he can adjust.  

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Wait a minute. Bosa was credited with two sacks and the sack on Hurts in the 4th quarter came when Bosa pushed Mailata right back into Hurts.

You sure that wasn't Goedert who got pushed back.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I honestly don't care to engage with you much at all here this week.  You're a very pathetic fan.  

Did your little feelers get hurt because your boy played like hot garbage.  I can't wait to see you go off the rails when Minshew is starting.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Ertz placed on the Covid list. Not sure how that didn't pop up yesterday.

They wanted to ease us into more sheety news. 17 game seasons are going to be a disaster by the time they get to the end of the regular season. Can't wait till they add more games. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did your little feelers get hurt because your boy played like hot garbage.  I can't wait to see you go off the rails when Minshew is starting.

Week 1 was Jekyll, Week 2 was Hyde.  I still get the feeling Hurts will get most if not all of this season as starter.  If he's removed from the starting lineup for anything but injury folks might as well start viewing 2022 QB prospects immediately.

Tip -- Tyler Shough lit up Walnut Grove Elementary on Saturday.  Their opponents' record the next 3 games is a combined 6-2, so we'll see what happens.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

About as mature as the kids you teach.  

Hurts had a down game which is to be expected with a young QB making only his 6th start. The atrocious play calling certainly did him no favors though.  

Archived