EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mannings are actually pretty funny and pretty insightful with this game

Gronk needs to upgrade his internet from AOL dialup lol

Depending on the usage of Milton Williams, the Eagles could have each of their first 3 rookie draft picks with huge roles on MNF.  Injuries may suck, but that's kind of neat.  Will be a rare early exposure to youngsters for a team that consistently delays such things due to poor drafts and clinging to older vets too long.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think the Lions' offense is good with Goff🤷‍♂️

Goff is underrated, basically a younger Alex Smith.  He accumulated a lot of haters because he doesn't have the eye-catching talent of a #1 overall pick.  He has enough arm, a slick/quick release, and is very sophisticated and accurate in the pocket.  Sure, Mcvay helped him, but Mcvay wasn't throwing the passes himself.

Back in early 2019, I used to argue that Goff had a better career than Wentz at that time and got rocked for it...I would bet most would agree with that now.  I'd certainly take Goff over Wentz right now.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Depending on the usage of Milton Williams, the Eagles could have each of their first 3 rookie draft picks with huge roles on MNF.  Injuries may suck, but that's kind of neat.  Will be a rare early exposure to youngsters for a team that consistently delays such things due to poor drafts and clinging to older vets too long.

They are forcing the Eagles to go young.  We need to move on from Brandon Brooks.  Get Dickerson in there.  We have to find out what's next post BG.  Barnett, go earn that 2nd contract or show us that we need to use a 1st rounder on a DE.  Even if Barnett plays well, I want a DE in round 1.

12 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This team better not screw it up by starting Herbig. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If they did, that would make 3 different right side combinations... and e45 would almost be at his prediction.

44 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

It's not even just us.  League wide guys in the secondary can't catch the ball when it's thrown right in their hands.

I’d be curious on the amount of dropped interceptions by the eagles over the last 3 years compared to other teams around the league. 

31 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Some of those things, as reckless as it is for a quarterback, are what made it so easy to cheer for him though.  After going through the DeMarco Murray thing, having a quarterback doing whatever humanly possible to win was a breath of fresh air.  It's an old school mentality and it's not good for a quarterback, especially one who gets hurt all of the time.  I'll cheer for that guy every Sunday.  

After awhile it got old.  There's no doubt Wentz is as tough as they come.  Maybe you are cheering but I'm shaking my head and pissed off because he's playing like an idiot. Can't help the team if you're being reckless and getting injured.  Indy is finding that out right now.  

Like I said, maybe Reich will eventually help  change his ways but I'm not counting on it.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d be curious on the amount of dropped interceptions by the eagles over the last 3 years compared to other teams around the league. 

Someone will look it up.

28 minutes ago, RLC said:

I think the Lions' offense is good with Goff🤷‍♂️

Kind of feel like this is more GB dysfunction all offseason is catching up with them on the field. Jameis last week put up 38 on them. Against Carolina they scored 7 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just in time for the football season 

New? They've done this for years...and it's terrible.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I'd be fine with it actually because is he even ready? Didn't he just start practicing? I don't want to jeopardize him with those legs, let him get up to snuff before sending him out there. Maybe he needs a few weeks of practice first... 

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

New? They've done this for years...and it's terrible.

But it gets you wasted though right?

7 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I'd be fine with it actually because is he even ready? Didn't he just start practicing? I don't want to jeopardize him with those legs, let him get up to snuff before sending him out there. Maybe he needs a few weeks of practice first... 

He’s active. He’s healthy. The bigger concern is if he’s ready to play well after missing so much time, but he needs to play and work through it. 

16 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Considering we practice for about 20 minutes you think it’ll help?

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s active. He’s healthy. The bigger concern is if he’s ready to play well after missing so much time, but he needs to play and work through it. 

If he's active, he's healthy and Herbig starts, why the hell did you take this guy in the 2nd round.  There's no excuse for it to happen. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Even if it's probably a bad decision, I'd like to trade for Rodgers just to know what it's like to root for a HOF caliber QB.

You don’t remember last year when we had the almost mvp Wentz?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m surprised Dan Campbell isn’t a total embarrassment by week 2

I really think this game looks more like the packers came in expecting to blow them out and the lions would roll over and die for them. There’s also just something off about the packers and i feel like it’s from all the offseason crap

Archived