EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

52 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I forgot about the Hasty run.  Again, all of those things play a role in what could have happened but I don't think this defense is fluky. It doesn't mean shutting down Dallas is easier.  I will say that the team had not produced a turnover.   What they do against the 49ers has no bearing on how well they will play or match up to Dallas.  I do think the defense has played well.  It doesn't mean they will continue to do well against Dallas or that that we can expect them to hold Dallas to under 20 pts.  Dallas did a very good job against the Chargers but didn't put up huge numbers against them.  I mean they only just squeaked out 20 points. Still it's early in the season and offenses often lag behind defenses at this point.   It will be a difficult game for the Eagles.  I really think they need some sort of big defensive turnover to win that game.  

I never said it was fluky. However I’ve seen enough football to know if you continue to not get pressure, lose time of possession by at least 10 mins and create no turnovers that eventually even a good defense is going to be in danger when facing good offenses that will eventually make you pay for it. 

Just saying the chargers defense is good. They have been when they’ve been healthy. Problem is like the eagles the past couple of years they’ve had injuries. Add on they made Staley their head coach and he’s a really good defensive mind. He did a great job with the Rams last year. id add the chargers in that Dallas game didn’t lose time of possession 35-25. It was 30-30 mins. Also created a turnover and had a couple of sacks in that game. It’s why they held Dallas to just 20 points. Dallas defense had 2 turnovers, 9 QB hits, 6 TFL and 2 sacks which played large in the chargers only scoring 17 points. Time of possession was equal also helped. 

also pains me to say, credit to Dallas for realizing pollard is a better back then zeke now. He’s more explosive and just looks more spry. He was about even with zeke in touches which seemed to be the game plan prior. As much as i hate those F faces they’ve done a good job adjusting game plans to opponents so far this year. I thought their offensive gameplan against tampa was good. And realizing when pollard is a strength and not going away from him. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Utebird said:

If one runs the ball then one doesn't have to read anything 

Did anyone else read this in the voice/tone of "It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"?

Kinda weird Siri isn’t calling out Hurts, just the washers? Btw your boy is Injured again, how is that even possible?

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I am not a teacher so I do not know what that means.

He's upset Brucie had a bad game, go easy on him.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They wanted to ease us into more sheety news. 17 game seasons are going to be a disaster by the time they get to the end of the regular season. Can't wait till they add more games. 

Yup. There is no way in hell the NFL wants to keep the schedule at an odd number of games. This is going to 18 games within the next 10 years.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup. There is no way in hell the NFL wants to keep the schedule at an odd number of games. This is going to 18 games within the next 10 years.

More regular season games and less practice and time to get ready will equal more injuries and more sloppy football. They are killing this game for me. 

Who will be brought up from the PS for guard depth? Awosika?

I also would imagine that Howie is on the phone with teams for a DE. They value the d-line more than any other group and Barnett is trash.

What do we all think will be the move to replace BG?  In house, just play Tarron Jackson and Ryan Kerrigan more?  Bring back Joe Ostman?  Bring up Marvin Wilson and play Milton Williams at DE full time?

Has anyone looked over practice squads to see who we might be able to pluck away?  I posted some veterans available earlier, none that really stand out.

Do we keep Sua Opeta on the PS and bring in a guard from another teams PS or just call him up and replace his PS spot?

I hate injuries, but I do enjoy doing roster adjustments on my own to see what I would do versus what they actually do.

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I also would imagine that Howie is on the phone with teams for a DE. They value the d-line more than any other group and Barnett is trash.

I can’t see howie in a rebuild year giving io draft capital for a DE unless he’s relatively young and has multiple years left on his contract. Not many teams looking to deal those kind of pass rushers. Otherwise I’m guessing they go with young players and guys internally to do it. 

5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Jinx. Just posted same thoughts.  Right now would be a great time to trade for a young DE who needs a new contract but your 3 biggest trade chips are all at positions of need right now.

If you trade Dillard, you're taking away 2 OL in the span of 2 days.  You can't trade Ertz while he's on Covid and if you trade DG then you have Stoll and no one else.  

They could look in house and put Avery back at DE or even Patrick Johnson.  That wouldn't be an exciting move at all but it would open up a roster spot for maybe a 6th WR or 4th RB.  

Ward and JJAW have ZERO targets and Boston Scott hasn't played a single down yet.  Clearly more is needed from those positions.

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welp the Texans are refusing to play Watson now even if Tyrod Taylor can't play. 

They drafted David Mills so it’s likely better for the texans than having tyrod out there. Learn if he’s the guy going forward and gets his feet wet. 

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What do we all think will be the move to replace BG?  In house, just play Tarron Jackson and Ryan Kerrigan more?  Bring back Joe Ostman?  Bring up Marvin Wilson and play Milton Williams at DE full time?

Has anyone looked over practice squads to see who we might be able to pluck away?  I posted some veterans available earlier, none that really stand out.

Do we keep Sua Opeta on the PS and bring in a guard from another teams PS or just call him up and replace his PS spot?

I hate injuries, but I do enjoy doing roster adjustments on my own to see what I would do versus what they actually do.

Just think of the least imaginative move and that’s what we’ll do. We’ll put Brooks on IR and sign Casey Tucker. BG to IR and sign Jaquan Bailey. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t see howie in a rebuild year giving io draft capital for a DE unless he’s relatively young and has multiple years left on his contract. Otherwise I’m guessing they go with young players and guys internally to do it. 

Yep, the more I think about it the more you have to think it will be internal.

Move Avery or Johnson back to DE.  They can then call up JaCoby Stevens to fill a LB slot.

Sua Opeta can be called up to OG. 

Boring moves but very Eagles like. 

They drafted David Mills so it’s likely better for the texans than having tyrod out there. Learn if he’s the guy going forward and gets his feet wet. 

I'm just slightly surprised they would take that route. I guess they are doing their own form of suspension. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I can’t see howie in a rebuild year giving io draft capital for a DE unless he’s relatively young and has multiple years left on his contract. Not many teams looking to deal those kind of pass rushers. Otherwise I’m guessing they go with young players and guys internally to do it. 

Well they just signed Sweat, they talked about what his stats would be if he played more... Welp time to go out and do it now

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm just slightly surprised they would take that route. I guess they are doing their own form of suspension. 

Hes never going to play for them again. They basically have to keep him on the roster cause they can’t outright release him otherwise they get nothing for him. and if the nfl didn’t suspended they won’t. Frankly i wouldn’t be surprised after the trade deadline if Watson finds himself on IR

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hes never going to play for them again. They basically have to keep him on the roster cause they can’t outright release him otherwise they get nothing for him. and if the nfl didn’t suspended they won’t. Frankly i wouldn’t be surprised after the trade deadline if Watson finds himself on IR

They got screwed in a big way with that dude. They will never see that value back for him. It might get to a point where teams know they won't play him and just wait for him to be cut. Unless someone really wants to destroy all their future drafts for Watson. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well they just signed Sweat, they talked about what his stats would be if he played more... Welp time to go out and do it now

Also going to see how good or bad Barnett is. They kept him on his 5th year and now is the time to see what he truly is with Graham out of the picture. I think the fact we were still relying as heavily on Brandon Graham at 33 to be one of our studs is not where we ideally want to be at this stage. We are fortunate Graham has been relatively healthy and productive over the past couple years with him aging. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

They got screwed in a big way with that dude. They will never see that value back for him. It might get to a point were teams know they won't play him and just wait for him to be cut. Unless someone really wants to destroy all their future drafts for Watson. 

I don’t think they will get the value he would’ve if none of this happen off the field. However I think this off-season he is going to get traded.  I expect a team like Miami who is desperate for a quarterback and Tua already got hurt would give up capital to get him.

Don’t know what the Eagles are going to do at the moment. Got 15 more weeks with hurts to see what he is. If he flourishes they are going to use those picks to build up the the rest of the team. If he fails i think the eagles will be in on that market. (Especially if Gary Cobb is correct with his source close to watson who said he would accept a trade here) 

Also going to see how good or bad Barnett is. They kept him on his 5th year and now is the time to see what he truly is with Graham out of the picture. I think the fact we were still relying as heavily on Brandon Graham at 33 to be one of our studs is not where we ideally want to be at this stage. We are fortunate Graham has been relatively healthy and productive over the past couple years with him aging. 

I kept thinking Barnett would turn it on especially last year knowing contract was coming up soon. I'm not going to defend him anymore, he is just plays reckless and stupid without even getting the sack numbers or pressure to make up for the stupidity. 

I don’t think they will get the value he would’ve if none of this happen off the field. However I think this off-season he is going to get traded.  I expect a team like Miami who is desperate for a quarterback and Tua already got hurt would give up capital to get him.

Don’t know what the Eagles are going to do at the moment. Got 15 more weeks with hurts to see what he is. If he flourishes they are going to use those picks to build up the the rest of the team. If he fails i think the eagles will be in on that market. (Especially if Gary Cobb is correct with his source close to watson who said he would accept a trade here) 

Meh I don't believe any of that nonsense till I actually see it. They have a lot to.sort out there I wouldn't be surprised if his crap doesn't carry over into past the next draft. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh I don't believe any of that nonsense till I actually see it. They have a lot to.sort out there I wouldn't be surprised if his crap doesn't carry over into past the next draft. 

I think a team like miami if tua flops would still be willing to do it at that point. Their owner is pretty hell bent on getting a franchise QB. 

Archived