EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Get ready for the crossing routes and a bunch of stuff between the hashes, similar to the one Samuel hit us with at the end of the first half.  Why bother with Slay and Nelson, when you can feast on our LBs and Safeties?

Kind of expect the Cowboys to try and get lamb on those routes. He could have a huge game 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready for the crossing routes and a bunch of stuff between the hashes, similar to the one Samuel hit us with at the end of the first half.  Why bother with Slay and Nelson, when you can feast on our LBs and Safeties?

Cooper had his way with Slay last year with Dalton too. I don't think they are going to shy away from him.

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Dallas still doesn’t have a defense so if they don’t get a TD then this place will be very very entertaining for the next week lol

Their D is better than it was, and our offense? I expect they will play a lot of tight man, take away the quick underneath stuff, and If they get 2 scores up on us, we are done, takes us away from our strength- our run game 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's beyond ridiculous to expect a young QB with 6 career starts who has made just his 2nd start in a new offense to be running that offense and processing it all like a well oiled machine.

Like anything else in life, the more expierence you gain at something the more confident and comfortable you get doing it and are able to do it faster as it becomes more and more second nature to you. 

That is true.  The game may slow down for him.

My point, for the third time, is that there is a physical limitation as to how fast the brain processes information.

I am suggesting, based on how he has struggled in this space so far, is that Hurts' ceiling may not be high enough to succeed.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I bolded the stats.  Herbert is superior in completion percentage, yardage, TD passes and QB rating.

And like 4for4 asked, why did you delete the racial accusation from your post ??

Herbert is a better QB. I'm not trying to argue Hurts as better.  But he also hasn't been helplessly left in the dust by Herbert on his first 6 stats. 

Also since you conveniently deleted Burrow it can reasonable argued that Hurts has been better in his first 6 starts than Burrow. 

It's just so pathetic how eager and overly enthusiastic you are to try to write Hurts off when you have the most unrealistic expectations for a young QB. 

Also I could not possibly care less what 4for4 asked, he is on ignore for a reason.  But I already answered that question for you in a post of yours that I quoted so go back and read that. 

14 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

OMG!!

Please go back and read my post again.  I did not in any way suggest that Hurts has a learning disability.

What I did say, and I'll try to use smaller words this time, it that Hurts may just be average in how fast his brain works.  "Average" means like most folks.  A really good quarterback, in my opinion, needs to be better than average to do good at football.

The irony of engaging RTK in a discussion about learning a learning disability has made my morning. Thank you!

I didn’t think we were going to win the division anyway and kind of thought we’d split with Dallas but damn lol

I still have Skins taking the division though

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Dallas still doesn’t have a defense so if they don’t get a TD then this place will be very very entertaining for the next week lol

I thought Dallas did a good job last week against Herbert and the weapons the Chargers have. Held them to 17 points, created 2 turnovers and had a really good pressure down their best pass rusher (9 QB hits and 2 sacks). We bash them for losing to tampa and giving up 31 but there’s going to be a lot of better defenses that also give up 30 or close to it to tampa. I despise the Cowboys but their defense is still below average it’s immensely better than what it was through two games last year.  

My point, for the third time, is that there is a physical limitation as to how fast the brain processes information.

I am suggesting, based on how he has struggled in this space so far, is that Hurts' ceiling may not be high enough to succeed.

I think we're seeing in action the limit of RTK's processing power. Looks a bit like...

When it just looking at the R6S loading screen... | Rainbow Six

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

There is nothing to suggest that Hurts has a learning disability.  If he was so woefully "average" in his mental processing speed while playing at the NFL level then he would be tossing interceptions like crazy. 

He's 6 starts in his career and is playing well at this point when compared to the other young inexperienced QBs in the league.  People need to chill out and give him time to develop and grow over the course of this season. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I thought Dallas did a good job last week against Herbert and the weapons the Chargers have. Held them to 17 points, created 2 turnovers and had a really good pressure down their best pass rusher (9 QB hits and 2 sacks). We bash them for losing to tampa and giving up 31 but there’s going to be a lot of better defenses that also give up 30 or close to it to tampa. I despise the Cowboys but their defense is still below average it’s immensely better than what it was through two games last year.  

Chargers win that game if they didn’t self sabotage IMO

18 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

OMG!!

Please go back and read my post again.  I did not in any way suggest that Hurts has a learning disability.

What I did say, and I'll try to use smaller words this time, it that Hurts may just be average in how fast his brain works.  "Average" means like most folks.  A really good quarterback, in my opinion, needs to be better than average to do good at football.

why bother?

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

I think we're seeing in action the limit of RTK's processing power. Looks a bit like...

When it just looking at the R6S loading screen... | Rainbow Six

I view when he writes something he is like 

spacer.png

Hurts is being given a chance. He doesn’t even have to worry about Flacco or Minshew taking his spot. People need to stop saying Hurts should be given a chance. He is currently being given the chance

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Chargers win that game if they didn’t self sabotage IMO

Possible but their defense still gets credit for holding them to 17. They weren’t doing that last year regardless. Heck tampa might have scored 50-60 on them Last year. 

that said if the eagles didn’t sabotage themselves by stepping out of bounds or having a field goal managed to get blocked they could’ve won the game. That’s how the cookie crumbles  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

What two TD called back?  One other big pass played called back?

Killed my fantasy week too.  (kind of)

There were a bunch of drops and penalties. I think Chargers could have won if it wasn’t so sloppy

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hurts is being given a chance. He doesn’t even have to worry about Flacco or Minshew taking his spot. People need to stop saying Hurts should be given a chance. He is currently being given the chance

I assume even if he doesn’t play well this year some will ask for a second year to determine his fate. we once had people saying Sam Bradford was gonna turn it around cause his last 7 games he had 10 tds and 3 ints. Meanwhile the last 4 games he had 6 tds, 4 ints and 2 fumbles lost. 

So just so we're clear: 

If you criticize Hurts, you're a racist Colts fan who hates his guts, lies and nitpicks.

Yeah, we're the ones that are unrealistic.

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

How RTK sees the blog during a Hurts discussion 

image.gif.a02dacc2d81be7d3c5bf6577314beaf5.gif

That scene is comedy gold.  Gonna go watch it right now.

dammit! This is a raid! I can't see, you can't see. So what? All that matters is can the f****** horse see?

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That and "deserves a chance". Grinds my gears. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He means the fans.  Every fan needs to give him a chance.  If they don't, it's because he's not white.  That's what RTK is saying.  

I've been saying we should trade Goedert. Guess I'm racist against white people, too.

Archived