EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

14 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Man, I don't know if anything has been more annoying this week than people complaining about the t-shirts Nick wears. It's a good thing. He's passionate and competitive. The whole pandering complaint is so cynical. Painful to listen to.

Man, I don't think it's that big of a deal and definitely not the most painful thing this week in the blog. The racism comments were very high on my scale personally.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

So we go from a legend in Zumoff to this?  I just don't like the sound of female announcers for male sports, especially football.  Not sure how to say it without sounding like a dog but I mean it with no disrespect to women.  I just don't like how it sounds.  What a horrible move.

meh, she sounds alright to me

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Chaffing 

After running 8 half marathons in my life, chaffing really, really, sucks. Glad I learned about Nip Eaze and body glide very early

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

had this effect on women getting married. At one point i was 4 for 4 of getting out of relationships and then the next guy they dated they married. 

Yeah nothing but up after dating a Steelers fan 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Matt Rhule might be an exception to the college coach rule.   (Although he did have 1 year in the NFL as ass't OL coach with the Giants back in 2012.). He's transitioned well to the NFL.

You missed a golden opportunity here....he might be the exception to the Rhule

CMC getting injured?  I can recall the debates on here about not drafting him in the 1st round as he had a skinny body type and wouldn't hold up to full a RB schedule.

6 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

skinny body type

He has been jacked for years but that does not stop someone who is injury prone from being injury prone.  Plus, the wear and tear on him, he has a ton of miles.

7 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Terrace Marshall Jr

Tommy Tremble

Two guys I were hoping to wind up in midnight green looked good tonight for Carolina.

Rhule and Co. building a good team in Charlotte.

I live here so I'll get to see it each week.

Anyone from here going to the game next month?

I think there are a few of us going.  

8 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

He has been jacked for years but that does not stop someone who is injury prone from being injury prone.  Plus, the wear and tear on him, he has a ton of miles.

Yup, yup and yup.  Packing that amount of muscle on that frame was never going to end well for him

56 minutes ago, greend said:

After running 8 half marathons in my life, chaffing really, really, sucks. Glad I learned about Nip Eaze and body glide very early

I just use vaseline and run in lighter weight shirts.  

1 hour ago, greend said:

Man, I don't think it's that big of a deal and definitely not the most painful thing this week in the blog. The racism comments were very high on my scale personally.

Resorting to that sort of tactic is the fastest way to the ignore list for me.   It is a great time saver.

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Solid ideas I never liked the mess that Vaseline makes and didn't matter what shirt I wore after 6 ish miles I got bleeding nips

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I avoid the risk, and don't run unless I am being chased.   In all my races, I've never been chased.  

1 minute ago, greend said:

Solid ideas I never liked the mess that Vaseline makes and didn't matter what shirt I wore after 6 ish miles I got bleeding nips

the-office-andy-bernard.gif

44 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

CMC getting injured?  I can recall the debates on here about not drafting him in the 1st round as he had a skinny body type and wouldn't hold up to full a RB schedule.

All NFL players get hurt. The "he can’t stay healthy” thing shouldn’t apply to NFL players IMO. Large men running into each other at high rates of speed over and over usually has some sort of consequences.

NBA and MLB players are fair game. 

4 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

All NFL players get hurt. The "he can’t stay healthy” thing shouldn’t apply to NFL players IMO. Large men running into each other at high rates of speed over and over usually has some sort of consequences.

NBA and MLB players are fair game. 

Fair enough, but pain threshold and pain tolerance also play into it.  Some guys are in uniform every week unless they suffer a debilitating injury, while others miss 4-6 weeks because their hamstring is a little tight or shoulder is sore.  As far as McCaffrey specifically -- he is force-fed the ball to a ridiculous extent in their offense.  He's at very high risk of injury just through overuse and muscle fatigue if nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This guy has no idea what he’s doing. Second week in a row.

I've never heard of "punting for momentum" before.  This guy REALLY believes in field position.  He's the "anti-Doug".

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I've never heard of "punting for momentum" before.  This guy REALLY believes in field position.  He's the "anti-Doug".

Doug just punted or went for it based on what the analytics guys (Lowie) barked into his headset.

Panthers might be a little bit of a fluke.  Everyone says the Falcons are one of the worst teams but the Jets and Texans are both bad teams.  Not to mention the Texans started a rookie QB last night.

Will be interesting to see how they play vs Dallas next week.

16 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Some guys are in uniform every week unless they suffer a debilitating injury, while others miss 4-6 weeks because their hamstring is a little tight or shoulder is sore. 

I think nearly every NFL player sustains a significant injury at some point in their career. Just off the top of my head, I really can't think of any who have avoided it. 

Edit: Larry Fitzgerald is the only recent one that I can think of

25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Awful. Having all day football with 1 PM, 4 PM and prime time on Saturday and Sunday on wildcard weekend was so nice and now the NFL has ruined it. 

Archived