EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder who the Eagles are going to have line up primary at LDE with Graham out. I hope they don't just put Kerrigan there as he's mostly been invisible. Move one of Sweat or Barnett and throw in Milton Williams. Whoever it is will have a nice matchup going against La'el Collins. 

Yesterday I posted a screen shot that showed the birds running a 5-2, or 3-4, if you prefer.  They did it more than half the time even before Graham got hurt. When they run that it will be a stand-up player against the OT.

Both Barnett and Sweat rushed from the stand-up position as well as from a 3-point stance. So did Avery. I don’t recall if Singleton did.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

4for4's favorite guy using his favorite website!

Yeah yeah PPF is dumb but I do think Maddox actually has been solid in the slot role though. 

The Nickel Corner playing well as a Nickel Corner shocker. Who'd have thought playing people in the correct position would prove to be a winner?

Man, I don't know if anything has been more annoying this week than people complaining about the t-shirts Nick wears. It's a good thing. He's passionate and competitive. The whole pandering complaint is so cynical. Painful to listen to.

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yeah yeah PPF is dumb but I do think Maddox actually has been solid in the slot role though. 

I think he did solid in the Atlanta game. He didn't really play much last week with San Fran playing most 2 WR sets.

Guest justrelax
6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Couple of things. When you play zone, which we did for the most part, it’s difficult to attribute coverage so those numbers are of necessity arbitrary. Second, he’s more quick than fast and that translates well to zone. The secondary made only a few bad plays - the long crosser and the TD when nobody covered the receiver. I’ll take that, especially since I’ve been expecting worse.  Generally I’ve been very pleased.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think he did solid in the Atlanta game. He didn't really play much last week with San Fran playing most 2 WR sets.

Yup 45 snaps in Atlanta, 21 vs SF. Role player but one who's doing his job well so far. Much prefer that to him getting 70 on the outside.  

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, I need to step back into One Bite reviews.  I stopped back when covid hit.  I enjoyed them.  

I also watch:

Adam The Woo (The Daily Woo)

Rueben the Bulldog

Worldstar fights and other random street fights.  

I watch Adam the woo.. I like his movie locations and museums and stuff like that. He spends to much time in Disney though. 

"Daym drops" for food reviews

"Report of the week" aka review Bruh also food. Review

"That dude that can cook" chef obviously

"Nick Digivonni" chef

"Angry Video Game Nerd" skits on sheety video games from back in the day

"Honest trailers" parody movie reviews

"Everything wrong with" points out things wrong with movies. 

That's just the daily stuff lol. I need help 

29 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I dunno. Showing a film of the rivalry and cluing in the big chunk of the roster that doesn't understand how the fans get fired up is probably a good idea.

Not just to motivate the team, the veterans know and lead the way, but to get new players tuned to the media attention that comes with this game.

Otherwise, you might get "why is everyone making a big deal of this game, just another division rival?"

16 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

That works both ways though. Sirianni wore the shirt during a media session and now it’s being talked about in Dallas. You may not believe in bulletin board material but why take the chance? Plus he’s got his kids and wife wearing the beat Dallas shirts as well. 

If he wants to pander to the players and the fans fine but he better deliver. You know Dalllas will throw it in his face if they lose. 

What football player doesn't understand the Eagles Cowboys rivalry ???

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Hopefully he ends up taking some snaps away from Parsons because he looked dangerous playing DE rushing the passer.  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

💯 I agree. 

37 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Sure. Although bad is still way too harsh. 

Trending down every year since 2018.  Culminating in a 4 win season.  (And I don't see a season much better than that this year in terms of wins and losses.)

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  Is she replacing Zumoff?

No. I dont think thats here. Im just saying, female announcers tend to be annoying. Im skeptical of the 6ers new hire. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They might know about it but, how many of today's players really care about that stuff these days? The way they all want to team up and be buddies. It's more so in basketball now but, football is getting like that. 

16 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Couple of things. When you play zone, which we did for the most part, it’s difficult to attribute coverage so those numbers are of necessity arbitrary. Second, he’s more quick than fast and that translates well to zone. The secondary made only a few bad plays - the long crosser and the TD when nobody covered the receiver. I’ll take that, especially since I’ve been expecting worse.  Generally I’ve been very pleased.

Not disagreeing, but he ran a 4.3 at the combine. So if hes more quick than fast hes damn quick because hes damn fast. 

24 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The Nickel Corner playing well as a Nickel Corner shocker. Who'd have thought playing people in the correct position would prove to be a winner?

Idk, in 2019 the first four weeks of the year they had him in the slot and he was giving up the most receptions and yards of any slot corner. I kind of think it’s more atlanta sucks and their passing game was garbage week one cause their oline was getting destroyed after the first two drives. And deebo and kittle are the only two real receiving threats right now for the niners with aiyuk MIA and the rest are just jags (sanu at this stage of his career isn’t more than a 4th or 5th WR)

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They might know about it but, how many of today's platerys really care about that stuff these days? The way they all want to team up and be buddies. It's more so in basketball now but, football is getting like that. 

I think it's more at an individual level, if anything. And then if it gets chippy on the field players just stick up for for their teammates. Majority will probably swap jerseys at the end of the game. 

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

If you ever watch Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood, there's a great scene where he takes the Asian kid to the barber and they teach him how to talk...basically ribbing on each other's ethnicity and background.  Not saying it's right but I think it shows how a lot of guys used to become close.  

Different world we live in.

I couldn’t have a friend I couldn’t ball bust. It’s just how guys show affection. 

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There are about 20 new guys on the team this season.

Just now, downundermike said:

They should all understand without playing for the Eagles.

What do you mean by understand? 

I was "aware" of Michigan/Ohio State.  Then I went to school at Michigan.  That's when the rivalry actually mattered to me.

I know it seems nuanced.  But they need to learn what it means to the city and the fans.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The Nelson acquisition improved two spots on the field.  

Without Nelson I'm curious if they would've just thrown McPherson into the fire and kept Maddox in the slot anyway. 

7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Without Nelson I'm curious if they would've just thrown McPherson into the fire and kept Maddox in the slot anyway. 

It sounded like that is what they wanted to do by the way they talked about McPherson 

Archived