EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, ManuManu said:

Is that a 'fun change'?   Or is that just a change for more money and disregarding player safety and forcing one team in the playoffs to play on short rest?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Never give RBs second contracts 

Seriously. Derrick Henry feels like the only one recently who got a massive extension that’s managed to stay healthy after receiving the massive extension 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Puts the team that wins on Monday at a huge disadvantage the next week.

HoF RB requirements will need to change.   It will be more along the lines of the Gale Sayers and Terrell Davis level player... a guy who was dominant for about 4 years.  That's all you can expect from a top RB now.  By year 5, they are on the way down.

5 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Puts the team that wins on Monday at a huge disadvantage the next week.

They will just make them the late game the following Sunday.  If the home team wins it’s not that big of a deal.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They will just make them the late game the following Sunday.  If the home team wins it’s not that big of a deal.

After 18 games their bodies will need every day possible to recover.

Gee a no huddle, quick hitter offense with a young QB is looking better than repeatedly running into a brick wall with mediocre running backs.... Who would've ever thought.....

27 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Sad I can’t imagine a current RB making the Hall of Fame outside of AP. Maybe Henry. 

Jalen Hurts?

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They will be the travel team the following week, either way.  

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Goedert is the starter right now.  If you looked around the league and notices then you would realize that TE is a premiere position that good teams invest in.  Look at the Super Bowls the past 10 decades and notice how many great TEs have played in those games as major pieces of those teams.  Patriots just spent big in free agency on two TEs.  The Eagles won their only Super Bowl with a great TE playing a major role on that team all season and in the Super Bowl.  

I think that’s true but it’s not like Goedert is that type of TE yet.  I am fine if the Eagles keep him.  I’d think they have invested in the position. If they let him go, my guess is they use a top pick on TE. 

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think that’s true but it’s not like Goedert is that type of TE yet.  I am fine if the Eagles keep him.  I’d think they have invested in the position. If they let him go, my guess is they use a top pick on TE. 

Investing in one makes sense.  Investing in two is overkill.   They already had Ertz on a mega-deal (for a TE) and then invested the top pick in their 2018 draft in a TE.   That's where the criticism comes in.  

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Here is a sample of how annoying 76ers games will be this year. This is our new announcer.

So we go from a legend in Zumoff to this?  I just don't like the sound of female announcers for male sports, especially football.  Not sure how to say it without sounding like a dog but I mean it with no disrespect to women.  I just don't like how it sounds.  What a horrible move.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

So we go from a legend in Zumoff to this?  I just don't like the sound of female announcers for male sports, especially football.  Not sure how to say it without sounding like a dog but I mean it with no disrespect to women.  I just don't like how it sounds.  What a horrible move.

I dont even care that its a male sport. I just dont like the way they do it. They all seem to think they need to try to make their voice deeper as if to fool us in to thinking we are listening to another man. 

I dont mind the women on sideline reports, or hosting studio shows. They all use their regular woman voice. The female fake male announcer voice is horrible to listen to.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont even care that its a male sport. I just dont like the way they do it. They all seem to think they need to try to make their voice deeper as if to fool us in to thinking we are listening to another man. 

I dont mind the women on sideline reports, or hosting studio shows. They all use their regular woman voice. The female fake male announcer voice is horrible to listen to.

Don't worry, in her bio she tells us that she's a "she/her".  No faking male here.

Play-by-Play announcer |

family | Proud

grad & AVFC Villan #UTV | "Little by little, one walks far.” - Peruvian Proverb | She/Her

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Investing in one makes sense.  Investing in two is overkill.   They already had Ertz on a mega-deal (for a TE) and then invested the top pick in their 2018 draft in a TE.   That's where the criticism comes in.  

I wasn’t talking about the decision to draft Goedert but what happens next season if he’s not re-signed.  I agree it wasn’t a great pick. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s a terrible idea.  

Why? 

I for one don’t mind the Monday night playoff game. Whoever wins the Monday night game can play the late game next Sunday it’s all the same. 

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It's that crappy Houston turf. It's a disgrace.  Moore just slipped badly on his own as well but avoided injury.

Archived