EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

After 18 games their bodies will need every day possible to recover.

It’s just one day. What type of injury heals in a day that will stop someone from playing? 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

It’s just one day. What type of injury heals in a day that will stop someone from playing? 

Chaffing 

Gotta be a mid tier major conference CFB team stupid enough to let Adam Gase demolish their program for 3 years before getting fired

@LeanMeanGM  If we're still doing this (I have been avoiding this place since Sunday) I'm going with Turds 33 Eagles 9. As for a prediction, I dunno, I'll say Lamb goes for 120 yards and 2 TDs.

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

@LeanMeanGM  If we're still doing this (I have been avoiding this place since Sunday) I'm going with Turds 33 Eagles 9. As for a prediction, I dunno, I'll say Lamb goes for 120 yards and 2 TDs.

Well at last my fantasy team appreciates your prediction lol 

I’m actually happy for darnold. I felt the jets shouldve went with him and dealt no. 2 overall for a boatload of picks in the next couple drafts and built up the roster around him. Seen if it was truly him or just Gase and the lack of talent around him that was the issue. I don’t think he’s great but he was always better than what he showed. Gase was awful as a HC. the Jets basically gave him bad head coaches (Gase and Bowles), bad oline and allowed his best WR Anderson to leave. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m actually happy for darnold. I felt the jets shouldve went with him and dealt no. 2 overall for a boatload of picks in the next couple drafts and built up the roster around him. Seen if it was truly him or just Gase and the lack of talent around him that was the issue. I don’t think he’s great but he was always better than what he showed. Gase was awful as a HC. the Jets basically gave him bad head coaches (Gase and Bowles), bad oline and allowed his best WR Anderson to leave. 

I agree mostly with your overall point, but I do think there comes a point that an organization damages a player, QB especially, where both just need to move on. 

Can’t decided whether to start Sanders or Lamb this week for fantasy. On one hand Sanders hasn’t been producing as much with Hurts running ability, but Dallas has a sub par defense. Lamb is obviously a beast, but Eagles defense has done a decent job in pass defense against good receiving options so far. They’ll definitely be tested by the combo of Cooper/Lamb. 

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I agree mostly with your overall point, but I do think there comes a point that an organization damages a player, QB especially, where both just need to move on. 

Don’t disagree there is a time where both need to move on. I think this situation was the Jets completely set him up to fail in NY with the crappy HCs they hired and when douglas got there were so devoid of talent. Then didn’t help just letting his best weapon go. I wouldn’t have drafted Wilson at 2 because they have such massive holes that they weren’t ready and it feels like they very well could be right back in the same spot they were in with darnold if their picks don’t hit and saleh doesn’t pan out. 

Terrace Marshall Jr

Tommy Tremble

Two guys I were hoping to wind up in midnight green looked good tonight for Carolina.

Rhule and Co. building a good team in Charlotte.

I live here so I'll get to see it each week.

Anyone from here going to the game next month?

7 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Terrace Marshall Jr

Tommy Tremble

Two guys I were hoping to wind up in midnight green looked good tonight for Carolina.

I’ve loved their drafting the last several years, I’ve thought they’ve been one of best drafting teams the past 3-4 years. 

16 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Terrace Marshall Jr

Tommy Tremble

I believe 4for4 is, if you guys haven't already discussed it.

Rhule is a good coach and will make that team competitive.  That should be a good game.  If CMC is still down with a hammy then the Eagles should have a chance to be in the game.  Otherwise, CMC can destroy our LBs in the passing game unless Taylor gets healthy and is running at 22 MPH.

And if you guys do meet up for the game like how Captain F (now What The F) and Hoagie (what the Hell happened to him, did he not get the memo?) did for SB52, make sure to post loads of pics so we can make fun of you guys.  :P

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

So we go from a legend in Zumoff to this?  I just don't like the sound of female announcers for male sports, especially football.  Not sure how to say it without sounding like a dog but I mean it with no disrespect to women.  I just don't like how it sounds.  What a horrible move.

8 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I believe 4for4 is, if you guys haven't already discussed it.

Rhule is a good coach and will make that team competitive.  That should be a good game.  If CMC is still down with a hammy then the Eagles should have a chance to be in the game.  Otherwise, CMC can destroy our LBs in the passing game unless Taylor gets healthy and is running at 22 MPH.

And if you guys do meet up for the game like how Captain F (now What The F) and Hoagie (what the Hell happened to him, did he not get the memo?) did for SB52, make sure to post loads of pics so we can make fun of you guys.  :P

Didn't know 4for4 is a Carolinian too. Will have to check that out lol.

Not sure what to expect from that game. If CMC is out, definitely helps the Eagles chances. But Carolina is surprisingly good on both sides of the ball. Rhule has them firing on all cylinders.

Gonna get hammered at the tailgate. Buddy of mine has a RV and we are going all out for it. His fiance has agreed to be the DD. Already took the next day off from work. It is going down!

24 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’ve loved their drafting the last several years, I’ve thought they’ve been one of best drafting teams the past 3-4 years. 

Likewise, think they are a team on the rise. Their past draft of Jaycee Horn, Terrace Marshall Jr, Tommy Tremble, and Chuba Hubbard was my dream draft for the Eagles. Really liked Burns on the DL a year ago too.

Darnold and Anderson in FA made a lot of sense for them. It will be painful as an Eagles fan to watch them succeed going forward.

Here's to hoping we give them their first L in October!

4 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Didn't know 4for4 is a Carolinian too. Will have to check that out lol.

Not sure what to expect from that game. If CMC is out, definitely helps the Eagles chances. But Carolina is surprisingly good on both sides of the ball. Rhule has them firing on all cylinders.

Gonna get hammered at the tailgate. Buddy of mine has a RV and we are going all out for it. His fiance has agreed to be the DD. Already took the next day off from work. It is going down!

Sounds like a good plan.  Have loads of fun and don't get arrested and definitely don't run onto the field and get tasered.  Though, I'm sure most of here on the EMB would rather enjoy that.

So you're going to be drinking, but what about the eats?  BBQ?  Gotta have a plan.  Without a plan there's no attack.  Without an attack there's no victory.

13 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Sounds like a good plan.  Have loads of fun and don't get arrested and definitely don't run onto the field and get tasered.  Though, I'm sure most of here on the EMB would rather enjoy that.

So you're going to be drinking, but what about the eats?  BBQ?  Gotta have a plan.  Without a plan there's no attack.  Without an attack there's no victory.

Planning on having a blast without a visit to the drunk tank lol. Don't think my job would be too thrilled about that. Trying to come up with some clever sign ideas to get a few seconds of fame on the telecast. Suggestions are welcome!

In regards to food, it is going to be a feast of epic proportions. I will be providing traditional Carolina pulled pork to make amazing sandwiches. Going to smoke my pork butt the night before. My buddy will also be smoking beef brisket the night before. For sides, I am thinking homemade coleslaw and truffle mac n cheese.

23 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Likewise, think they are a team on the rise. Their past draft of Jaycee Horn, Terrace Marshall Jr, Tommy Tremble, and Chuba Hubbard was my dream draft for the Eagles. Really liked Burns on the DL a year ago too.

Darnold and Anderson in FA made a lot of sense for them. It will be painful as an Eagles fan to watch them succeed going forward.

Here's to hoping we give them their first L in October!

Weirdly enough I’m kind of supporting them. I don’t want to say I’m a fan, just because I’m loyal to Philly and do hope we beat them, but I really like strong team building and Carolina has been a team I’ve admired in how they’ve built their team. Similar to Raiders back when they had Cooper, Mack, Carr and were looking like a Super Bowl caliber team. I still believe Carolina should of drafted Fields, but Darnold looks good so far. 

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Planning on having a blast without a visit to the drunk tank lol. Don't think my job would be too thrilled about that. Trying to come up with some clever sign ideas to get a few seconds of fame on the telecast. Suggestions are welcome!

In regards to food, it is going to be a feast of epic proportions. I will be providing traditional Carolina pulled pork to make amazing sandwiches. Going to smoke my pork butt the night before. My buddy will also be smoking beef brisket the night before. For sides, I am thinking homemade coleslaw and truffle mac n cheese.

Just a suggestion:

Eagles fans gave the finger to Reddit.  We have our own fan run site.  EMB for life, baby!

EDIT:  That food sounds amazing.  You really need to touch base with 4for4 if that's the case.

3 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

So basically he's a mush.

No basically there's a spiritual pattern or groove ripple that a highly spiritual one repeated.

3 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Can’t decided whether to start Sanders or Lamb this week for fantasy. On one hand Sanders hasn’t been producing as much with Hurts running ability, but Dallas has a sub par defense. Lamb is obviously a beast, but Eagles defense has done a decent job in pass defense against good receiving options so far. They’ll definitely be tested by the combo of Cooper/Lamb. 

Sanders is questionable with a chest injury. Don't believe it's official, just something to keep an eye on.

Matt Rhule might be an exception to the college coach rule.   (Although he did have 1 year in the NFL as ass't OL coach with the Giants back in 2012.). He's transitioned well to the NFL.

Archived