EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I think Goedert gets put on the franchise tag for 2022; they could have extended Mailata and Goedert and waited on Sweat, but the tag value for DE is currently much higher for DE than it is for TE -- about $17.7M for DE compared to only $10.6 for a TE.

I'm still hopeful the direction is for Goedert to stay and Ertz to be gone but we'll see how it plays out.  I think the Eagles are making a mistake having Ertz here this season, but that's JMO.  

Part of it depends on Barnett as well.  I do think looking at what is available in the draft should come into play.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Listen to this video from 0:14-0:24

If we get anything like this, Im not sure Ill be able to watch 76ers games. This is a Maxey highlight video, but that woman was so insufferable for that entire game.

I'm not sure what your objection is their commentary. I mean it's know different than about 99% of other commentators.  

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't know what a bad player/good pick is.

Opposite of your Good player/Bad pick. which = Good PLayer, but was a bad pick due to not being an area of weakness or need

So a bad player/ Good pick woiuld be the opposite  a bad player (JJAW) in an area of need

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I'm not sure what your objection is their commentary. I mean it's know different than about 99% of other commentators.  

Most of that video isnt terrible because most of their garbage was cut out. It was a video to highlight Maxey. Someone could have made a video of all the annoying things they said and itd be just as long. I suffered through that game and they were disgusting. The 10 seconds I suggested listening to was just a small sample of that.

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

Opposite of your Good player/Bad pick. which = Good PLayer, but was a bad pick due to not being an area of wekness

So a bad player/ Good pick woiuld be the opposite  a bad player (JJAW) in an area of need

That's both a bad player / bad pick.  

I'm not talking about drafting for need... but about having a plan for the player.   They seemed to really have no plan for Goedert.  TE is not a premier position, but they needed to double up on it.  And here we are in Year 4, and he's still the #2 TE.  Give me the Brent Celek/Trey Burton #2 TE over a premium pick every time.   

Goedert wasn't a bad pick at the time, but has become a bad pick as they now have to decide whether or not to pay him at a premium TE price for a guy that they've never actually seen do it for a full season as the lead TE.  Bad roster construction, bad succession planning.   

5 hours ago, eglz1 said:

UCF and BYU? That should make for some serious road trips. Or are they thinking about doing something like the Big 10 with their east and west? I don't follow college football much.

UCF was in the eastern AAC so I wonder if they will do an East and West. Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some more changes coming down.  SMU would be a good add.  UCF isn’t much further for the Texas teams than WVU. 

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If we continue to run a two deep safety, bend don’t break defense.  The short passing game and running game will be there for the opposing offenses.  Which means our sack production will be down.  It will look like our D line is not as productive, unless you get a nice lead and the other team has to start dropping back every play.  Like Atlanta.  Then the defensive line starts to have a little fun.  I expect more of that this week and as the season continues.  

I think pressure is going have to come up the middle.  I mean Dak is taking under 3 seconds to make throws.  I do think he misses defenders in zone coverage. So I could see Dak throwing an INT (if an Eagles DB can catch one).  I don't think DE pressure is going to get to him.  I think Connor Williams and Zack Martin are really too stout to give up in the way of immediate pressure.  I wonder if they move to creating a lot of variety in the front and try to put Hargrave and Cox in situations where they are a 0 technique.  

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

I think he believed that he got the LB to commit in the other direction and did not account for the DT reading his cut back.  The DT didn't have to fight off Kelce's block at all. 

Yup I remember shaking my head at this play, he has a guard pulling around a big gaping lane and instead of following the trap block he cuts it back right into the teeth of the D.

Stupid stuff by Sanders 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

True. They've been in the "don't make an NFC Championship game" lane for a quarter of a century now.

46 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

but if we pick a good player it still beats picking a bust, even if the need wasn't glaring or do you not agree? 

Why is that the only alternative?   You've created a false dilemma.  Why not a decent player at a more premium position that has a succession plan to get on the field?  

Each of these picks has a cumulative effect on the roster and poor choices in one year causes bad choices in the next.

53 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m sure this will go over well with a lot of folks. 

I'll be honest... it wouldn't be easy for anyone following Zumoff.  

I wonder who the Eagles are going to have line up primary at LDE with Graham out. I hope they don't just put Kerrigan there as he's mostly been invisible. Move one of Sweat or Barnett and throw in Milton Williams. Whoever it is will have a nice matchup going against La'el Collins. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I wonder who the Eagles are going to have line up primary at LDE with Graham out. I hope they don't just put Kerrigan there as he's mostly been invisible. Move one of Sweat or Barnett and throw in Milton Williams. Whoever it is will have a nice matchup going against La'el Collins. 

I'd put Sweat against Tyron Smith and move Barnett over against Collins.  I think Sweat's bend and speed would give Smith a lot of trouble.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Terrence Steele is starting in place of Collins.  I think putting Kerrigan over him would be fine. I am not sure why they couldn't move Sweat to that side as well.  

2 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

Sirianni is pandering. It seems like it’s his thing. It could work but your dealing with grown ass men if you don’t win this will get old quick and guys won’t respond. 

I dunno. Showing a film of the rivalry and cluing in the big chunk of the roster that doesn't understand how the fans get fired up is probably a good idea.

Not just to motivate the team, the veterans know and lead the way, but to get new players tuned to the media attention that comes with this game.

Otherwise, you might get "why is everyone making a big deal of this game, just another division rival?"

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Terrence Steele is starting in place of Collins.  I think putting Kerrigan over him would be fine. I am not sure why they couldn't move Sweat to that side as well.  

Collins isn't playing?!

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If it costs resources and doesn't actually improve the team... yeah, not sure how its a good pick.  You don't draft a player to sit behind a Pro Bowler for his entire rookie deal, with your first pick in a draft, leaving yourself with the decision of paying top shelf money for a guy that you've never seen in the lead role.  He's basically been a Trey Burton type player, but he's going to command big money... because "potential".  

I could change it to good player, bad decision if you prefer.  Bad roster construction.  Bad use of resources.  Whichever you prefer.

Sure. Although bad is still way too harsh. 

And saying "doesn’t actually improve the team” is a pretty nebulous argument to make. How many picks do you look at and definitively say "that guy makes the team better” if a quality two-way player like Goedert does not? How do you even quantify a statement like "does not actually improve the team?” That doesn’t just go for Goedert. I mean for all picks. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Glad that the bench is deep to replace Graham.  All 4 players mentioned could do just fine, and they could rotate them on situations.  Kerrigan may be a new guy for the team, but he has been productive for years.  He has a thumb injury that limits him thus far.  Sweat just got extended and he would be looking to showcase his crafts.  Williams has seen some action on the DL already and would want more PT.  Barnett could just stay where he is and hold down that position.

4for4's favorite guy using his favorite website!

Yeah yeah PPF is dumb but I do think Maddox actually has been solid in the slot role though. 

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I dunno. Showing a film of the rivalry and cluing in the big chunk of the roster that doesn't understand how the fans get fired up is probably a good idea.

Not just to motivate the team, the veterans know and lead the way, but to get new players tuned to the media attention that comes with this game.

Otherwise, you might get "why is everyone making a big deal of this game, just another division rival?"

That works both ways though. Sirianni wore the shirt during a media session and now it’s being talked about in Dallas. You may not believe in bulletin board material but why take the chance? Plus he’s got his kids and wife wearing the beat Dallas shirts as well. 

If he wants to pander to the players and the fans fine but he better deliver. You know Dalllas will throw it in his face if they lose. 

5 hours ago, RLC said:

I keep rewatching this and don't understand Sanders at all. He might have scored!

He used to post on here as Andrews73 in the official website days.  The hot takes weren't that hot then and he had a problem if someone disagreed with him here or elsewhere in the NFL universe.

Archived