EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

On 11/30/2021 at 11:43 PM, schuy7 said:

How's everyone feeling about their team as the playoffs near? Injuries have been a MF for a lot of us, including me. No Derrick Henry or Calvin Ridley.

It Stinks GIFs | Tenor

On 11/30/2021 at 11:43 PM, schuy7 said:

How's everyone feeling about their team as the playoffs near? Injuries have been a MF for a lot of us, including me. No Derrick Henry or Calvin Ridley.

I feel like my team is alright. Gonna try to ride it out with Hill at QB. Jackson has been garbage lately.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, schuy7 said:

Feeling pretty darn good.  Jonathon Taylor coming off the bye ready to dominate to finish.

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to crowning the Blog's first fantasy football champion.

Jonathon Taylor and I are ready for the crown.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

Top 4 seeds lost round 1 of the playoffs, hilarious.

The 8 seed might get to the finals. Ekeler just went on Covid list. Mike Evans might not play due to a bad hammy. Ditto with DJ moore. Things are going well for me. 

Need to start two RBs in my main league. What do you guys think? I'm leaning CEH and Wilson.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jeff Wilson
James Conner (game time decision)
Justin Jackson
Sony Michel

8 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Need to start two RBs in my main league. What do you guys think? I'm leaning CEH and Wilson.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jeff Wilson
Justin Jackson
Sony Michel

Having the Thursday night game for Wilson complicates things, plus the Deebo factor, Conner GTD, Jackson will only get significant carries if Ekeler stays on the Covid list.  

Wilson ( 1st ) and Conner ( 7th ) also going against top defenses against fantasy RB's.  

I would go Helaire, Steelers are 26th against fantasy RB's, and if Ekeler is out, you have the Jackson option against the Texans 27th against fantasy RB's

Yeah, Jackson is very tempting. It's just tough to sit Wilson and then say Ekeler is removed from the covid list in time, I'm in a tough spot. It's gotta be one of the tougher decisions I've had to make in the fantasy playoffs.

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Jeff Wilson
Justin Jackson
Sony Michel

Definitely CEH. I wouldn’t play Wilson cause the titans are actually good against the run. Kind of like when Schwartz was here. I’d probably wait it out and go with either jackson or conner. I don’t think ekeler is playing this week. Jackson should have a huge week against Houston. 

6496ED20-58ED-473A-A3C8-B195FE86E2C8.jpeg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Great, Jeff Wilson already scored and I benched him because of you @e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!.

If I lose, it's on you!

That’s a my bad. If makes you feel any better I’m likely going to lose in our blog league 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s a my bad. If makes you feel any better I’m likely going to lose in our blog league 

That does make me feel a little better!

• Haha 1

You guys got any last minute streaming options at RB for this week?  Have Ekeler on Covid list and Fournette to IR.   Options currently on team are Darrell Henderson, who seems to have lost the starting job to Michel, and Craig Reynolds who may not do anything this week with Williams and Swift likely back.  Any ideas?    

5 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

You guys got any last minute streaming options at RB for this week?  Have Ekeler on Covid list and Fournette to IR.   Options currently on team are Darrell Henderson, who seems to have lost the starting job to Michel, and Craig Reynolds who may not do anything this week with Williams and Swift likely back.  Any ideas?    

Darrell Williams may be sneaky if he's available. If Hill and Kelce don't play, they could give more touches to CEH and Williams. Plus the Steelers have really been struggling against the run.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Darrell Williams may be sneaky if he's available. If Hill and Kelce don't play, they could give more touches to CEH and Williams. Plus the Steelers have really been struggling against the run.

Thanks!  Good idea.  I guess Howard could be a good option if Sanders isn't going this weekend.  

Good luck to @rrfierce and @LeanMeanGM in the title game.

We'll replace DireWolf and anyone else who doesn't want in or wasn't active this year for the 2022 fantasy season. Anyone with ideas to help improve the league are welcome. One I have is to use FAAB (free agent budget) instead of waivers. Each team will have, say, $100 to spend on their free agents during the year, that way everyone has an even chance at adding players and there's more strategy to it.

I’ve really enjoyed doing this , certainly makes the NFL season a bit more interesting. 

I actually didn’t know how the play offs works and didn’t realise I was in the final LOL. Do the league standings not mean anything ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

I’ve really enjoyed doing this , certainly makes the NFL season a bit more interesting. 

I actually didn’t know how the play offs works and didn’t realise I was in the final LOL. Do the league standings not mean anything ? 

Not in our league apparently. 🤣

Teams were seeded #1-8. It just so happens two of the lower seeds won their way into the championship game. Like an Eagles-Dolphins Super Bowl.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:38 PM, schuy7 said:

We'll replace DireWolf and anyone else who doesn't want in or wasn't active this year for the 2022 fantasy season. Anyone with ideas to help improve the league are welcome. One I have is to use FAAB (free agent budget) instead of waivers. Each team will have, say, $100 to spend on their free agents during the year, that way everyone has an even chance at adding players and there's more strategy to it.

I’ll take the open spot next year. Thanks 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 5:44 PM, schuy7 said:

Not in our league apparently. 🤣

Teams were seeded #1-8. It just so happens two of the lower seeds won their way into the championship game. Like an Eagles-Dolphins Super Bowl.

Yeah my team just couldn’t stay healthy. With direwolf gone maybe we go down to 10 teams? 

On 12/27/2021 at 7:38 PM, schuy7 said:

Don’t have waivers reset each week.  Waiver order starts reverse order of  draft, and then it is based on claims.  People have to be strategic with claims, don’t wanna lose a high waiver claim on a 1 week rental.