EMB Blog: Fantasy League

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Yeah my team just couldn’t stay healthy. With direwolf gone maybe we go down to 10 teams? 

We'll likely roll with 12 teams again. jwill has already asked to join and I'm sure others would like to step in.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Don’t have waivers reset each week.  Waiver order starts reverse order of  draft, and then it is based on claims.  People have to be strategic with claims, don’t wanna lose a high waiver claim on a 1 week rental.

That's a good point.

I still think I'd like to use the free agent budget. I've never been a big fan of waivers. Just because a team is in last place doesn't mean they should have first shot at the best adds available. FAAB will require more strategy and is fair.

24 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I still think I'd like to use the free agent budget. I've never been a big fan of waivers. Just because a team is in last place doesn't mean they should have first shot at the best adds available. FAAB will require more strategy and is fair.

That is why you don’t reset waivers every week.  You make a claim week 1, no one else does, you are last until someone else makes a claim.  In my money league, I held the #1 spot for 5 weeks until the right move I wanted came along.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

That is why you don’t reset waivers every week.  You make a claim week 1, no one else does, you are last until someone else makes a claim.  In my money league, I held the #1 spot for 5 weeks until the right move I wanted came along.

This cost me a few years back.

The guy held the fantasy waiver all the way through the season. He started #1. I remember it being Deangelo Williams that cost me.

We played each other last game of season. He had the best record in the league. I had to win to get in. My starting RB got hurt. He was ahead of Williams on the depth chart. I can’t remember who it was. I put in a waiver, Im #2 on it, and he got him. Then Williams went off for 40.

I’d rather it be no waiver and it be first come first serve honestly. It’s not the actual NFL. There is no fair way to do a waiver. You’re way will always have a good roster holding out till the end and costing someone. The other way always ends up with good players being picked up for 2-7 teams.

My main league has done first come, first serve since 2009. I like it. We set adds for Tuesday at noon ET that way there isn't a rush to begin making moves at 3am after Monday Night Football. We're also thinking of using FAAB next year for the first time. 

I'm open to any. We'll see how everyone feels about it in August. Waivers, FAAB, or first come first serve. Ideally, we move away from waivers. FAAB being the best solution in my opinion.

Congrats to @LeanMeanGM on winning the first EMB Blog Fantasy Championship. By 1.5 points no less. Here's hoping there isn't a stat correction overnight. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Im down for next year. I’d also get rid of beast. He also stopped checking his team like half way through the season.  

also if we can get fractional points that would be cool. Nothing i hate more than getting only 6 points when my guy has 69 yards and i lose .9 points. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Congrats to @LeanMeanGM on winning the first EMB Blog Fantasy Championship. By 1.5 points no less. Here's hoping there isn't a stat correction overnight. 🤣

Was a close one, thought it had it but the Dallas D let me down. 

I also should have played Murray 😂

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Im down for next year. I’d also get rid of beast. He also stopped checking his team like half way through the season.  

also if we can get fractional points that would be cool. Nothing i hate more than getting only 6 points when my guy has 69 yards and i lose .9 points. 

I'll check with beast before the season. He had some problem with ESPN and then gave up. If he isn't willing to be more active next year, we'll replace him.

I'll adjust the scoring for decimals.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Saw the leagues been activated. Probably should replace direwolf. Also can we have the draft not at like 7am on the west coast. I completely forgot about our baseball one cause it was that early 

The season is around the corner. I imagine we'll have two open spots to fill our 12-team league. DireWolf will be out and probably Beast, too, though I haven't checked with him after he couldn't log in to ESPN midseason last year. Everyone else in the league can confirm their spot in here and we'll get some discussion going about whatever changes we may want for this season. Waivers/FAAB, scoring system, draft order and date, etc.

@4for4EaglesNest

@LeanMeanGM

@Original Sin

@downundermike

@rrfierce

@HazletonEagle

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

@Connecticut Eagle

@Iggles25

@MillerTime

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Saw the leagues been activated. Probably should replace direwolf. Also can we have the draft not at like 7am on the west coast. I completely forgot about our baseball one cause it was that early 

Definitely will have it in the evening/night.

• Like 2

I will be back, if needed.  If there is a great response of people wanting to play,  someone new can have my spot. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I will be back, if needed.  If there is a great response of people wanting to play,  someone new can have my spot. 

I would be insulted if you didn't play

Just now, schuy7 said:

I would be insulted if you didn't play

It would be my pleasure to insult you. 

But you can mark me as a yes for now. And considering the state of the blog (mostly just 3 or 4 posters arguing) I'm assuming I'm likely to remain in it.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It would be my pleasure to insult you. 

But you can mark me as a yes for now. And considering the state of the blog (mostly just 3 or 4 posters arguing) I'm assuming I'm likely to remain in it.

I was thinking of inviting RTK and olivshere or whatever his name is to spice the league up. 

I am the senate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, schuy7 said:

The season is around the corner. I imagine we'll have two open spots to fill our 12-team league. DireWolf will be out and probably Beast, too, though I haven't checked with him after he couldn't log in to ESPN midseason last year. Everyone else in the league can confirm their spot in here and we'll get some discussion going about whatever changes we may want for this season. Waivers/FAAB, scoring system, draft order and date, etc.

@4for4EaglesNest

@LeanMeanGM

@Original Sin

@downundermike

@rrfierce

@HazletonEagle

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

@Connecticut Eagle

@Iggles25

@MillerTime

Im in

17 hours ago, schuy7 said:

@4for4EaglesNest

@LeanMeanGM

@Original Sin

@downundermike

@rrfierce

@HazletonEagle

@e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

@Connecticut Eagle

@Iggles25

@MillerTime

I’m in 

Hopefully some A-hole doesn't sneak in as a 6th seed and win the whole thing

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

@schuy7 I’ll take one of the open spots. Thanks. 

I'll send you an invite via DM.

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

I'll send you an invite via DM.

😎