Where do you stand on QB for 2022

ManchesterEagle

Where do you stand on QB for 2022  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do at QB in 2022

• Hurts is the guy in 2022 and beyond - I'm convinced.
    • Roll with Hurts in 2022 with Minshew as back-up - see how it plays out.
    • Should be open competition between Hurts and Minshew in TC
    • Minshew should start
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson
    • Trade for Russell Wilson
    • Trade for Aaron Rodgers
    • Trade up in first to get a QB (say who in the comments)
    • Stay put in first to get a QB (say who in comments)
    • Trade a low rounder for Kirk Cousins
    • Sign Teddy Bridgewater
    • Sign another free agent to compete with Hurts/Minshew (say who in comments)

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Nope.  But they can overcome the defensive deficiencies by sustaining drives and scoring points.  If you can’t even say we could maybe win a game, we already need to upgrade at QB.

They sustain drives now. They need to develop and improve this defense. They also need a viable receiver who the can count on. It doesn’t matter if Reagor is dropping passes from Hurts or Rodgers. It’s still a drop. The difference is with Hurts it doesn’t have to be Reagor being thrown to. With Wilson and his 40 million dollar contract there is no other option. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

It is not 10, and everyone has dropped passes, so if we add for Hurts we have to add for everyone else, then his 26 does not look impressive.

It’s at least 10.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is not 10, and everyone has dropped passes, so if we add for Hurts we have to add for everyone else, then his 26 does not look impressive.

Off the top of my head, Smith and Reagor went out of bounds on TD passes, Reagor dropped two at the end of the Giants game, Ward dropped one in the Giants game.

I also remember a few offensive pass interference penalties.

25 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I don't think the rings thing is really a good argument to make. The goal is to make your team a contender and give yourself a shot. Whenever you have to compete against other elite QBs to win, you're not guaranteed to get a ring. But the Seahawks and Packers have been contenders almost every year under Rodgers and Wilson. That is what you want if you're an Eagles fan. 2 rings are nothing to scoff at. I'd kill to have the Andy Reid days in Philly again and the Eagles didn't get a ring. Since Reid left, the organization has not been the same overall, despite the one amazing year in 2017. Right now the Eagles have no chance to win a Super Bowl. With Rodgers/Wilson/Watson they'd have a chance. That's where the value is.

2020 was an anomaly year for Watson. Since he got there, the Texans made the playoffs and he made them relevant. They gave the Super Bowl champs a real run for their money when they played the Chiefs. I'd take that over what the Eagles have now. And look at how teams generally perform when they lose their franchise QBs and find out just how much of an anomaly that season actually is.

You add Rodgers to the Eagles and they'd be the Vegas favorites in the NFC to make it to the SB. Wilson... not as much because he's not as good as Rodgers, but they'd have a much greater chance. And they're known commodities. There's no guarantee that trade would even weaken your team, it would depend on whom you draft. If those first rounders ending up being another Dillard, Reagor, and Derek Barnett, you aren't losing much.

Most blockbuster trades for superstars happen when the player is past their prime, and secondly, it depends on how you mean "worked out." If your bar is set on that team winning a Super Bowl, of course most trades aren't going to work out. It's impossible odds for that to ever happen. But you have to focus specifically on QBs here, not other positions. And QBs as good as Rodgers, Wilson, and Watson rarely get traded when they still play at a high level. It's almost unprecedented. So there's really not anything there to compare it to.

I’d say Wilson is past his prime and Watson is a POS. I’d love to have Aaron here but that ain’t happening. I think he and GB have kiss and made up. If they win the SB there’s no chance he goes. 

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not a dumb question.  We are in, and opponent will be Tampa Bay or Los Angeles.  Can they win a game ??

Tampa got blanked by the Saints and barely handled the Jets. They’re beatable. And the Rams? Yes I think there’s a chance. They’re very streaky, like their QB. I’d say the Cowboys sadly are our worst matchup out of the 2/3/4 seeds. I have seen teams lose to the Lions, Jets and Jaguars this year that shouldn’t have.

As far as Hurts, do you remember back in the day when young QBs were given a few seasons before being labeled busts or studs? Pepperidge Farm remembers. If Steichen stays, next year will basically be the first time ever that Jalen has had the same HC/OC for more than one year in his college/pro career. I’m more than willing to go with him for 2022 and build the team up around him. 

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I’d say Wilson is past his prime and Watson is a POS. I’d love to have Aaron here but that ain’t happening. I think he and GB have kiss and made up. If they win the SB there’s no chance he goes. 

Tampa got blanked by the Saints and barely handled the Jets. They’re beatable. And the Rams? Yes I think there’s a chance. They’re very streaky, like their QB. I’d say the Cowboys sadly are our worst matchup out of the 2/3/4 seeds. I have seen teams lose to the Lions, Jets and Jaguars this year that shouldn’t have.

As far as Hurts, do you remember back in the day when young QBs were given a few seasons before being labeled busts or studs? Pepperidge Farm remembers. If Steichen stays, next year will basically be the first time ever that Jalen has had the same HC/OC for more than one year in his college/pro career. I’m more than willing to go with him for 2022 and build the team up around him. 

Wilson may be past his prime. It's possible. I doubt it, but can't fully rule it out.

Watson is indeed a POS if the accusations are true, but the dude can play QB. No one said the Eagles had to employ model citizens to win.

If he's eligible to play, I don't care if he's Ted Bundy.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Wilson may be past his prime. It's possible. I doubt it, but can't fully rule it out.

Watson is indeed a POS if the accusations are true, but the dude can play QB. No one said the Eagles had to employ model citizens to win.

If he's eligible to play, I don't care if he's Ted Bundy.

Guess I just am more a homegrown talent guy. I WANT Jalen to improve and succeed. I mean I’d still cheer for a team led by Watson don’t get me wrong, but I ain’t buying my son a Watson jersey or letting him throw the fathead up in his room. Lol

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Guess I just am more a homegrown talent guy. I WANT Jalen to improve and succeed. I mean I’d still cheer for a team led by Watson don’t get me wrong, but I ain’t buying my son a Watson jersey or letting him throw the fathead up in his room. Lol

I wouldn’t either. Nor would I ask for his autograph or want to hang out with the guy. Just win football games. And when the game is over, I’ll stop caring about the guy one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I wouldn’t either. Nor would I ask for his autograph or want to hang out with the guy. Just win football games. And when the game is over, I’ll stop caring about the guy one way or the other.

Sure. I’ve taken my son to two games this year (he’s 10) and he loves Hurts. Im also an OU fan so I admit my bias, but I saw improvement this year. I want to give him another year.  I mean does anyone truly think Rodgers, Wilson or Watson would want to come here? Not to mention their salaries. Just too many indicators to say I’m gonna get what I want, which is Hurts to get another shot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Sure. I’ve taken my son to two games this year (he’s 10) and he loves Hurts. Im also an OU fan so I admit my bias, but I saw improvement this year. I want to give him another year.  I mean does anyone truly think Rodgers, Wilson or Watson would want to come here? Not to mention their salaries. Just too many indicators to say I’m gonna get what I want, which is Hurts to get another shot. 

I think they'd wanna come here, Philly is generally a popular place to play when it comes to the NFL.

9 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I think they'd wanna come here, Philly is generally a popular place to play when it comes to the NFL.

Yeah I can already see Ciara’s face in the family section freezing her arse off in December while the fans are trashing her husband on the field. 😂

• Haha 2

Rather than shaking up the QB room in 2022 they should shake out the dreck, starting
with Whiteside and Reagor, and the injury prone RBs - keep Scott, Gainwell and Huntley.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe the Eagles have also had a least 10 touchdown passes called back for penalties or flat out dropped by receivers this season. Downundermike likes to say Wentz would have had over 40 touchdowns  in 2017 he didn’t even throw. Meanwhile Hurts threw ten extra touchdowns that weren’t even counted. Now add that to his list. We are talking 26 touchdown passes to go with 10 rushing. Suddenly Hurts is well over 30 total touchdowns. 

That's true and that's fair but I think some of those you have to put on Hurts? I mean some of the illegal man down field flags were on Hurts really. 

I'd stay put and take Kenny Pickett, if still available.  Or package one pick and Hurts to move up to get him.   My main point for doing this is to gain a more well rounded, higher ceiling QB, while gaining 2 years of rookie contract time back.

I doubt either happens and expect to be stuck with what we have for one more season.  I can't see how they ever extend Hurts, so a QB is coming from somewhere sooner or later.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's true and that's fair but I think some of those you have to put on Hurts? I mean some of the illegal man down field flags were on Hurts really. 

Some of those were bang ban plays called back from JJAW holding penalties. 

I’m good with the Hurts/Minshew combo next year. Draft defense and get another playmaker or two for the o. They won 9 games with them this year. Who’s to say how good they could be with a good defense and another guy alongside Smith.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I’m good with the Hurts/Minshew combo next year. Draft defense and get another playmaker or two for the o. They won 9 games with them this year. Who’s to say how good they could be with a good defense and another guy alongside Smith.

They absolutely need to look outside of the draft or within their organization for a wide receiver. They’re going to need to pony up the money and sign a guy or use a pick to trade for a guy. They need another receiver bad and another season of Reagor starting is a mistake.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They absolutely need to look outside of the draft or within their organization for a wide receiver. They’re going to need to pony up the money and sign a guy or use a pick to trade for a guy. They need another receiver bad and another season of Reagor starting is a mistake.  

Some realistic names that intrigue me:

Chris Godwin

Mike Williams

Allen Robinson

Christian Kirk

DJ Chark

Braxton Berrios

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Some realistic names that intrigue me:

Chris Godwin

Mike Williams

Allen Robinson

Christian Kirk

DJ Chark

Braxton Berrios

Depending on who they choose Eagles could possibly sign more than one of these players. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Depending on who they choose Eagles could possibly sign more than one of these players. 

I’m ok with something like:

Smith

Chark

Rookie (bigger guy like Pickens, Pierce, Ekunama, etc)

Watkins

Reagor

Ward

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I’m ok with something like:

Smith

Chark

Rookie (bigger guy like Pickens, Pierce, Ekunama, etc)

Watkins

Reagor

Ward

I hope they stick with veterans for receiver and I’d be okay with them moving on from Ward to do it. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I hope they stick with veterans for receiver and I’d be okay with them moving on from Ward to do it. 

Well ward is a UFA I believe. I’m good with a young vet and a rook with size to play outside. He’s not an awful slot guy, and he can be an emergency QB

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Well ward is a UFA I believe. I’m good with a young vet and a rook with size to play outside. He’s not an awful slot guy, and he can be an emergency QB

Yeah I get it, but Jackson could be an emergency QB too. Besides I just think it’s time to turn the page and frankly I’m tired of Roseman drafting anymore receivers too. 

17 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

Rather than shaking up the QB room in 2022 they should shake out the dreck, starting
with Whiteside and Reagor, and the injury prone RBs - keep Scott, Gainwell and Huntley.

Its a shame because Howard likely could've been had for cheap. He started out hot then keeps getting banged up. Reminiscent of Ryan Mathews.

Yall also need to consider center. Will kelce play another season? Do we have his replacement on the roster?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Yall also need to consider center. Will kelce play another season? Do we have his replacement on the roster?

Seumalo and or Dickerson can play center. Both are under contract, but the fact the Eagles went out ther way to make sure Kelce kept his record makes me think he might be back.